EQII [H]ard Guild ???

Blakestr

[H]ard|Gawd
Was just wondering? I'm set to start playing the game next monday and I have no ties to any servers? Which do you play on? I made a few newbs on one of the roleplayer servers but if I find there's a [H]ard community on one of the servers then I'll just go to that.

I played EQ 1, UO, and am winding down in COH right now.

I do and I know others do too, but you're rigth no one really talks about it here... :(

Anyway, Im on Everfrost in Saxon Campaign, I think a lot of peeps from here are on Antonia Bayle, I dont know why I think that it sticks out in my mind as being mentiined

Caelum Atra said:
I do and I know others do too, but you're rigth no one really talks about it here... :(
They don't talk about it because they're embarrassed. Should be playing WoW.

j/k EQ2 is pretty good from what I've seen, but just not like WoW to me.

I play EQ2.

Character name is Saloma Teale, level 49 Wizard on Antonia Bayle.

Honestly... I'm not at all interested in joining a [H]ard guild. The guild i'm in already is amazing. Maybe if people had taken an interest in making a guild about... oh... 4 months ago, I would have been interested.

There are just ALOT more WoW players here than EQ2 players. That's why it doesnt come up much other than the "Should I pick WoW or EQ2" type of threads. I even started a thread about EQ2 characters a good month or so back, and it got buried fast with disinterest. I'll most likely resurrect it again some time this week when I cap out at 50... post some pictures, and talk some on my character and what I've done with her.

I honestly dont much enjoy talking about EQ2 here anyway. Anything constructive said about the game is literally poo'd upon by people that dont play it. I've talked about it before, and the only thing that happens to the thread is a huge uproar over "My game is better than your game." It just doesnt work for me, and to get all heated up to a point where flaming someone for their interests in EQ2 takes place... I just dont understand the point. Its a game...not a way of life.

I'll most likely get flamed even for this post because I like to speak my mind, but I think everyone gets way too worked up over this comparison between WoW and EQ2.

Saloma Teale said:
I'll most likely get flamed even for this post because I like to speak my mind, but I think everyone gets way too worked up over this comparison between WoW and EQ2.

GOD your sooo dumb1!!!11 What makes you think you can get off by playing a more indepth, more history/storied game instead of playing Wow??!!?

I played EQ1 for 5 years, LOVE IT. Played WoW for a month, got bored in less than a month.

*raises glass*
Here's to everyone that enjoys a great, complicated game, and takes a lot of shit from people who cant handle it.

Jinx_player said:
GOD your sooo dumb1!!!11 What makes you think you can get off by playing a more indepth, more history/storied game instead of playing Wow??!!?

I played EQ1 for 5 years, LOVE IT. Played WoW for a month, got bored in less than a month.

*raises glass*
Here's to everyone that enjoys a great, complicated game, and takes a lot of shit from people who cant handle it.

No, not more complicated...Just means you waste more of your pathetic time playing it.

Really, WoW is ten fold better for the simple fact that you dont have to waste 6-12 hours a day to actually get rewards from it...

/spit

DannyGT:

Do you actually PLAY EQ2? Have you tried it? Have you levelled a character past lvl 30? Have you finished any of the Heritage Quests? Joined a Guild? Taken part in an Epic Raid?

If you actually PLAY EQ2 you'd know you DONT have to be on 6-12 hours a day to accomplish something. Everyone and their mother says this, and they couldnt be more wrong. I logged in last night for 45 minutes. You know what I accomplished? I managed to collect ALL of the gather updates for my Dragon Language. The night before I logged in for an hour and participated in 2 guild raids in Epic Zones.

And complicated... YES. The game has ties and lore to the happenings that went on in EQ1, not just EQ2. There is SO much reading in the game that at times you get overwhelmed in information. Not only do you get to quest, kill, and play with your friends, but I've taken the time to read LOTS of the stories involved. Very interesting stuff.

Unless you have PLAYED the game to any respectable level, you have no need to make unjustified comments and flames.

/hands napkin to clean the /spit from his chin

DannyGT said:
No, not more complicated...Just means you waste more of your pathetic time playing it.

Really, WoW is ten fold better for the simple fact that you dont have to waste 6-12 hours a day to actually get rewards from it...

/spit
Mature, real mature idiot. I play WoW and EQ2 and EQ1 and in my opinion EQ1 is better than both games but make no mistake your "WoW is ten fold better for the simple fact that you dont have to waste 6-12 hours a day to actually get rewards from it" is a bunch of crap.

I play it, on Antonia Bayle aswell.

Still working my way up with my Berserker character, currently lv 25.

I'm still keeping my options open for a guild, I haven't quite saw one that i'd like to join yet.

I don't want to be in a raid guild that just constantly raids things to get loot and rewards, i'd like to kick it back and just relax and play the game. Do some raids sometimes, just hang out/quest and other things guilds used to do in these types of games. Too many people in EQ want to just farm for exp at a camp or raid raid raid, I don't enjoy doing that over and over.

Ide get EQ2 if not for my POS Computer.

