Epox 9NDA3+ Booting screwed up

Zoio

Limp Gawd
I bough this board and paired it up with a a64 3200+ Venice, 1gb 2x512 Geil pc4000 ram, 550w Thermaltake PSU. In order for me to get the system to boot up, I must wait around 10-15 mins so it actually boots up.

If I try to do it before 10-15m it goes on for like half a second and turns it self down. Its really annoying. Bios is updated. Temperatures are stable at 30c idle. XP works fine and it runs pretty fast but This boot problem of mine is pretty annoying.

Anyone know what might wrong with this scenario?

Thanks in advance

Any way you could try a different power supply? Sometimes there can be a peoblem with motherboard or supply power capacitors being overheated/overcharged blocking the boot process. I also have had problems with DVD and CD burners having bad electrical faults doing that and even killing components.

Yeah ill try getting a powersupply from a friend. This is really odd though the machine runs great so far im doing 2650mhz at the moment at the lines are fine. I also tryed unpluging all the components accept for the motherboard and no luck.

Thanks for the advice ill try to give it a go.

sounds like a software issue, when you say it takes 10-15m to boot, at what point in the boot process is it hanging so long?

not software, i gotta leave the powersupply Unplugged, and this was happening all at stock speeds, like if i leave it unplugged for 10m+ it will boot fine after i used it. Then if I wanna boot the machine again after 2-5 mins or anything less it wont boot at all. probly confusing you guys even more, but thanks for trying to help out.

Did you ever find a solution to this issue??

I am seeing something similar on my board after I just switched to a 4000+ with a San Diego core.

what do you have connected to your SATA ports? If anything is connected to the SATA connectors 3 and 4, you will have problems with overclocking. I know this because it happened to me and now i cant use my plextor 712sa dvd drive :(

My screen would take FOREVER to get past the DETECTING IDE part of the boot up. My first vaild solution was moving my sata hdd to ports 1&2 instead of the 3&4 i had it on, but my problem persisted. The only thing i had on sata 3&4 was my dvd drive so that should be fine....wrong. As soon as i unplugged everything from the onboard sata except for my hdd all of my problems went away and now i can coast at 2650 with my 3200+ again :D

In regards to the problem with the Diego core that is odd. I read several odd issues with the venice core and this board but none about the diego. In fact, i know someone who had similiar problems as me and fixed it by going to a 3700+ SD core. Anyways, hope some of my rambling helps

Back