Epox EP-9NPA+ Vcore?

Nuked Jello

Limp Gawd
Any other EP-9NPA+ owners out there?

I received my EP-9NPA+ and Venice 3000+ E3 (ADA3000DAA4BP, YBBLE 0524EPCW) yesterday. For the CPU voltage in BIOS, I read that the 9NPA+ will bump up the voltage as it sees fit if you leave it on "auto", so I set it to "off". But in BIOS, the Vcore will read nearly 1.5V and in Windows CPU-Z also shows 1.48~1.5V. Is this normal for the 9NPA+? I thought Venice stock voltages were supposed to be 1.4V or even lower.

I am aiming for 9x245 = 2205 MHz at stock voltage and stock HSF (my RAM is no good for overclocking so I can only use the 5:6 divider). I ran almost 8 hours of Prime95 last night without error, but that was at 1.5V. I would like to bump voltage down to what should be stock in theory to prolong CPU life, but either the 9NPA+ displays the Vcore wrong or it overvolts by default. My suspicion is the latter because, the RAM voltage if left on auto was 2.7V. I ran the exact same sticks of RAM at 200MHz in my NF7-S with 2.6V and Newegg specs even says 2.5V for the Value Select.

The Bios sets the voltage to auto. GO in there are override what it says if you want to take it down. My CPU was kind of a dud and i have to run +225v to get stable at 2600. Temps are never above 52c though, even during Prime. Go Arctic cooling.
Anyway, i wouldnt sweat the high voltage reading. Mine does that too. I had the same readings you did at stock speed.

Thx for the reply Karaya1

Yesterday, I changed auto to "-0.1V" so that in CPU-Z it shows 1.38~1.4V. So far seems stable still at 2.2GHz, I will Prime stress the system tonight.

If you turn it off, it will do 1.45-1.50. I run 1.6-1.75 mostly and cpuz gives a vcore of 3.3...
let us know on the prime stable

prime957cr.jpg

CPU/HTT set at 9x245 = 2205MHz. CPU-Z Vcore fluctuates between 1.35~1.39V with Vcore set to "-0.1V" in BIOS. Bios Vcore shows about 1.37~1.39V.

Idle temp of around 37 deg C and load 43 deg C in a Kingwin KT-424 case with stock AMD heatsink fan + Arctic Ceramique. Epox default Vcore when "Auto" or "Off" in BIOS seems too high for running at stock or with slight overclock. I used the August (8/09/05?) BIOS.

Motherboard has a nice bundle for a budget motherboard plus firewire which is what convinced me to get the Epox over the Chaintech. Motherboard HTT reached 328 using Eclipse's guide in the AMD Processor subforum. I'm RAM limited so I didn't bother trying to see how high the CPU would go. An Athlon64 3000+ @ 3500+? Good enough for me when my video card isn't all that great. I'm pretty satisfied with my Epox/Venice combo.

I've heard from some other forums and people that the mobo may be giving off a reading of .1v higher than the actual voltage. Not sure if it is true but i am considering it true because of the readings from CPUZ of the voltage i need to get my 3000 stable at 2.6. I have it set to +.225 in the bios, and it does actually need that much according to prime. In CPUZ it reads 1.75, i like to think it is more along the lines of 1.65 :).

In any case, the temps are good so it doesnt bother me.

Nuked Jello said:
Motherboard has a nice bundle for a budget motherboard plus firewire which is what convinced me to get the Epox over the Chaintech. Motherboard HTT reached 328 using Eclipse's guide in the AMD Processor subforum. I'm RAM limited so I didn't bother trying to see how high the CPU would go. An Athlon64 3000+ @ 3500+? Good enough for me when my video card isn't all that great. I'm pretty satisfied with my Epox/Venice combo.

Ram limited? Most of us are. Use a divider. With that HTT ability you have no limiting factor to max out your CPU and still keep your ram at a stable speed.
I My ram couldnt run at 289HT with the 5:6 divider(240 mgz on the ram) and it was running at 185 with the 2:3 divider so i changed my multiplier to 8x and increased HTT to 325 so my cpu was still at its max speed bu my ram was at 215 instead of 185. That way i got everything running near it's max. The ram can do 230, but this is as perfect as i can get it.

Back