cpu
memory
video card
overclocking at all ?
if so, max fsb 1:1 ?
voltages ?
Power supply ?
cooling ?

remember shorct circut the movie, and johnny 5 ?
"Need more input!"

well the 8KDA3+ is available at newegg for 158. Come on user0ne, be my GUIENA PIG!! :D

They've got the slightly stripped down J version for $60 less...it's missing 4 raids and some software.

Vagrant Zero said:
They've got the slightly stripped down J version for $60 less...it's missing 4 raids and some software.

im lookin at the EP-8KDA3J myself. To bad no reviews on it yet ...

Kingofl337 said:
nf3 250 support RAID native?

2 drives yes.

Also, I believe hardwarestorage or some other website ran benchs on all the raid controllers from the competing boards and the Nvidia one turned out to be the best from the A64 lot.

Just ordered 8KDA3J and athlon64 3000+. Going to be running 1gb mixed 3200, 9700 pro, 2x 15k.3 73gb cheetah drives. Should get here by the end of the week.

I orderd my 8KDA3J today, already have my 64 3000 sittin right next to me. heavy lil cpu :D and yesterday dropped 350.00 for 2 x512 ocz eb pc3700 dc

cant wait, and btw- my 9800pro HIS ICQ card is just sittin next to me to- dont even wanna install it in the soyo k7dragon+

I contacted Epox to make sure the SATA 2 channel supports RAID. It does so I just ordered a "J" to replace the AK89 thats going to be gone for a month on RMA. I'm going to need all the FSB I can get with a 8x multi on this mobile CPU.

Userone you should have gotten a single stick instead of 2 sticks. You will be able to run better memory timings with one stick vs two.

Adam

Yeah, I have a few controller cards and a few scsi raid cards, so I should be ok. I'm running them....because I can. I just sold my fileserver so I have a few drives available.

Kingofl337 said:
I contacted Epox to make sure the SATA 2 channel supports RAID. It does so I just ordered a "J" to replace the AK89 thats going to be gone for a month on RMA. I'm going to need all the FSB I can get with a 8x multi on this mobile CPU.

Userone you should have gotten a single stick instead of 2 sticks. You will be able to run better memory timings with one stick vs two.

Adam

hehe, where were you before ???
i know, i almost bought a 1 gig stick of ocz eb pc3200 (the only 1 gig eb stick ocz makes) but im glad i didnt.
main reason is when 939 hits, ill be taking my HIS card and memory to the 939 platform.
so i plan to use the ram for awhile, at least 18 months or so, and i wanted the best :D
also, ive heard from people that thier using 2 x512 dc just fine in thier socket 754 boards.
if max fsb was a goal, 1 stick-
i just wanna run 500 fsb 1:1 for now, untill 939, so it should work fine :)

Back