Error when I close any application!

stryder2720

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok I get this error whenever I close any application. Here's an example:
untitled.bmp

They are not all XPCOM errors. Like when I load EQ2 it updates and when the update window closes I get a error, then when I log in the log in window closes and a error pops up. Same thing happens EVERY fricken time I close an application.. :mad: :confused:
Gah this is so annoying. Anybody have any idea what it could be? Someone told me it was Firefox causing the problems but I call BS on that.
Anywho any help at all would be appreciated...ALOT!!

Edit: Its always says "The instructions at*this always changes* referenced memory at *0x00000000* (that number is always the same) The Memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program.

Bump for help...
Yes I have also reinstalled my OS and same old error pops up :mad:

First, check out my signature and install those programs, update them, and scan with them.

Second, Windows XP I presume? Do you have all of the windows updates? Service pack 1 or 2? Make sure you have all the latest stuff from Windows Update.

After those, let us know ;).

Sounds like bad memory. Test the RAM with Memtest86 for several hours/overnight (better to run overnight).

0 errors is the only acceptable answer.

Thanks for the replys.
I have SP2 installed and I just updated windows lastnight with a SP2 security patch. Also I run both Adaware and Spybot everyday before I shutdown my PC so I know its not spyware and I know its not a virus of anykind. I'll try to run memtest and see how it goes.

:edit: awww crap I guess I need to buy a floppy drive.

stryder2720 said:
Thanks for the replys.
I have SP2 installed and I just updated windows lastnight with a SP2 security patch. Also I run both Adaware and Spybot everyday before I shutdown my PC so I know its not spyware and I know its not a virus of anykind. I'll try to run memtest and see how it goes.

:edit: awww crap I guess I need to buy a floppy drive.
There is a bootable ISO file you can burn to CD.

Back