Epson aculaser c1700 - problem with magenta cartridge

chris2501

n00b
Hello averyone, I have this printers from about 10 years and until now has worked good, but in the last months I have a problem that I can't solve.

When print the magenta cartridge print patchy,in my opinion it is a toner density problem, in fact the last cartridge after some prints signal low density toner, then I switched off and on again the printer as indicated by the Epson Status Monitor. But the problem persists, now every time I launch the printing the toner is charged.
I replaced 3 cartridge but without solve nothing.
This problem is occured after I have launched on " Epson printer software" Toner update mode, this function empty the cartridge, to install a new one before it is completely exhausted.
Probably to avoid mixing different toners.
Please if we can help me, I am in this situation from several months and don't found the solution, I don't want throw the printer for this problem.

Wear gloves and an apron, and put down a drop cloth, too.

maybe the drum ? the problem is if I want clean this component I must disassembly the printer.
The fuser I think is ok otherwise also the other colors print bad.

maybe the drum ? the problem is if I want clean this component I must disassembly the printer.
The fuser I think is ok otherwise also the other colors print bad.
yes drum, and its probably gonna take disassembly.

Hi again, I want said I solved the issue, I replaced with new toner buyed from a seller in UK on Amazon and after 4-5 copies now print ok with good colors.
I hope to keep this print quality. So far I printed about 30 copies and everything is ok.
Unfortunately the compatible cartridges are so, I can happen some that are of poor quality.

I only paid this cartridge 9 euros

https://************/L9kFcBy

Back