Error Code help please

fightingfi

2[H]4U
Installed the latest updates yesterday and had this come up on me Error code: (0x8007000d) Ive never had an error code before on my pc not sure how to fix it and dont want to lose any info on my pc either can you help me please! Tankies in Advance :D

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-updates/566d2b39-97ee-4791-9406-63b3ec23411d

Error 0x8007000d installing windows updates​

2020-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4592438)

It fails every single time. I've gone through several potential fixes with no luck. Error code: (0x8007000d)

Original Title : Latest Windows Cumulative Update Errors

|

Replies (34) 

1 2 3 4 Next

ZA

Zaki_JM

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues installing Windows updates on your PC. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

• Are you able to install other windows updates or do you have issues only with installing KB4592438?
  • What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Windows Update Troubleshooter
I suggest you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and check if you are able to install Widows updates.

Method 2: Clean boot
Try booting your PC in clean boot and attempt to install Windows updates. Refer to the article on How to perform a clean boot in Windows
Note: Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some programs in clean boot.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 3: If the update has failed to installed, you may download and install the update manually by accessing the Microsoft Update Catalog and typing in the KB article number of the failed update.

Method 4: Reset Windows update components in Windows
I suggest you Reset Windows update components in Windows and check if you are able to install Widows updates.

Method 5: Fix Windows Update errors
I suggest you refer and follow the suggestion on how to Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: Before performing chkdsk, please backup the Data. While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.
Note: Please ignore the suggestions for “Perform a clean installation of Windows 10” from the above article.

Hope it helps.
Regards,
Zaki

open power shell with admin, type net stop wuausrv hit enter. go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ and delete everything in it. reboot and try again.

Yeah, big pain in the ass for me with that update. I tried a variety of the methods listed, but finally just opted to do a Windows Update via the Media Tool (basically a reinstall).

Still, it was nice to get rid of all that clutter from my OS drive and now I've got a new Windows layout to adjust to.

Yeah, big pain in the ass for me with that update. I tried a variety of the methods listed, but finally just opted to do a Windows Update via the Media Tool (basically a reinstall).

Still, it was nice to get rid of all that clutter from my OS drive and now I've got a new Windows layout to adjust to.
can you PM about how you did this please

After a failed Windows update I tried many fixes but this is the only one that worked for me.
Download the tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Run it. Select the keep files and apps option.

Yar, what I did. The 'keep files and apps' option was greyed out for me. Not sure if it was my doing or what. Not a huge deal for me (I keep most of my files on a separate drive), and I was pretty impressed how easy it is to sync everything up using my Google and Microsoft accounts.

check ur pm Sir
whyd you like it and we've been through this before.
1621096435360.png

Back