Epson Workforce 845 Printer Connection

The wireless on this printer has stopped working for me after about 6 months of use. My pc is only a few feet from the printer, so I was thinking I would connect it through a wired USB connection. I see that USB printer cables have a regular USB port on the end, and the other end is a small, square-like connection (see Amazon )

The problem is, the printer USB port is a regular size like you would plug into your pc case... and my pc USB port is a regular size. How am I supposed to use this printer USB cable? I've already tried a USB to USB cable, and I can't seem to detect the printer using that.

Background info: I've tried troubleshooting the printer using the Epson software, Windows troubleshooting, reading the Epson User Manual, googling, etc etc. I need this printer/scanner to function because it is inhibiting me from accomplishing work.

Thanks everyone for your input!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That printer should have a USB B square connection on the back. The front from the picture of the printer looks like a picbridge and not what your looking for.

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Epson/WorkForce-845/Manual/241213?page=3

_483005.png

I actually didn't notice where the USB port was on the back of the printer until now. I ordered a USB cable and will try that. In the meantime, I'll make use of the public library for all my printing/scanning needs... Thanks

Sorry if this seems trolly, but seriously try to avoid using wifi for anything stationary. Keep it for smartphones/laptops only whenever possible. It CAN be reliable, but NEVER more-so than a wired connection (and sometimes much less reliable). And in any case, consumer wifi gear really sucks when using more than 2-3 devices at a time.

Back