ESET/Peachtree woes

LoStMaTt

2[H]4U
So apparently Peachtree Quantum 2010 does not play nice with ESET.

Finding this out the hard way this morning.

I have excluded every known file and folder pertaining to Peachtree/Sage software/Pervasive and nothing works.

What happens is when ESET Antivirus is up and running Peachtree ceases to function. As soon as I disable/remove it, Peachtree runs smooth as butter.

I contacted Peachtree support and all they could tell me was what I have already done (folder exlclusions). The tech rep had never heard of ESET Nod32 and that made him even less useful. I asked if I could speak to Tier 2 support and he forwarded me to their system which will take a while to get back to me. (Up to 1 business day).

Here in the office where we use Peachtree with ESET there is no problem, however -- the client that is experiencing issues is running the 2010 version while here in my office we are running the 2008 version.

Ugh.

Network drives excluded from real time file protection..as far as the client end?
Which version of NOD? If there are only 1 or 2 accounting users...stick 2.7 or 3.0 on their workstations.
What is the server OS? And which version of NOD is running on that server?

Newest version of everything.

Running windows XP.

I think I might have figured out the problem.

I had manually added the network drives to the exclusions list but there is another setting I found in the Real Time scanner area (a checkbox) labeled Network Drives.

I unchecked that and Peachtree is behaving much better now. It is still quite slow but now it is at least usable.

I think the next thing i need to test is to add Peachtree to the HTTP/Browser exclusion area. I think Peachtree may use some internal browser functions that I need to tell ESET to ignore.

Crazy stuff.

I had this issue with bitdefender,

Are your client and server exemptions put in? If you don't exempt from both, it won't work

I think I might have figured out the problem.

I had manually added the network drives to the exclusions list but there is another setting I found in the Real Time scanner area (a checkbox) labeled Network Drives.

I unchecked that and Peachtree is behaving much better now.

:D :D :D
Network drives excluded from real time file protection..as far as the client end?

Now this client is experiencing more troubles with ESET =(

http://blogs.mcbsys.com/mark/post/S...ntivirus-30-Business-Edition-on-SBS-2003.aspx

This blog pretty much describes exactly what is happening.

I had a server lockup on the installation of the ESET Remote Administration Server which I thought was very strange.

Also Peachtree performance is still god awful slow.

I am almost about ready to toss ESET out the window and find something else. I still love NOD32 but it doesn't seem to be the right solution for Peachtree customers.

This is after talking to Peachtree and ESET support, with no clear resolution to the problem.

Right now I am going through this blog post and am going to attempt the same things that this guy did and see what that yields.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What version of Eset are you running on the server?
You should not be running version 4 on it....nor version 3.....since XMON is still at 2.7 you need to run 2.7 on the server. Dunno why that guy on the blog spent time talking about issues with an unsupported version on SBS (version 3).

With SBS, whichever antivirus brand you run, MUST have these exclusions in real time file protection
http://www.sbsfaq.com/Lists/FAQs/DispForm.aspx?ID=137

Back