Ergonomically speaking, what's a good modern replacement for...

jimthebob

Gawd
My aging Logitech G5? I bought a Corsair mouse a while back with a more "modern", somewhat modular looking design and while nice looking, it's not the most comfortable for long mining, err I mean gaming, sessions. I want a newer mouse but I don't really like the direction a lot of current "gaming" mice are going. Any suggestions?

My aging Logitech G5? I bought a Corsair mouse a while back with a more "modern", somewhat modular looking design and while nice looking, it's not the most comfortable for long mining, err I mean gaming, sessions. I want a newer mouse but I don't really like the direction a lot of current "gaming" mice are going. Any suggestions?

i'm in the same boat as you.. i'm not a huge fan of these "newer" gaming mice.. the one i've been looking at is potentially the evga torq X5 (optical) or X5L (laser) which evga has on sale but it's not really a discount since they force charge 7.50 for shipping making it about the same price as on newegg. but all i've read is that everyone hates the scroll wheel which is a bit disappointing since the mouse is exactly what i'm looking for..

but another one that might be worth it if you have big hands is the mionix avior 8200 or 7000.. been reading a lot of good things about mionix(never heard of them at all until i started looking for a new mouse last week).

Last edited:
I had a few G5 mice for a lot of years. After trying a number of new mice I went with a Steelseries Rival 300. It's working well for me, but I'd give the Logitech G403 a try too. It's a step back to a more straight forward mouse design by logitech. As a bonus, I believe it uses the excellent 3360/3366 sensor.

If you're best on the G5, why not just get another G5? Good input devices are still good even if they're older--case in point is the Model M and the Logitech Trackman--people still swear by these, and I'm one of them. :D

I might be late to the party here since you posted in August, but if you are looking for really good ergonomics, I feel there are aren't many great choices. The only one I am very familiar with is the one my work provided, the Evoluent Vertical Mouse. Definitely not a conventional mouse, but a great options from a strictly ergonomic standpoint.

https://www.amazon.com/Evoluent-Vertical-Mouse-Regular-VM4R/dp/B00QJEN4ZE

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back