ETH Finally PoS - What will you mine next?

With Ethereum finally shifting to PoS in a few months, what will you mine?

• Ergo

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Swap(XWP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zano

• Conflux(CFX)

• Ravencoin

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I am an ASIC god and will continue to mine gold (Bitcoin)

• What is a mine?

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Not listed

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Ethereum will never actually shift to PoS

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
RavenCoin. When eth payouts were low about a month ago I ran it for a day and managed around the same value output. I'm sure it wouldn't match currently, but it seems stable enough price wise.

Well, it's not switching until "the upcoming months", which is usually a euphemism for a couple years. But I'll cross that bridge when we get there. You've got some contenders there, but we'll have to see what coins become prominent enough to be listed on the major exchanges and what algorithms are supported by the big dogs of mining software.

A few months is an eternity in crypto space... who knows what will float to the top by then, if nothing looks profitable enough to make it worthwhile I'll shut my rigs down again and just fire them up when a decent spec comes along.

Raven is on the next list but holy hell, mining back with the gpu core is brutal for heat and power. Back to the giant box fan to keep temps reasonable it seems if I can manage in West Texas heat.

Raven is on the next list but holy hell, mining back with the gpu core is brutal for heat and power. Back to the giant box fan to keep temps reasonable it seems if I can manage in West Texas heat.
So wait Raven doesn't mine with the memory?

It makes most sense to might whatever is most profitable and then exchange what you have mined for your cryptocurrency of choice. There are various website calculators that help you determine profitability.

Reactions: noko
like this
I've moved over a lot of my stuff to ravencoin for now. Profitability is now about equal to ETH for most cards and tbh I think RVN has a bright future. Bought a bunch of ryzen CPUs as well for Monero mining right before the price jump so I'm hoping that turns out well.

I took a day off ETH and mined 110 RVN just because. It'll most likely be what I do after ETH if it's at least marginally profitable.

Back