Ettequite Question: Delayed Ship?

I have a 1080 with an integrated WB that I'm looking to sell and buy a 1080ti. I would like to approve the sale, order the TI, and ship the 1080 as soon as the TI arrives. As long as I'm clear about this in the thread, and the buyer agrees before money changes hands, is it legit? Or is this kind of thing generally a no-no?

Reactions: Dan
like this
of course. I sold something once and said i need 2-3 weeks to get it out. Buyer said no problem and I paid for priority shipping when the time came. As long as the buyer is fully aware on what your trying to do its fine in my mind. Just be honest and up front.
edit: now be aware of possible problems. What happens if the product gets lost, damaged, or you have a not honest buyer who gets buyer remorse and claims its faulty (happened to me). Now you have to refund the money you just spent. As long as you have those funds avalible then no big deal.

Cool. I wouldn't normally put my buyer through the trouble, but I'm dealing with a hardline loop and would like to be able to complete the swap while the system is freshly drained and still wet.

Thanks for the advice!

This is fine, as long as you make yourself clear. This is a similar situation to having a trader ship first to you either because

A) He/She has low heatware
B) You have no replacement/backup card so you need to receive the other card first

I agree with the above info, and will add that you should put in info detailing what happens if shipping takes even longer.
i.e. you get a defective card, or the card your order is delayed, lost in shipping, etc...

As long as the buyer have all the info up front and agrees to it before paying, you are fine.

Back