Epox download FTP username/password?

BB Gun

[H]ard|Gawd
SO, I'm trying to resurrect one of our Parish's computers whose owner didn't update windows and didn't update her antivirus. *sigh*

At any rate, I repaired the windows installation and need to get the drivers off of Epox's FTP site (ancient 8KMM3I via chipset board).

I get to the page where it tells me the drivers, but when I click the links, I get an FTP login screen. Guest/guest doesn't work. Anonymous/anonymous doesn't work. Guest/anonymous and anonymous/guest doesn't work. guest or anonymous and leaving the password blank doesn't work. blank/blank doesn't work.

Anybody have a spare Epox FTP login I can use?

BB

I think I can help.

I needed drivers/BIOS flash for an ancient 8KHA+ the other week.

This is going to sound strange, but I could only get into FTP with IE, and I could only download using Firefox. :)

So I opened FTP in IE and then copied links onto Firefox. Probably better with an FTP client.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Please download the driver and Manual from ftp://72.245.251.214/
User name: epoxsupport
Password: epoxsupport

Best Regards
EPoX Tech/RMA Support

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Just checked, login still works. Those are for your mobo. Good luck!

ftp://72.245.251.214/driver/8KMM3I/vt6103_6105 lan drver.rar

ftp://72.245.251.214/driver/8KMM3I/via_hyperionpro504a.zip

ftp://72.245.251.214/driver/8KMM3I/realtek_audio369.rar

ftp://72.245.251.214/driver/8KMM3I/audio.rar

ftp://72.245.251.214/driver/8KMM3I/6103v2.7via.zip

Thanks much! Will grab them when I get home from work this evening.

BB

Got right in with explorer using the direct IP address you gave. Using the links from the epox site still gives errors. Strange, very strange.

At any rate,

Thanks again!

BB

Sorry to resurrect this thread... but does anyone else think that this is the most fucking ludicrous/retarded thing you've ever seen?? I emailed tech support and was told that the username/password is epoxsupport/epoxsupport. But it still doesn't work. Either I got into the ftp and STILL got errors once I was in there, or it doesn't work on login. WTF! Why would any major company make such a ridiculously screwed up website??

Btw I was also able to get into the ftp using Opera, although it did not work in FF, like everyone else said already.

works fine logging in with FF here and downloading the items.

Although it did ask me twice for the login info, once to connect tot he site and once to start a download.

Huh, EPoX is still around? Last I knew, they were all but dead. I thought the headquarters in Taiwan shut down years ago.

Someone did respond to my email to customer support -- and quickly, too -- so evidently they're hanging in there... I don't know how; my impression is they very much deserve to be dead.

Sorry to resurrect this thread... but does anyone else think that this is the most fucking ludicrous/retarded thing you've ever seen?? I emailed tech support and was told that the username/password is epoxsupport/epoxsupport. But it still doesn't work. Either I got into the ftp and STILL got errors once I was in there, or it doesn't work on login. WTF! Why would any major company make such a ridiculously screwed up website??

ASUS is just as screwed up. Besides the horrendous web page design, they have a downloader that most links get you to which does not work with FF and does not tell you that IE is required.

ASUS is just as screwed up. Besides the horrendous web page design, they have a downloader that most links get you to which does not work with FF and does not tell you that IE is required.

Well come on, that's not fair. Epox is definitely on a whole different level! It's starting to look like these things depend on people's systems a lot, because I am surprised you have trouble with ASUS using FF. I have never yet had a problem accessing ASUS website with FF, and I do own an ASUS mobo. Yes, their web page is not very good, but I can select my model and find manual, bios, and other stuff without technical issues.

But requiring some ftp login/password which is not written anywhere on the site?? That's the most ludicrous thing of all. Anyone should be able to download what they need whenever. Why did they think it's a good idea to have some kind of login required?! They have got to be drug addicts to come up with that. And then it STILL doesn't work?? It even didn't work with IE6 for me until after a few tries it randomly worked, for some reason.

Back