Ethereum - Anyone into this?

• Thread starter Deleted member 245375
  • Start date
Be careful with the increased power usage though, you can get bumped into a higher bracket for elevated usage. That happened to be with my bitcoin mining, went from profit to barely breaking even.

My power company I think doubles my rates after 600kwhr, so yeah thats a real issue. I try to refrain from using AC as much as possible. lucky for me it never gets super hot in michigan and my basement stays 8-10 degress cooler then upstairs.

Do you have a link to a tutorial to set everything up? Or maybe hit me up on pm to explain? I think I understand just need a little more info. Ty

Hmm, i could maybe make a youtube video when i get home from work.

Hmm, i could maybe make a youtube video when i get home from work.

Wow, thanks! but don't do this just on my account. I can probably figure it out. Unless you have been thinking about doing already? Either way, thanks for all the info!

they should get you about 41-42mh/sec. $159 a month. Lets assume that your electric is like mine. 14 cents a kwh after all fees/taxes. 500 watts x 24 hours. (12 kwh x .14cents) x 30 days in a month. $50 a month in electric so $109 a month in profit. If you turn the heat off / down in your house it can save you a tiny amount in heating costs ... until its fighting against the AC.

sign up on an exchange and generate a deposit address for ethereum. Copy that deposit address to your clipboard, download claymore dualminer 4.1, open start.bat and paste that deposit address in place of theirs. thats 90% if you want to dual mine decred coins same time you will need to create a worker on suprnova pool or something.

I think I have it about figured out. Just downgraded to correct Crimson drivers. Need to signup for an exchange. Do you have a recommendation?
Is Decred worth mining at same time?

Also, the latest Claymore Dual Miner (4.2) allows solo mining of ethereum. Should I just stick with pool mining?

im currently using previous amd drivers 15.12 as recommended by claymore, but some people are using newer drivers without issue too. I am making about $35 a month from decred so i do believe it outweighs both the additional watts for dual mining and the 1% dev fee.

I think I have it about figured out. Just downgraded to correct Crimson drivers. Need to signup for an exchange. Do you have a recommendation?
Is Decred worth mining at same time?

Also, the latest Claymore Dual Miner (4.2) allows solo mining of ethereum. Should I just stick with pool mining?

I havent tested solo, but for lower hashrate i like pools. Its nice to see your shares are submitting and your getting rewards -- im sticking with the pools so i can remotely see my machines are not down by checking a link from my cell phone.

Exchanges? Kraken and bittrex seem popular. I like bittrex because it trades both decred and ethereum.

Reactions: Yakk
like this
Wow, thanks! but don't do this just on my account. I can probably figure it out. Unless you have been thinking about doing already? Either way, thanks for all the info!

Ive made $200 from youtube by posting various videos and monetizing them, i didnt find the time last night but i may do it anyway.

im currently using previous amd drivers 15.12 as recommended by claymore, but some people are using newer drivers without issue too. I am making about $35 a month from decred so i do believe it outweighs both the additional watts for dual mining and the 1% dev fee.

cool - yeah decred makes sense to compensate for electricity and dev fee. Just wish I was smart enough to program something myself to receive a dev fee from everyone that uses it! I bet Claymore is doing well!

I havent tested solo, but for lower hashrate i like pools. Its nice to see your shares are submitting and your getting rewards -- im sticking with the pools so i can remotely see my machines are not down by checking a link from my cell phone.

Exchanges? Kraken and bittrex seem popular. I like bittrex because it trades both decred and ethereum.

I like to keep it simple - so will take your advice and signup for bittrex. anything special I need to know about them? you have a referral link you can pm me?

Ive made $200 from youtube by posting various videos and monetizing them, i didnt find the time last night but i may do it anyway.

Now you have my attention - may pm you for what other ways you are making money online?

I like to keep it simple - so will take your advice and signup for bittrex. anything special I need to know about them? you have a referral link you can pm me?

I don't, but appreciate the thought. Just wanted to remind everyone -- I live in michigan and from June through maybe September Consumers Energy imposes power caps ( they dont have enough supply for central air season, and buy from local states). If i go over 600 or 700kwhr my fees go from 13 cents to 22 cents roughly -- which kills most of the profit. You may want to check your utility bill fine print before you do as i did, and order $1000 of video cards. As of today im up to 8 video cards which i estimate 1600watts an hour or 1152kw a month.

I don't, but appreciate the thought. Just wanted to remind everyone -- I live in michigan and from June through maybe September Consumers Energy imposes power caps ( they dont have enough supply for central air season, and buy from local states). If i go over 600 or 700kwhr my fees go from 13 cents to 22 cents roughly -- which kills most of the profit. You may want to check your utility bill fine print before you do as i did, and order $1000 of video cards. As of today im up to 8 video cards which i estimate 1600watts an hour or 1152kw a month.

Thanks for the warning. will have to checkout my electric company.