I dont really want to get WoW, seems to limiting for my tastes.

Stiler said:
I play it, on Antonia Bayle aswell.

Still working my way up with my Berserker character, currently lv 25.

I'm still keeping my options open for a guild, I haven't quite saw one that i'd like to join yet.

I don't want to be in a raid guild that just constantly raids things to get loot and rewards, i'd like to kick it back and just relax and play the game. Do some raids sometimes, just hang out/quest and other things guilds used to do in these types of games. Too many people in EQ want to just farm for exp at a camp or raid raid raid, I don't enjoy doing that over and over.

Heh. When you get to my level you'll want to raid. It's intense.

My guild, Fatum Extremus, labels itself as a raid guild, but dont let that name phaze you. We do LOTS of questing all the time. Every night we have 4-5 groups going on trying to finish something. At this point, we have people working on Screaming Mace, Golden Efreeti Boots, Dragon Language, Sanctum of Fear Access, Flowing Black Silk Sash, Enchanted Bone Bladed Claymore... the list goes on. We have alot on our plate given the ammount of members we have... 68 Total as of last night. Most of the members are level 40+, but we do have around 10-15 that are around level 30.

And really... a guild will help you out immensely. Not only with ease of finding groups, but with monitary help, be it coin or items to advance yourself. I've been in 3 guilds since joining the game. My advice would be to find a guild from people you've grouped with, and give them a try as a "Recruit". This will give you an idea of what you can expect from the guild, and if you dont like it, then you can always leave. But I would definitely give it a go as it will help you out.

If you need help finding a good guild of nice people, give me a /tell ingame. I know of a few that are open to recruiting right now that have a crew of great people.

My level 26 Bruiser / 26 Alchemist is on the Highkeep server. I use a pretty balanced play style in EQ2: general quests, crafting, selling/buying, long term heritage quests, helping guild mates, helping new guys, harvesting and exploring. I used to be in a decent guild, but they decided to start recruiting anyone, and the numbers swelled to near 300, so I left and join a guild of only 14, which is very friendly and fun again.

Hate_Bot said:
Ide get EQ2 if not for my POS Computer.

I dont really want to get WoW, seems to limiting for my tastes.

Is another stick of 512 memory and maybe a GF4 or FX card upgrade a possibility? There are 60+ video settings in the game, so it can be tailored quite a bit.

Actually, I played EQ1 for 1.5 years...got a bit bored of it. Blizzard has always had better LORE than Sony's crap anyway. So to me WoW is much more fun, and just because EQ2 is more "complicated" doesnt mean your smarter than me, ROFL. So stop using that as an excuse to make it sound like you are intellectually brighter than all other MMO players...

Yes, blah blah blah, I am a hardcore blizzard fan and have every single one of there games...BUT I enjoy many other games...I just prefer quality over quantity...and EQ2 with its plastic doll looking graphics doesnt impress me...I always liked EQ's lighting effects better tho...other than that....I enjoy WoW and thats that.

DannyGT said:
Actually, I played EQ1 for 1.5 years...got a bit bored of it. Blizzard has always had better LORE than Sony's crap anyway. So to me WoW is much more fun, and just because EQ2 is more "complicated" doesnt mean your smarter than me, ROFL. So stop using that as an excuse to make it sound like you are intellectually brighter than all other MMO players...

Yes, blah blah blah, I am a hardcore blizzard fan and have every single one of there games...BUT I enjoy many other games...I just prefer quality over quantity...and EQ2 with its plastic doll looking graphics doesnt impress me...I always liked EQ's lighting effects better tho...other than that....I enjoy WoW and thats that.

Ah.................no, he makes it too easy, it's not worth the time.

Badger_sly said:
My level 26 Bruiser / 26 Alchemist is on the Highkeep server. I use a pretty balanced play style in EQ2: general quests, crafting, selling/buying, long term heritage quests, helping guild mates, helping new guys, harvesting and exploring. I used to be in a decent guild, but they decided to start recruiting anyone, and the numbers swelled to near 300, so I left and join a guild of only 14, which is very friendly and fun again.

Is another stick of 512 memory and maybe a GF4 or FX card upgrade a possibility? There are 60+ video settings in the game, so it can be tailored quite a bit.

im gettin a 9700 pro in a while, maybe another stick of ram, I just need to find out what mine is rated for (pc3200,2400 etc)

To get back on topic, and away from the trolls, I play on the oasis server. I think every server is different in some ways, as I have alts on antonia, crushbone, and guk and the feeling of the game is actually different on each to an extent. I like oasis because it is really less crowded than the others imho, but antonia is the big time guild server with lots of big guild raids happening all the time. My suggestion would be to put a toon on a few servers and see which one you like the best. I am in a 20 person guild so we are pretty tight. We are just now getting to the points of raiding things like DFC and such, so we usually have to meet up with another small guild and raid together.
I really like the game but agree 100% with Saloma as there is not much worth discussing eq2 here. Head out to the eq2 server boards and start there, as you will get mostly negative comments form this board...

