Epox 8KDA3+ nForce3 250Gb Ullocks the 3200+ multiplyer?

The multipliers are unlocked in all Athlon 64 chips. The only thing is though, they only go down, not up. (Except on the FX).
That is the premise on which the "Cool-n-Quiet" feature works. It changes the cpu to a lower multiplier and reduces the core voltage at the same time to keep the CPU cool when unloaded.
If I run CPU-Z on my computer when it's just sitting there doing nothing, the CPU speed is only 800 mhz. Jumps up to 2000 mhz when at full load.

Thats cool, mabey on my internet machine but for my gamming rig i think i would want it on full 2000 all the time, Can you disabel it? im assumming you can...

And who needs the higher multiplyers? HAHA go FSB baby..

yeah but they state in that review that the multiplier is unlocked up to 20x, so obviously its not just unlocked below 10-11x...unless of course they somehow made a mistake and it really isn't unlocked both ways. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the former, though :) That 8KDA3 sounds pretty nice

I(illa Bee said:
And who needs the higher multiplyers? HAHA go FSB baby..

actually, higher multipliers are better since A64's gain more performance with increasing the MHz than FSB. in short, MHz > FSB in A64's

tristam said:
yeah but they state in that review that the multiplier is unlocked up to 20x, so obviously its not just unlocked below 10-11x...unless of course they somehow made a mistake and it really isn't unlocked both ways. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the former, though :) That 8KDA3 sounds pretty nice

they mean that in the BIOS of the board that you can choose up to 20x if your chip can do that (like the FX's can because all their multi's are unlocked), however, with the A64's as klaasman said, only the lower multi's are unlocked.

Back