EQ2, time to show yourself ^_^

Saloma Teale

Limp Gawd
So... I looked through that nifty WoW thread where people posted pics of their characters. I had a great time seeing all of them, and its really neato. I figured that since we have a nice little thread for WoW, we might as well have one for EQ2 characters as well ^_^.

I dont want this to be a WoW is better than EQ2 and vice versa thread. That is not my intention. I just want to see who all is around and what you look like ^_^.

So... here is my character. Saloma, lvl 32 Wizardess on the Antonia Bayle server:

saloma6ai.jpg

Ooooh... you have me jealous now lol. I want a horse! I just cant afford the 2 plat to get one =( I'm lucky if I have 6 gold in my bank at one time.

EverQuest2-2005-02-08-09-40.jpg

There are my two. Peanutbutter is a 30 bezerker and Jelly is a 30 warden, I play on crushbone.

So were any of you guys affected by the armor changes? I know that I was... My character had been wearing the Ebon Eye Robe, which before patch was a paper bag that looked exactly like about 4-5 other robes. Brown and drab.

Now after the patch I have this Neeklub's Robe of Efficiency from the Goblin Rampage quest. Looks nice with black and white stripes, but guess what... again it looks exactly like the Ebon Eye Robe, Sigil-Painted Robe, and about 2-3 other newbie robes.

/sigh

I dunno why they cant just pick up the proverbial paint brush and make the robes look a bit different. I love the look of the robe I have now, but to have it look exactly the same as a half a dozen other robes is, well... sort of lazy.

Don't worry, that is a common problem with pretty much all MMOs.

Ooh looks good. What kinda hardware you running on and what are your settings? I remember the game not looking that good in beta on my x800. I had it running and looking good by tweaking the stuff, but messed it up and couldn't get it back :(

Wish they had a few more mundane hair styles as well...

Can we get more screen shots please? :)

you guys need to post pictures of yourself so we can compare how much you do or dont look like your characters .... :)

I am an out of control WoW fan but, damn, EQ2 is a sharp-looking game.

ECM said:

I am going to have to agree. I love WoW and do not have the time to put into EQ2, but damn its graphics PWN WoW.

Ah... I guess I should change my sig. I'm now playing the game on:

Abit IC7-Max3
P4 [email protected]
BFG NV6800 Ultra OC 256 Graphics
2g Kingston HyperX PC4000 Dual Channel DDR
Girl built! and proud of it!

I'm running at High Quality settings, but the pic I posted in my first post was done at Extreme Quality.

ECM said:

Yeah. The scary thing is that so far no picture has been posted that really does the game justice.

I will try to remember to put some of my pics on my website tonight so I can post them here.

bonkrowave said:
I am going to have to agree. I love WoW and do not have the time to put into EQ2, but damn its graphics PWN WoW.

^_^ Thanks for the kind words toward our game.

I have to say though, that WoW graphics are nice in their own way. They really hold true to alot of the graphics that we all saw in WC3, with the way the characters hold themselves in their more Stylized way.

Hehe... and at least you guys dont need a SUPERCOMPUTER to max out your setting lol.

I'll put up my level 20 Dark Elf bruiser when I get home.

On a side note, I wish I could put up the link (against the rules to link to another forum) to the sony station forum that had a thread called something like "Hot Girls of EQ2". Amazing, doesn't even begin to describe it.

Badger_sly said:
I'll put up my level 20 Dark Elf bruiser when I get home.

On a side note, I wish I could put up the link (against the rules to link to another forum) to the sony station forum that had a thread called something like "Hot Girls of EQ2". Amazing, doesn't even begin to describe it.

Lol. Hot girls of EQ2? What forum, may I ask is this on? You have got me interested in seeing my competition ^_^

Maybe its just me but the graphics look only a couple notches up from Morrowind...maybe I'm blind too....meh

Models and animation are far better then morrowind. In all honesty the shots dont do it justice.