Now you have my attention - may pm you for what other ways you are making money online?

LoL, its all i have so far. I actually like currency trading and i love computer hardware. Mining coins is a match made in heaven for me. research mining hardware, order, wait for brown truck, xmas in july! install, test, benchmark, mine, all good stuff -- a guy i work with uploaded a video of him playing toys with his 4 year old son, saw a button in youtube to monetize it... made 6 cents that weekend. i was like SAY WHAT??? so i uploaded various videos, 90% of them are flops -- but tutorials how to do something and comparisons for hot items seem to work. Amazon had a "fire" sale of their phones. brand new fire phones for $119 with a year of prime. i bought two, made videos showing Fire os vs CM11, how to flash it, etc.

Not to plug my own video, but gives you an idea of what it looks like. Need a tripod, and i use an external mic for good sound quality

LoL, its all i have so far. I actually like currency trading and i love computer hardware. Mining coins is a match made in heaven for me. research mining hardware, order, wait for brown truck, xmas in july! install, test, benchmark, mine, all good stuff -- a guy i work with uploaded a video of him playing toys with his 4 year old son, saw a button in youtube to monetize it... made 6 cents that weekend. i was like SAY WHAT??? so i uploaded various videos, 90% of them are flops -- but tutorials how to do something and comparisons for hot items seem to work. Amazon had a "fire" sale of their phones. brand new fire phones for $119 with a year of prime. i bought two, made videos showing Fire os vs CM11, how to flash it, etc.

Not to plug my own video, but gives you an idea of what it looks like. Need a tripod, and i use an external mic for good sound quality

Wow - so simple. I need to check this out and find time to do it. I just gave you your next video to monetize! lol

I think you could make some real money by buying broken cell phones and doing videos on replacing the screen. I recently helped a friend with a galaxy S4 and it was really easy to replace the screen assembly

Yeah, Claymore s miner does give you a bit of an edge, it really really likes underclocking and undervolting....

My effective hashrate is 85.5MH on my pool, although the miner says its only doing 73.5... Pretty decent.

My two 390X's stay at 68C 100% fan

Yeah, Claymore s miner does give you a bit of an edge, it really really likes underclocking and undervolting....

My effective hashrate is 85.5MH on my pool, although the miner says its only doing 73.5... Pretty decent.

My two 390X's stay at 68C 100% fan

I just upgraded to 4.2 and added -powlim -20 to my bat file. Watts at the wall dropped from 860 to 750 and so far running stable for 18 hours. ive had some bad experiences overclocking, so im a lot more interested in just seeing how low i can get the power at stock clocks.

Hmm, not too familiar with the older 5xxx series you're using to mine with but i'd imagine that you could undervolt at least .5 mv to 1mv at stock.. trouble is, you have many different GPU's so you'd have to set them all individually... which i guess isnt a huge issue although i've heard of problems setting certain parameters on individual cards.

buttons, have you noticed in the last couple of days your effective hashrate tanks after a few hours??

this happens to me with any miner..

I just upgraded to 4.2 and added -powlim -20 to my bat file. Watts at the wall dropped from 860 to 750 and so far running stable for 18 hours. ive had some bad experiences overclocking, so im a lot more interested in just seeing how low i can get the power at stock clocks.

Hmm, not too familiar with the older 5xxx series you're using to mine with but i'd imagine that you could undervolt at least .5 mv to 1mv at stock.. trouble is, you have many different GPU's so you'd have to set them all individually... which i guess isnt a huge issue although i've heard of problems setting certain parameters on individual cards.

buttons, have you noticed in the last couple of days your effective hashrate tanks after a few hours??

this happens to me with any miner..

Only when i underclock. I set powlim -20 and it starts out good, my power meter shows it dropped from 860 to 730 -- but after a few hours its almost like the video cards are downclocking. I normally get 74mh/sec 3 380s and a 270 ... when undervolted ive seen it drop to 66 but its drawing 120 watts less -- so im not sure if thats worth leaving it a lone. Right now im drawing 860watts and still getting full hashrate over 24 hours.

Exactly whats happening to me.

I have absolutely no choice but to leave it alone. These 390X's are extremely EXTREMELY power hungry.

2X 390X undervolted + 1 280X OC = ~70MH/s average - total system draw = 640w
Same config, stock settings (stock oc on MSI gaming 8G) = ~76 MH/s average - total system draw 910 watts!!!!!!!!!! My psu is only an 850 HAH. and the temperatures, holy shit. immediately up to 90C.

So yeah, IMHO I think its totally worth leaving the underclock alone. Even if it means we get less MH, as long as we dont get too many invalid shares :D

That is, unless heat and power $ isnt a factor.

