Error: Access violation ... (tried to write to 0x0000000), program terminated

x509

2[H]4U
So I downloaded a trial version of a utility that "ingests" photographs and renames them according to a user-selected scheme, like the filename starts with YYYYMMDD, for example.

When I tried to start the program, I got this errror message. The message also had an address for the access violation, plus the phrase "Last CP is 'LP5." So I did a google search and basically found nothing except some paid ads. The usual scamware, where you download a "free" program that costs you $40-$50 to actually fix the problem. These programs seemed to be like registry cleaners, and other cleanup utilities.

So I'm wondering if this is something I can fix myself. Any suggestions.

If it matters, the utility is called "Breeze Systems Downloader Pro."

Thanks.

If you wanted to rename a batch of images, I highly recommend Irfanview:
http://www.irfanview.com/

Under File -> Batch conversion/Rename...

You'll see this option: Batch rename, and this box will popup.
cj4GQi2.png

Thanks for the suggestion for Irfanview, but it doesn't have the file renaming options that I'm interested in. Photo Mechanic has most of those options, and but it's very overpriced.

Thanks. Based on a quick look, this program looks quite promising.

But I'm still wondering why no one has been able to suggest a way to address the access violation issue. I know someone who runs this program (Downloader Pro) on a Win 7 64 bit system, no issues at all.

Don't know. Only Data Execution Prevention comes to mind. Try playing with that setting and Admin rights for the program. But make sure it's not malicious.

Don't know. Only Data Execution Prevention comes to mind. Try playing with that setting and Admin rights for the program. But make sure it's not malicious.

Bingo! I added a Data Exception Prevention exception and now the program runs fine. This program has been around for a long time. In the niche world of serious/pro digital photography, this guy is a respected vendor.

Glad you got it working.

Sure. The weird thing is that I didn't find this solution using a google search. And all those vendors,with their scamware, probably did not have products that would have fixed this issue.

It just goes to show you how valuable [H] is for all of us.

Back