Epic's Fortnite To Be PC Exclusive

Hopefully it will be Play for free game. Their PC games have not sold well in many many years.

WTF why pc exclusive? I mean they are shoving their shitty engine to Sony/MS and then going "lol but you can't have this game on ps4/infinity".

Honestly the only reason its "exclusive" is because Sony and MS have not yet confirmed the existence of their new consoles. Until then, no developer can say they support those machines directy without getting into trouble. Just like Star Wars 1313, just PC has been confirmed for it but no other next gen console nor current *rollseyes*

Anyways I'm sure Fortnite will eventually come to ps4/infinity to showcase EPIC's engine and support for the systems. (plus they can get in early in the bandwagon and make some cash for software starving gamers)

I'm in agreement that I wish for their first UE4 game it would be more... Impressive graphically. I'll just have to wait to really see some gameplay videos and reviews of the game before jumping on it. Looks fun though, I don't mind cartoony looking games as long as they've got great gameplay. But for the first one... We'll see. Even a cartoony game could look amazing, but from the photos it's not too impressive.

halfway through, lead development will go to consoles. I dont beleive a damn thing developers say any more until I have a copy in my hands.

Was hoping for UT 4. Not sure what kind of game this is. Like Minecraft? I could see Epic copying all those other free to play games like Blacklight Retribution and charging you money to upgrade your equipment.

Well, a waste of the Unreal 4 engine. I guess they want it to run on Win98 with a 3dfx card?

Looks like a money grab. First every Unreal 4 game! Wow!

So Epic and CliffyB wasn't bullshitting when they said they were going to make a PC exclusive game. Well, at least this isn't going to be a FPS game, had enough of those.

Graphics look alright, but I preferred to see a new Unreal Tournament game on the UE4.

Well, a waste of the Unreal 4 engine. I guess they want it to run on Win98 with a 3dfx card?

Looks like a money grab. First every Unreal 4 game! Wow!

My thoughts exactly! I don't care about the gameplay, graphics, art style, etc...I just care that Epic decided this was the absolute best game to first be released using the Unreal 4 engine.

That to me is really my main issue here.

I guess it was too much to hope for either an Unreal Tournament 4 (that is properly supported post-launch) or especially an Unreal 3. I just want a new Unreal engine to debut with a new Unreal game. Also, would definitely like a game using Unreal Engine 4 to really show us what the engine is capable of.

Umm, how about Hard Reset?

I am yet to finish it but game's great. Folks need to work more on character's movement, though. It's not as fluid as Quake/Doom/Rage :( I feel handicapped

Cliffy B burned all his bridges with me ages ago. I still resent him calling all PC enthusiasts pirates simply because their last UT game was garbage and didn't sell well. Long live UT2k4.

As for the game, what a pathetic showcase for the power of UE 4.0. You want to make a stylistic art style, that's fine. Games like Borderlands and Firefall look great for it, but at least do it in a way that exemplifies what true next-gen hardware is capable of. This game looks like it was designed for the computer I built when HL2 first came out (6600GT SLI).

I actually don't mind the cartoon-ey art style and I imagine in motion it may be more impressive with the dynamic lighting and all of that. At least it isn't a detailed mess of gray and brown. If the gameplay is there, of course that will overrule everything else. At least, for many it will.

And isn't that what most folks want: better funner games and not necessarily more realistic graphics? We often complain when the first title coming out using a new engine is just a "tech demo" for the graphics.

I thank Epic for at least trying something different this time around and taking a bit of a risk. I have no doubt they, or someone else, are also working on a more realistic showcase game for the engine.

Just for 2011, