EqualLogic: replacing disk with off-the-shelf disks?

I have attempted to contact the seller MANY times... totally ignored my questions, no response. I have contacted him/them for other things and they response quickly. In fact, I have bought other things from the seller and they have actually bought things from me.

I suspect they have dissected the EqualLogic firmware (embedded Linux) and removed whatever soft limitations Dell put into the firmware. People have reported doing the same thing, and they find the reference to the limitation, but it requires an SSL cert to decrypt the code so it can be modified. Lookie but no touchie.

Even as such, as big of a fan as I am for the EqualLogic products, I continue use them. I recently bought a PS6610E with (42) 6TB drives. My intention was to replace my (3) PS6000E's with 2TB drives with one array. I quickly found that the PS6610E very much disables anything but a Dell Enterprise drive... and not just that, but a very specific "Config Code 1341" drive. I have purchased several Dell Enterprise 6TB drives that have the same OEM Seagate model number, that the PS6610E refused to spin up. This pushes me, a previously dedicate EqualLogic fan, over the edge. It will be going up for sale directly and I will be buying Synology. I have a Synology array I got cheap and I have been continually impressed by the OS, features and resiliency. I'm leaning towards the RS4021xs+, but it seems way overpriced for what it is. I'll likely end up getting the RS2818RP+. My biggest concern about the Synology is lack of swappable, redundant, controllers.

I have a bunch of Equallogic firmware's that I can share with you. They aren't too new. Maybe a couple years old. But still. I don't give a crap, equalogic is EOL, they should be releasing this stuff for free now. Let me know.

I have a bunch of Equallogic firmware's that I can share with you. They aren't too new. Maybe a couple years old. But still. I don't give a crap, equalogic is EOL, they should be releasing this stuff for free now. Let me know.
Thanks for the offer. I'm covered on that front. I still have a Dell support account with access to firmware.

Hello guys,

I found this thread cause i own a EQL PS6110XV

I'm looking for a place where i can download all the firmware from 6.0.9 to the actual 10.x (Dell says i hav to follow this path : 6.0.9 -> 7.1.14 -> 8.1.13 -> 9.1.6 -> 10.0.1, and the 7.1.14 is located under "lecagy firmware"
I tried with the eql website, but they respond that i cannot log in without a paid support.
When i asked them the price, they said that there is no more support for my product ...

jordanl17 : you said that you can share some EQL FW, so, can you send me some links plz ! you'll save my days :)

Dameon : The Dell support said that i can acces to all the FW with an account, no need to be a specific account for my ps6110. Could you help me by download all the firmware and share them ?

You two are my lasts chances to acces these files ...

Last edited:
Hello guys,

I found this thread cause i own a EQL PS6110XV

I'm looking for a place where i can download all the firmware from 6.0.9 to the actual 10.x (Dell says i hav to follow this path : 6.0.9 -> 7.1.14 -> 8.1.13 -> 9.1.6 -> 10.0.1, and the 7.1.14 is located under "lecagy firmware"
I tried with the eql website, but they respond that i cannot log in without a paid support.
When i asked them the price, they said that there is no more support for my product ...

jordanl17 : you said that you can share some EQL FW, so, can you send me some links plz ! you'll save my days :)

Dameon : The Dell support said that i can acces to all the FW with an account, no need to be a specific account for my ps6110. Could you help me by download all the firmware and share them ?

You two are my lasts chances to acces these files ...
the set of files I have has up to 10.0.2 (every thing is a few years old at this point, but it helped me out) I want to find a way to get the link to you privately.

link posted to your 'profile' on here. never tried that.

let me know when transfer is finished. I will delete
Hi,
Does this firmware apply to the PS6510 as well? If it does apply, is there a possibility that I may also get a copy, please?

Hello Kevinm,
Nothing tells me if this pack is PS6510 compliant, but i can send it to you if you want to make a try.

Let me know

Back