Only when i underclock. I set powlim -20 and it starts out good, my power meter shows it dropped from 860 to 730 -- but after a few hours its almost like the video cards are downclocking. I normally get 74mh/sec 3 380s and a 270 ... when undervolted ive seen it drop to 66 but its drawing 120 watts less -- so im not sure if thats worth leaving it a lone. Right now im drawing 860watts and still getting full hashrate over 24 hours.

How are you undervolting your 390Xs? I assume you are using RivaTuner? Sorry I have done the opposite (overvolt/OC as much as water allows)...I am curious if there are any custom BIOS releases out there that disable ROPs for Ethereum mining...There were plenty out there for LiteCoin and a few other script coins..

I think I have it all working now. My two 7970s are hashing @ 37Mh/s for ETH and 556 Mh/s for DCR respectively. Power draw is about 470w from the original 680w before under volting. Plan to play around with under volting a little more with Afterburner to see I can reduce it some more. Right now it is just easier to use Afterburner to find a under volt sweet spot.

@ buttons or anyone that might know - How long before I see ETH and DCR in my Bittrex account?

I'm just concerned that I set it up correctly and I am not mining for nothing or for someone else! LOL

I am using ethpool with the wallet deposit address from my exchange. The way ethpool works is you take turns being awarded a full block. I find one every 3.5 days with 130mh. The pool website shows my hashrate, my progress towards that goal, etc.

I am using ethpool with the wallet deposit address from my exchange. The way ethpool works is you take turns being awarded a full block. I find one every 3.5 days with 130mh. The pool website shows my hashrate, my progress towards that goal, etc.

Thanks - I was able to check my progress on Ethpool and it looks good. I assume they deposit to my wallet at a certain threshold is reached?
I did determine that my bat file was setup incorrectly for Decred. Had to create a worker on suprnova and all is good now. Thanks again for all the help.

Curious, what is everyone doing with the ETH and DECRED in their wallets? cashing out or rolling to BTC?
Also, does anyone know about how long GPU mining will last for ETH? Will it be like BTC and eventually ASICS makes GPU mining unprofitable?

Eth will turn into PoS in a few months, then ill switch to decred or whatever other coin is profitable. I may be taking a mining break july - september if i cant find cheaper power.

Eth will turn into PoS in a few months, then ill switch to decred or whatever other coin is profitable. I may be taking a mining break july - september if i cant find cheaper power.
What is PoS? I assume not piece of S#$%?

My hashrate and growing.....

Attachments

• 20160517_124110.jpg
    20160517_124110.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 82
Buttons, how many ETH are you currently sitting on? Which exchange are you selling on? I have a good bit of them, and I think Ethereum is going to make another big push, breaking $15 or more in the next week or so..If they break $15, I think I am going to sell half my coins..

I use Kraken.

U have to send in government Id and a utility bill if you want to link a bank account.

Seems like a very decent exchange. Took about a week to get verified

In a month I sold around 330$ usd worth of coins

I'm moving into a new place very soon, and I think have a plan from my electricity company that's set per month for 1 year at the new place. As in all you can eat electricity for that amount a month... and it got me thinking about mining, since I've never had such an opportunity before.
I'm going to check into the details of the plan, but if there's no hidden strings, I may just go for it.

I skimmed through the thread and a few others here - it seems the newer, more power efficient cards will pay themselves back in a short while?
I also have three 2.6 ghz 8-core Xeons (E5 2670s v1) that I can potentially run if I go with this plan. Do CPUs net anything anymore? Is it even worth the heat they generate in the cases?

Pulling my hair out with this.
Eth mines okay but 18mh not 26, hardly runs 100% load, quite a few GPU errors and shit from time to time (bone stock and rock solid everywhere else) and timeouts (shitty net).

meanwhjile i can't do claymore for shit.
GPU #0 recognized as Radeon 290X
POOL version
DUAL MINING MODE ENABLED: ETHEREUM+DECRED
DCR - connecting to stratum.decredpool.org:3333
DCR - connecting to eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:80
Decred intensity (-dcri) is set to 35
Decred HTTP requests time (-dcrt) is set to 10
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode

DCR - connecting to eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:80
Pool returned error #6.
DCR: Failed to connect to pool, retry in 20 sec...
Pool returned error #6.
Pool returned error #6.

Nothing on google, no error #6. same with both servers.

bat is here

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool DwarfPool -ewal 0xef61c37d91789cffb5f3d11e0744caa4bb882491 -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://stratum.decredpool.org:3333 -dwal DsRpVECw6mcjDyBz9pG9kCaHi2XM7LKF5Bs -dpsw xxx -eworker MINERARR -dcri 35

all the other bullshit GPU settings in the guide semed for small core cards so took em out. Makes no difference to server connectiona nwyay. I just want to et it working and finetune from there.

Me In :] But two weeks ago transfered my hashes into ETC. I hope it be more profitable.

Is ETC actually a viable option to ETH? forgive my ignorance, but isn't ETC the pre-fork ether. and if so, how is it affected by the forking?

Last edited:
Back