eTrust AntiVirus for Small Business

enmtx

Gawd
I have a Small Business Server 2003 network with 36 clients computers connected to it. I'm looking to replace our current Symantec Client Security with something else. I have heard good things about eTrust AntiVirus. I would like a suite that will protect my Servers (we also have two other Server 2003 Enterprise servers) and my clients all from one Control Console like what Symantec has with their Symantec System Center. Any input from those already using eTrust?

I haven't in a couple of years...somewhat didn't like it all that much back then. I've seen CA's antivirus let bugs past too much. I'm really into Esets NOD32, their "Enterprise Edition" is so powerful, the admin console really lets you roll up your sleeves and manage the network. Takes a little more to learn it, I'll admin it's not as intuitive as the Symantec admin console, but a much more effective antivirus, and very light on the workstations. With the Exchange module (XMON) it'd run you under 1200 bucks.

Trend Micro also makes a good SBS package.

Dont do it, their antivirus is horrible. We are forced to use it and I have yet to see it do anything useful.Yes its better then nothing but there is way better out there. Not better then Symantec IMO.

I'd take a good look at F-secure's solutions. A company I do business with just switched to their business suite, and everyone from the IT guy, to sales and shop personnel seem to love it. They had perpetual problems with the Trend Micro solution they were using before.

jonw757 said:
Dont do it, their antivirus is horrible. We are forced to use it and I have yet to see it do anything useful.Yes its better then nothing but there is way better out there. Not better then Symantec IMO.

I dont' have too much problems with it. It doesn't have a very nice central console, but I've got an older version so that may have been resolved. The biggest upside is its cheap. There are no contunued costs as AV updates are free for "the lifetime" of the product. (Basicly as long as they support the product)

Back