Ethereum miners are dumping their GPUs on eBay

Rx 580s still have ridiculous pricing, fury series are coming down quite a bit.

Rx 580s still have ridiculous pricing, fury series are coming down quite a bit.

It's getting better though. Newegg has some combo deals on 570s and 580s that put the cards closer to the actual msrp then I've seen in a while..., 4gb cards though.

I'm all for trolling the mining subreddits and fanning the flames of "sell your GPU before the market's flooded!" hysteria, but between us [H]'ers, the article in OP is clickbait nonsense with no facts or evidence other than "whelp GPU's should be getting cheap any time now" conjecture. Not going to happen for multiple reasons. Crypto also didn't "lose half its value" unless you're a simple that doesn't understand what a correction is. The volatility is actually a good thing for anyone in this for profit.

Secondhand GPU's from late crypto bandwagoners that are jumping out as fast as they jumped in, are being snapped up by the large scale corporate operations and ruthless chinese superfarms, don't ask me how I know.

"But this happened once before in 2014 and everyone sold their GPU's". Nope, this isn't 2014 and ASICS taking over the BTC/LTC game from GPU's overnight. Now you've got a thousand different altcoins and shitcoins, and the larger operations are way more organized. Prices may come down on certain cards, but the "flood of GPU's" everyone is assuming will happen, is simply not going to happen.

Last edited:
I kind of wondered why people would jump on eth, not make their money back & then sell their cards without trying different coins like LTC...?

where's this flood of GPU's at? they still sellout crazy fast when i get notifications of being in stock.

Mining will not die down anytime soon. Big miners are shipping Graphic cards to their facilities in leased 747s to get them up and running as soon as possible! Its still good money and the price of Ethereum will most likely only go higher in the future, meaning sustainable profits.

Like others know when it hit 400.00 everyone panicked for the "Gold" rush. now that is hit 200 again no one wants to do the long haul mining. I honestly just started right before the 400.00 hit and I'm happy where it's at now. Like geekebox said it'll most likely go up in the future. I'm just mining to hold onto the Eth coins for now in hopes of a decent return in a few years and not a get rich quick scheme :)

there's not much you can do in life with much shot at ROI in 6 months. Present values I'm absolutely fine with. I had a ton of hardware from the first huge bubble still and will ride it out.

there's not much you can do in life with much shot at ROI in 6 months. Present values I'm absolutely fine with. I had a ton of hardware from the first huge bubble still and will ride it out.

Exactly... people think 10%-12% return over the course of a year is good money in the stock market yet they are frustrated that they can't double their money in 2-3 months.

I started in Mid June and I'm hoping to break even in 8 months...if so I will have received 3 rx 570s "for free"

When Eth moves to proof of stake I hope to mine something else that is profitable & trade for btc/eth/whatever is worth something/stable.

I just finished my 2nd coin and my total investment (outside of my time) has been $660 in (3 4GB Rx 570) and power (probably $160). Even making 3%/month is a pretty good investment IMHO.

Edit: I did buy 2 x 1070s on clouseout/return BEFORE I even considered mining....but they are mining now except when I shut down ethminer to play games. if it can pay those off as well, even better!

Back