35ranger of Oasis

Yeah I checked out the boards but I can't post until the game shows up at my house :). I was reading them for a month or so while I waited to finish school, (No way I'm starting this type of game in middle of finals and whatnot).

I noticed most of the class boards have incredible amounts of complaining because of nerfs and classes. Apparantly nearly every class is screwed over and the game is unbalanced because every class sucks and every other class is better. Hmmm :rolleyes:

Basically this is just passing the time for me until I get the game :)

Who the hell cares what ppl play? As long as you have fun, right?

So EQ2 ppl thinks WoW is boring, limited, etc. I'm a WoW player and the reason why I bought WoW is because I'm so familiar with the entire warcraft series -- i played warcraft 1 and have been a blizzard fan ever since.

Just because a game is more "complicated" doesn't mean it is more FUN. I'd pick Serious Sam over Doom3 or HL2 *anyday*, and yes I have played all 3 -- well I gave up on Doom 3 about 2 hours into it because of the unimaginative level designer's facination with the color "brown" and the color "grey", not to mention "tunnels".

I was actually a major doubter when bliz decided to get into the MMORPG genere -- I thought that their lack of expertise will make their game suck -- comparing to Sony -- who has had almost 3 years of MMORPG experience before releasing eq2. At any rate I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm sure EQ2 is just as capable, but since I have absolutely ZERO knowledge/interest in EQ lore, the decision is clear.

to each his own I guess,

cheers,

yass

Yeah... the official forums are a bit disappointing. One thing that I'd urge you to do is not take what they say there as bible. You'll find that there ARE certain classes in the game that need improvement, namely the Enchanter classes (Coercer and Illusionist) and the Summoner classes (Necromancer and Conjuror). Both these classes, at this time are a bit underpowered in terms of their DPS. Enchanters especially get kicked in the nuts here. Enchanters are also have issue with raids since their primary mezzes and attacks are initiated with stuns... Stuns are not available in EPIC encounters. Althought, what is said is that their group buffs more than make up for their damage despairity. I dunno if i believe this...

Summoners are getting the shaft a bit on damage right now. Apparently pet damage is fairly low, considering what it should be.

You'll hear Wizards complain about the DPS issues between Wizards and Warlocks, stating that there is a HUGE problem. Well... I'm a lvl 49 Wizard. I dont find my class broken. I think what the issue is is that during the upgrade to Wizards and Warlocks, Warlocks ended up getting a bit more damage in the end. This I can deal with because it is a great boon to have a big damage dealer in a group like a Warlock. Wizards have alternate abilities that can be used, such as targetable Power healing abilities and evacuation (depart). And the damage difference is not quite as big as most make it out to be. The only issue I have right now with my Wizard is that ALOT of the Epic raid mobs are resistant to Fire and Ice damage. The problem lies in the fact that Wizards ONLY get fire and ice based damage. Kind of kills us in quite a few big raids, so we fall back into a roll of power batteries.

Aside from that, there really has not been anything gamebreaking introduced that would completely kill a class. There are changes on the horizon to tone down the damage of tanks as well, but again, I think that that is not a huge issue. Tanks are there to take damage for the group. I hear though that not all tanks will be affected the same. Guardians will be hit with a bigger damage reduction being that they have the highest and best defense. Shadowknights and Paladins will be a middle range where damage will be lessened, but their defenses will be the same... not a huge hit to them though. Berserkers are going to have lessened defense but best offense of the tanking (Heavy Armor) classes. That leaves Monks and Bruisers, but as of yet I have not kept track of them.

For sure though, when you finally get to playing, make yourself a few characters, and then play them out to their first class choice, be it Fighter, Scout, Mage, or Priest. Just decide what you want to do more... be a damage dealer, be a tank, or be a healer. That's how I ended up on Wizard. I just didnt quite like the idea of healing, and I wanted to be the highest damage dealer... so that meant a Mage or Scout of some kind.

But anyway... just take the boards with a grain of salt. You'll find that there IS a little information there, but generally there is a ton of BS that you have to wade through to get to it.

Yassarian said:
Who the hell cares what ppl play? As long as you have fun, right?

So EQ2 ppl thinks WoW is boring, limited, etc. I'm a WoW player and the reason why I bought WoW is because I'm so familiar with the entire warcraft series -- i played warcraft 1 and have been a blizzard fan ever since.

Just because a game is more "complicated" doesn't mean it is more FUN. I'd pick Serious Sam over Doom3 or HL2 *anyday*, and yes I have played all 3 -- well I gave up on Doom 3 about 2 hours into it because of the unimaginative level designer's facination with the color "brown" and the color "grey", not to mention "tunnels".

I was actually a major doubter when bliz decided to get into the MMORPG genere -- I thought that their lack of expertise will make their game suck -- comparing to Sony -- who has had almost 3 years of MMORPG experience before releasing eq2. At any rate I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm sure EQ2 is just as capable, but since I have absolutely ZERO knowledge/interest in EQ lore, the decision is clear.

to each his own I guess,

cheers,

yass

Nice post Yass. Thank you.

Back