ESET NOD32 Anitvirus 7 - 1 PC $4.99

how does ESET compare to the other competitors ? Don't know too much about them.

Hm, just when I was looking to replace Avast. Well, I just bought it. At 5 bucks I could care less if it ends up being worthless.

Thanks for the heads up.

We have about 300+ systems running it now and could not be happier, its not perfect but sure beats any free one I have used and system resource usage is great.

AWESOME!!!

I was actually just looking for deals on NOD32 and couldn't find anything cheaper than like 30.00 (and it was sold out). Can't beat this deal.

<3 NOD32 (and OP)

edit: how long are the licenses good for? I only need it for 1 (maybe 2) PC's. Can I wait until one runs out to activate another?

Hmmm... license seems to be valid for a year.... Don't tell me I'm gonna have to pay 30 bucks a year for this thing? =_=;

Hate these friggin antivirus subscription type schemes these days. I do kind of wonder if I could stock up on 2 or 3 licenses right now and use em later. Well, 5 bucks for a year trial still isn't too bad, I guess.

Hmmm... license seems to be valid for a year.... Don't tell me I'm gonna have to pay 30 bucks a year for this thing? =_=;

Hate these friggin antivirus subscription type schemes these days. I do kind of wonder if I could stock up on 2 or 3 licenses right now and use em later. Well, 5 bucks for a year trial still isn't too bad, I guess.

Yeah, but the most important thing for AV is good and quick updates to definitions... You can't really expect to not have to pay a subscription for that.

How much better is this than windows security essentials?

NOD32 consistently gets top scores. Last report I read, MSE was trailing pretty hard... even compared to 'meh' AV suites.

This is a super hot deal IMO. ESET is one of the best AV's around. Secure, lightweight, powerful and fast.

Yeah, but the most important thing for AV is good and quick updates to definitions... You can't really expect to not have to pay a subscription for that.

Pretty much this. Or you're dealing with Ad's (or crappy protection)

NOD32 and Malwarebytes the best friends your PC can have right after surge protection.

For $5, I'll run it for a year and go back to MSE if nothing else pops up around then. Thanks OP.

I have never used an AV in all my years of PC use and I've never had an issue that I'm aware of. I even disabled MSE in W7/W8.

Main reason was resource usage and slower boot/load times.

Is this AV invasive/intensive? Unless it's using <1% of my CPU and a few MBs of RAM its not worth it to me.

For those that have purchased does Newegg provide user/password combo or registration key?

I have never used an AV in all my years of PC use and I've never had an issue that I'm aware of. I even disabled MSE in W7/W8.

Main reason was resource usage and slower boot/load times.

Is this AV invasive/intensive? Unless it's using <1% of my CPU and a few MBs of RAM its not worth it to me.

Just a quick check showed that the process is using no CPU (at idle) and around 6,750K of memory. I'm sure that depends on if it's scanning, updating, etc though. With that said, if you're using a modern system with 16GB of ram (and an SSD for that matter) you really shouldn't notice ANY performance hit what-so-ever.

The only way I'd ever run a machine naked without any sort of AV is if it were completely offline or a read only Virtual Machine. Way too many drive-by attacks in the wild. You don't have to be doing anything shady to get infected these days. It's really not worth the risk

For those that have purchased does Newegg provide user/password combo or registration key?

It gives you keys for each license (that you register to an email/name/address/etc when you install it)

So I'm hoping to have 3 years worth of AV protection :)

It gives you keys for each license (that you register to an email/name/address/etc when you install it)

So I'm hoping to have 3 years worth of AV protection :)

let me know if that works, in my experience I haven't been able to get Eset keys to stack like Bitdefender

I used NOD32 for a long time before jumping to Microsoft Security Essentials, and that was only because MSSE was free and appeared to be just as good (and lightweight) as NOD32. I may give NOD32 a shot again at this price, just because.

ESET is definitely one of the best. I still prefer BitDefender but both run circles around Microsoft Security Essentials. Honestly MSE is one of the worst.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/avc_fdt_201309_en.pdf

Hmm, ESET ranked on the lower end on the linked pdf for true positive detection of malware although certainly in a different category from the bottom 3. I would like to see more testing from a different source..

Code:
1. AVIRA, G DATA, F - Secure 99.7%
2. McAfee, Panda 99.6% 
3. Kaspersky, Bitdefender, 99.5%
Emsisoft
4. BullGuard, eScan 99.4%
5. Fortinet, Vipre 99.0%
6. AVG 98.3%
7. Sophos, Trend Micro 98.2%
8. ESET 97.1%
9. Avast 96.5%
10. AhnLab 90.6%
11. Microsoft 90.1%
12. Symantec 89.7%

Last edited:
So this is for a 1-year license.

Like another poster mentioned can I buy 2 licenses now for $10 or will I need to buy a new license through ESET in a year? Current license price is $39.99/year for this software.

Xa0V9nv.jpg

let me know if that works, in my experience I haven't been able to get Eset keys to stack like Bitdefender

You don't stack them, you use 1 key for the first year, and then use the next key, and so on.
Each time you register it, you'll get a new username and password. Don't register them all at one time, or else you will end up with 3 licenses that expire in a year.
I buy the family pack which is 5 licenses for any version of eset, $35/year, but this deal is $10 cheaper for 5 licenses, but I believe the license is only for nod32 and not any of the other products like the family pack allows,
http://www.amazon.com/ESET-Family-S...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385486728&sr=8-1&keywords=Eset

http://www.eset.com/us/home/products/family-security-pack/

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Do the keys expire?

They shouldn't, I have some nod32 v4 keys that I've used last year and they activated fine and you have access to the current version of nod32 and any newer version while your license is valid.

Back