Etrian Odyssey IV Released (3ds)

Picked up a 3DS just for this game (well a few others, but this was the tipping point).

This game can get very frustrating at times. I do enjoy it, but I dont have as much free time as I used to. I think I might enjoy casual more.

Then again, maybe I just need to read up on skills and how they really work together.

Front
NightSeeker - Focus on blinding
Swordsman - Pure physical damage and power break
Fortress - Taunt and Guard

Back
Rune Master - Pure Fireball
Medic - Teh Healz

It's working ok, until I get to the boss of 3F of the Lush woodlands. I did pretty well on my first try, but its a long trek to get back there and try again.

Edit: Just read up on casual mode. The only difference is that you have unlimited Ariadne Thread(to get back to town), and on death, you simply return to town. It doesnt affect enemy combat, droprates, or anything else (maybe something about medals or achievements, but I couldnt care less about that stuff).

Last edited:
yeah these games are no picnic.

If you don't have time you can auto grind in this game. Put a point or two into the Medic's Patch up. Then draw a square with the auto pathing and hit play.

like this

>\/
/\<

then once you hit play on the auto path you will walk in circles then you just find something to hold down the A button and take a nap....Wake up a few levels higher go fight boss and win.....better than playing casual I'd think.

starting out you really can't go that wrong Medic and Fortress are the best 2 classes to have while starting out. Once you get to sub classing then it gets a bit more important how you arrange your classes and skills.

Yeah I was wrong, casual combat is a lot easier, foes in new areas ae beatable first pass. I can auto battle all the normal fights. Some battles still aren't trivial, but I wish there was a happy medium between casual and normal. I don't mind the challenge of normal combat, but I hate losing an hour of dungeon crawling because of something unexpected.

I'll probably keep it on casual because there is so many other games I want to play.

Back