EQD Clarity monitors

I just bought over the weekend an Auria EQ-276W which is apparently an EQD product. Anyway, I went to their website today and noticed they have a Clarity line of monitors ranging from 22" at 2560x1440 and 24" at 2880x1620 all the way up to 27" at 2880x1620. A quick Google of some model numbers results only in EQD's own PDFs. There's no real information on them, just the handful of specs that are essentially the same as their current IPS monitors minus FRD. I haven't seen anything on them here but, has anyone heard anything on these? The only useful information I got is that they're 'coming Q1 2013' for some and Q3 2013 for the others.

http://eqdcorp.com/clarity-monitors

http://eqdcorp.com/monitor-comparison

I'd love to see how those 2880x1620 monitors spec out, especially the 24" model. And, I might as well ask it here as well, any word from other manufacturers on using panels like these?

Looks pretty nice on paper.

Did you notice that according to the monitor comparison sheet, 5/6 aren't even IPS... :confused:

Yeah, that's confusing. I hope they're not TN with horrible viewing angles and color shifting. Like I say, I'm curious about them if only because it (hopefully) means other monitors at those resolutions and sizes are coming soon as well.

Did you notice that according to the monitor comparison sheet, 5/6 aren't even IPS... :confused:

How exactly did you gather that info from the sheet? A 1000:1 contrast ratio is pretty much a sign of IPS.

Nice and potential droolworthy, now we have an idea of what's to come...

22" at 2560x1440
24" at 2880x1620
27" at 2880x1620.

Eyeballing the 27" IPS here. I wonder how accurate that comparison chart is in regards to panel type. I also wonder if any of the non-IPS models are the new generation A-MVA panels everyone's been waiting to materialize. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Last edited:
Nice and potential droolworthy, now we have an idea of what's to come...

22" at 2560x1440
24" at 2880x1620
27" at 2880x1620.

Eyeballing the 27" IPS here. I wonder how accurate that comparison chart is in regards to panel type. I also wonder if any of the non-IPS models are the new generation A-MVA panels everyone's been waiting to materialize. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the heads up OP.
Same here. That 27" at 2880 x 1620 could be a game changer. Look at that pixel pitch! :-o

Same here. That 27" at 2880 x 1620 could be a game changer. Look at that pixel pitch! :-o

It looks fairly bogus, the pixel pitch they are reporting are from lower resolutions screens.

On the 27" 2880x1620 they report .233mm, that is the pitch for a standard 2560x1440 monitor.

On the 22" 2860x1620 they report .248mm, that is the pitch for a standard 1920x1080 22".

It looks like someone took a spec sheet from standard monitors and changed one spec, the resolution, without even bother to adjust the others to line up.

It looks fairly bogus, the pixel pitch they are reporting are from lower resolutions screens.

On the 27" 2880x1620 they report .233mm, that is the pitch for a standard 2560x1440 monitor.

On the 22" 2860x1620 they report .248mm, that is the pitch for a standard 1920x1080 22".

It looks like someone took a spec sheet from standard monitors and changed one spec, the resolution, without even bother to adjust the others to line up.
And that's the one spec i didn't notice nor pay attention to.

Things seem a little more "up in the air" now as far as i'm concerned.

Still intrigued though, and still hoping for a legit upgrade path :)

The 27" should be .2075mm

The 24" .1845mm :eek:

Incidentally, that 24" at the quoted resolution would have the exact pitch as my XPS16, my current favorite monitor. That's exactly the kind of pixel density I've been waiting to see on my desktop.

Last edited:
I just picked up the Asus PB278Q and thats enough pixels for me. Anything smaller i wont be able to see anything:p

Maybe i didn't notice it before, but the EQD site now also has a 22" @ 2880x1620 posted.

Can't wait till all of this becomes mainstream, i'd also like to know which companies are making the panels too :) ... LG? Samsung? AUO? All of the above?

The only change is they now have a product catalog for this year up and it's certainly interesting. Firstly, they've confirmed at least some of these are not IPS panels. Panel type isn't specified aside from what type panels they are not. What's more interesting to me is that they're moving into multiple areas, not just monitors. They list everything from coffee makers (yes, really) to SSDs to LED light bulbs to motherboards. It's mostly budget things but for a company I had never even heard of until the Auria monitors they appear to be moving quite quickly into a ton of different areas. Feel free to check out that catalog and see if any of you can glean any more information from it on the Clarity monitors. The EQ276WQ is the only one on the list confirmed to be IPS. I'm curious to see how that compares to the current EQ276W aside from it lacks a claim of 1.07 billion colors and no speakers.

Panel-wise I'd still say there is room for a pleasant surprise.

A couple of interesting TV's too. Their 27" EQ2733S looks like a VA panel, seems ok for tight spots like small kitchens or even utility/shop/bar/etc

I also see a EQ4055W 40" 2560x1440 TV with a high static contrast +178 viewing angles (a big VA panel with high rez?)

Gonna be hard waiting and holding onto the slush-fund cash...

Last edited:
I called the number on the last page of the catalog and got some information.
The guy I spoke to said they'd land in the US around May (I think he said end of, but I don't remember exactly) and that this had to do with delays due to Chinese new year. He also said they would cost around $800-900, although I forgot to ask which model that was referring too. Also, it looks like the 2880x1620 24 inch panel was a mistake, as it's been removed from the updated catalog listing.

If you are one who wants to avoid a wide gamut monitor, the specs for the 27" and the 30" indicate billions of colors - presumably wide gamut. The 24 inch however lists "millions of colors" which probably indicates it is standardized to sRGB.

Last edited:
I would be really interested in the 24" one if it were an IPS display. Since it says NO for that column, I assume it is TN? (I would be perfectly OK with a VA panel as well.)

Well, there's a number on their website and when I called it they seemed willing to give information. Can't hurt to call and ask.

Bump,

No word yet on these models i suppose?

I know i haven't seen nor heard anything new. I suppose calling that phone number on the website is an option...

Please someone do this. I'd really like to try one of these. Then again, last time I called they told me May. I think they may be having supply chain issues. Maybe if enough of us keep bugging them about it they'll get a move on. Although it does seem odd that only this little company is making monitors like this. Which kind of makes me wonder if these are even a real product at all. You'd think Dell or HP or another large producer would make one too. Or maybe they're just not jumping the gun as much.

They look to just be standard panels which can accept higher input resolutions and downscales. From the 24" user guide:
For the best performance, use 1920 x 1080 (Full HD/WUXGA) graphics’ mode (If supported by your graphics card). Auria recommend using WQHD (2560 x 1440) just for photo viewing, video and game application,for office. Internet surfing application please use 1920 x 1080.
Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Clarity Resolution: 2560 x 1440
The 27" is similar.

Highly disappointing. What I feared. Why would they bother to do that on a display when you can just do it on the GPU for games. I imagine it would be horrible for lag.

What a silly product. If you use super sampling AA in games that support it, that's exactly how it works and it works on any screen. There is really no need for hardware in your monitor to do this.

it's unfortunate that nobody seems interested in producing higher density panels at smaller desktop monitor sizes.

We're working on it ;). But it's more of a laptop sized high density display that you can use with a desktop.

We're working on it ;). But it's more of a laptop sized high density display that you can use with a desktop.

Yeah I'm really more interested in 20-24 inch size hi-dpi to go along with my PQ321, not a laptop-sized(<20") panel converted to a desktop display.

Unfortunately, I just don't think they make those with the possible exception of medical displays. A laptop one is really excellent to have closer than your main display and to be used for text though.

Back