SuX0rz said:
Maybe its just me but the graphics look only a couple notches up from Morrowind...maybe I'm blind too....meh

One of the big things you don't get in the screenshot is the realistic way the metal armor looks.
It actually has a great deal of depth (like it's dented or has relief designs on it).
It also reflects the environment (though in an imperfect way because of the imperfections of the armor).
The reflections are really not very noticeable unless you are moving so screenshots are really failing in that area.

Here is the best shot I could find in my collection that shows off the metal and shadows effectively without actual movement.

EQ2_000059.jpg

BTW, I actually play with the graphics at this level as long as I am not in a raid group or in a really busy city zone.
It just takes a fairly high end PC to do it, if you get 5750+ on 3dmark 05 you should be alright.
Also I only get this level of detail on myself and the character nearest me. All others are at a lower level.
In about 2 years you should be able to build a PC that will have the entire game, including the environment, at this level.

Here's another shot that doesn't show the armor quite so well, but does show water w/reflections
and some pretty decent environmental particle effects with the water that's falling over the wheel in the background.

I just realized the primary reason I took this shot was to catch some leaves,
that were falling off the tree next to me, while they were still in the air, so look for those too.

Also if you follow the aquaduct backwards backwards you can just see more particle effects where the
duct has a break and the water is falling from a higher section of the duct into the final section.

EQ2_000054.jpg

Sorry about the funny breaks in these posts, but I don't want people with smaller formats to have to scroll to read the text.

this makes me want EQ2...but I shouldn't play it I get easily sucked into MMORPG's -_-

btw welcome to the forum, nice to see other girls here ^_^

I would say try it out, Fileplanet will be having a free trial for the game soon. You cant get above lvl 6 in the free trial (lame) but its good to see if your system can run it or just to get a glimpse at the game in motion.

As for being hooked, I thought I would have gotten hooked (Played EQL for 4 years in an End Game Guild) but suprisingly im not, I take breaks from the game often. Especially when KOTOR 2 and Mercanaries released.

Always can use more level headed people in the game, think many of the WoW L33Ts are flooding over...

And here is another pic of Saloma when she was in her old chest piece. In this pic she is wearing the Gnomish Elemental suit. The first pic of the threat pictured Saloma in her Neeklub's Robe of Efficiency.

saloma2redo6rw.jpg

Gotta love the Half Elves!! They are by far my favorite race. I think they are the most attractive too ^_^ lol. It must be the piercings!

It's dusk and raining (naturally), but I didn't have time to stick around to wait for more light. Oh well, the handsome dark elf poses anyway.

EjossClose.jpg

Saloma Teale said:
Gotta love the Half Elves!! They are by far my favorite race. I think they are the most attractive too ^_^ lol. It must be the piercings!

Ya Half Elves and Ratongas are my favorite race so far, got 2 of each, hehe.

The above may be true.

But half elf or not, they in no way compare to Taurens from WoW.

The manure smell, the completly hairy body, the large uders that look like hanging testicles .... now that my friend is beauty.

:D :p :D

bonkrowave said:
The above may be true.

But half elf or not, they in no way compare to Taurens from WoW.

The manure smell, the completly hairy body, the large uders that look like hanging testicles .... now that my friend is beauty.

:D :p :D

TROLLS!

BTW I killed the Transport Griffen :eek:

Wow .... thoose graphics on that troll creature blow WoW out of the water.

I am a graphics whore ..... so lets just say "......and Im spent"

You should see the trolls in heavy armor. They look MEAN. I think the trolls look awesome when they are all decked out in heavy plate armor. They kind of have this strange way of holding themselves where their gut protrudes out farther than their semi-sunken chest.

bonkrowave said:
Wow .... thoose graphics on that troll creature blow WoW out of the water.

WoW is a decent enough game and would be reasonably successful no matter what. However, people need to remember it's MASSIVE success is based 70% on the name "Warcraft", 10% on the name "Blizzard", and 20% on the actual merits of the game.

By this I mean that 70% of it's customer base are Warcraft RTS people who only bought the game because of the name (and mostly never played an MMORPG before, thus their massive FANaticisim), and 10% are Blizzard fans who only bought the game because Blizzard made it.

If the game was named anything else and made by anyone else then it would probably have only 20% of the customers it has today (which would still be a successful 150,000 or so).

Back