Etekcity Digital Multimeter - $11 - Amazon

I bought one of (a yellow and black Etekcity) these last time. It came in useful 3 weeks ago when stuff in a bunch of rooms stopped working. Using the multimeter, I could still identify trace current in functionally dead sockets. That helped figure out the circuit (unmarked in service panel) and the point where function stopped. Once I identified and repalced the bad socket everything came back on. The regular tester with the light bulb would't have been as useful. I had to go to Youtube to learn how to use meter (it was sitting around a few months)

This meter is inaccurate. I thought a customers boat battery was overcharging but the meter was off. If anyone still has it beware that its not reliable.

Have it, works well. Used it to overclock a plasma that was showing signs of age -- magenta fog.

Thanks.

I still use an old Fluke. Must be well over 20 years old. Fluke 77/BN

Did anyone not notice the 2.5 year old thread necro you all are responding to? The person who necroed the thread was right though; I bought one back then and it was reading 1v high on a 1.5v battery. This meter is garbage.

ROFL

Nope.

Back