ES chip or not?

This is just what it seem like to me, but I think that it is an "Engineering Sample" but from later in the production than the "Intel Confidential" ES chips that we are used to.

Instead this is just a very last pre-production chip, fully configured for retail, thus it is idential to the production SL7J9. http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/details.asp?sSpec=SL7J9

The Multiplier unlocked ES chips that are so valuable are different, this is more of a retail sample than a test chip. But it is still a Intel Internal Use chip.

==>Lazn

Let's clear this up, shall we?

Regardless of whether or not an Intel "ES" chip can change multipliers or not; if the CPU says Intel Confidential, Engineering Sample, or Internal Use Only, it IS an ES CPU. I have experience with these kinds of processors; a number of members here can vouch for me.

So if someone says that the chip he sold you was ES, and you were under the impression that ES means you can change the multiplier and it doesn't, it doesn't matter; the chip that person sold you is still an ES chip.

I've seen ES CPUs not get recognized as ES, and I've also seen some with etching like the one in your pic. So yes, they do exist.

When he was trying to sell it he was mentioning that It was good for overclocking. Then everyone else started to post about the multipliers. This is my first encounter with a non changable multiplier ES chip

I agree that was "poor advertising". You cannot sell a chip as an overclocking gem unless you have tested it yourself. And yes, as you now know, there are ES chips that do not unlock multipliers.

osirus35 said:
When he was trying to sell it he was mentioning that It was good for overclocking. Then everyone else started to post about the multipliers. This is my first encounter with a non changable multiplier ES chip

Here is what was stated, in my post i did say ES=unlocked multiplyers, and i admit that info is deemed false, but also before we completed the transaction i did make a list of terms to abide by, though i cant find the exact list i still recall them.

1. no refunds unless DOA
2. no gurentee on overclocking
3. i will verify if its DOA if its to be shipped back

here is a exact email that was sent to him prior to the transaction

"Hi, im just emailing you to know that the paypal went through and i
will be shipping the cpu shortly. Here are my policys once again
i will take the cpu back if its DOA, but i will test it when it
arrives and if it works it will be shipped back and no refund issued.

I do not accept returns if it is in working condition. Good luck with
the overclocking though ^_~"

dated 12/13/04
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:55:46 -0800
Subject: Confirmation

im still willing to do what i stated to you in the last pm i sent. (not the return part)

lmao.. we talked on aim because i filled out those forms to get you the free ipod and other stuff

osirus35 said:
lmao.. we talked on aim because i filled out those forms to get you the free ipod and other stuff

yes, except i formatted my comp a while ago so no aim logs, but would you like me to foward that email to you? you didnt respond but i emailed it to you before

Why waste the money and effort obtaining an ES chip nowadays??

I mean yeah ES chips were great back in the celeron 300a and Pentium 2 days, I mean you get a shady warrenty if any, and who knows how reliable the cpu is or what stepping it compares to etc..

Kids, ES chips are not a big deal anymore.

for one andy.. i did not give you my osirus35 address. i did not even mention it. I did however mentioned my rboyer13 on which we emailed eachother back and foward. It also didnt state "no gurentee on overclocking".

I dont know why we are even talking about this anymore. You cant replace it and I dont want a refund so there isnt much both of us can do

osirus35 said:
for one andy.. i did not give you my osirus35 address. i did not even mention it. I did however mentioned my rboyer13 on which we emailed eachother back and foward. It also didnt state "no gurentee on overclocking".

I dont know why we are even talking about this anymore. You cant replace it and I dont want a refund so there isnt much both of us can do

well i was still able to obtain that email some how then, are you now saying i never even mentioned on gurentee on overclocking? i stated the same terms to everyone that was interesting in buying the chip, you were not a exception. And to let you know i have no emails in my gmail inbox from rboyer13 except for the one you sent me recently, i never delete my emails so i have a perfect record. So im not sure about what you mean by emailed beach other back and forth, and in the previous posts you were saying we didnt email, even you said we chatted on aim. And big worm though it may not matter if its a ES or not, we still have to take into consideration the transaction that took place, cuase right on the chip it said es, and right now hes saying i never stated the part about "no returns unless DOA." It was no way advertised as a overclocking "gem chip" *sigh* if you say theres nothing we can do anymore, then i guess this is the end of the discussion.

if we never emailed eachother from rboyer13 how come i have 5 emails from jan 14-15 all from your email address

osirus35 said:
if we never emailed eachother from rboyer13 how come i have 5 emails from jan 14-15 all from your email address

did you not read correctly? i also said this

" have no emails in my gmail inbox from rboyer13 except for the one you sent me recently,"

um... another thing to consider: All e-mails in g-mail are read as "conversations" so you SHOULD only have one "e-mail" under that name... the rest would be archived beneath it.

Back