Episode 2 is a foos game

Capfarland

Limp Gawd
Well I got my copy of the Orange Box that I ordered on BF for $24.99 and beat the game in one sitting, and I was not bored for a single second.I don't have much to say other than I firmly believe this is the best Half Life game that Valve has made. Sure, It was short but it was oh so sweet.

I thought it was the best episode so far as well, especially with the pacing towards the end. It really ramped up to an amazing finale and ... um... whatever the post-finale wrapping-up bit is called in film.

And you sound surprised about it being good only once zamardii? I don't think that those kind of linear, story-based games are going to have the sort of depth that books and film have for a long time. The story in games can be compelling in order to drive you forward through the game but I've not seen anything particularly thought provoking that doesn't exist soley to forward the plot and the action. The writers of game scripts just haven't reached that level yet.

Unless you were talking about wanting longevity in the product itself, in which case I think that giving you the freedom needed to produce multiple paths through a game just dilutes the pacing of the game. It's really tightly paced and it would be easy to destroy the game's best properties by trying to fudge in some sandbox rubbish.

I'd rather have a few hours of excellent than 40 hours of crap. There are enough games already that are designed to waste your time, if time-wasting is what you're after.

I agree, HL2 Episode 2 was Fantastic, it a capital F. Pure gameplaying genius from start to finish.

Sadly, a lot of the online and magazine reviews gave it scores in the mid to low 80's . I goes to show what a bunch of fuckwits are employed as journalists these days. Half the time they only seem to concentrate on the graphics and how great the new game engine is - morons.

Sadly, a lot of the online and magazine reviews gave it scores in the mid to low 80's . I goes to show what a bunch of fuckwits are employed as journalists these days. Half the time they only seem to concentrate on the graphics and how great the new game engine is - morons.
God forbid journalists actually have opinions.

I liked what I played of it for the most part (on the Xbox 360). Things were a bit boring in the beginning, but they really picked up. It's just a shame my experience was ruined by the controls. I didn't finish the last battle because it's a pain to aim and switch weapons. :mad:

I thought the episode was the best looking + funnest out of all of them, and it ran so great. I was really impressed with the new bells & whistles.

I actually liked Ep1 better. The last fight of this game with the car just ruined it for me.

Still waiting for 3rd to be released so i can buy them altogether and play them straight through. Plus, i already have one copy of HL2, don't need 4.

It was pretty good. I think yahtzee captured my exact feeling on the subject.

Loved it as well. It's my go to game whenever I'm bored with all others.

Love Valve/Source.

Replay value wasn't very high up there for me, but that's just because it was so short. At least it was more action and less "interim" sequences, i.e., "OMG Gordon! We just saw a Combine soldier 30 kilometers northwest of here. Take this buggy and pistol and go kill him."

I might be the first person ever to beat Episode 1 & 2 before Half Life 2. I rented Orange Box on my 360 to play Portal. And after that, decided to see what Eps 1 and 2 were all about. There was no way I could get to HL2 because it was only a rental. So after I beat Portal, Eps 1 & 2, I played it on the computer.I don't know what I was thinking not playing half life 2 all these years. I've pretty much played every other acclaimed shooter.

HL2 is just one of those games best played on PC. Portal is so simplistic nothing is lost moving to console. There are just too many times a quick wrist flick saved my ass in HL2 with the zombies. That being said, I cant wait for EP3!!!

HL2 is just one of those games best played on PC. Portal is so simplistic nothing is lost moving to console. There are just too many times a quick wrist flick saved my ass in HL2 with the zombies. That being said, I cant wait for EP3!!!

I beg to differ, in regards to your Portal statement. The basic Portal game from start to finish is completely doable with a console controller. But once you try to get gold medals on the challanges, you'll find yourself at a distinct advantage without the ability to quick wrist flip.

I beg to differ, in regards to your Portal statement. The basic Portal game from start to finish is completely doable with a console controller. But once you try to get gold medals on the challanges, you'll find yourself at a distinct advantage without the ability to quick wrist flip.

I was commenting on the basic game, I have yet to get medals myself.. Well I used to think I was half way decent with a mouse. While I have seen amazing things done with a controller, no fps is done better on a controller vs mouse and kb.

I might be the first person ever to beat Episode 1 & 2 before Half Life 2. I rented Orange Box on my 360 to play Portal. And after that, decided to see what Eps 1 and 2 were all about. There was no way I could get to HL2 because it was only a rental. So after I beat Portal, Eps 1 & 2, I played it on the computer.I don't know what I was thinking not playing half life 2 all these years. I've pretty much played every other acclaimed shooter.

Actually, I've beaten both episodes but I never played all the way through HL2. By the time I got to the part before Nova Prospekt I had gotten too bored of the game, so I just skipped to the last chapter and beat it from there.

Short, with little to no replayability due to how linear it is, unf.

For there to be a good, interactive story the game pretty much has to be linear.

HL2 greatest game of all time imho

I personally replayed all three a few times.

I liked the game itself, I just didn't like the multiple spots that would crash the game EVERY TIME, so I had to figure out ways around them (even having to download someone's saved game just past the crashing part). Even had to walk around a part looking backwards, as looking at the group of people made the game crash EVERY TIME -- yet as long as I was looking elsewhere when I went by them, it worked fine... :rolleyes:

Frustrating as hell...

meh I got bored with it and haven't finished it yet. The half life series has been way above average, but as far as the "best game evar" stuff that people keep throwing around--meh. Seems like they like to throw a vehicle sequence in a lot, and every time they do I, personally, think it's kind of tedious. Also, I think the weapons might be a big part of it for me. I just never liked the way any of the weapons "felt" for some reason. I would like to go through the entire game using just the revolver (the only weapon I really like), but I can't find enough ammo for it :D

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it's just really forgettable for me.

Back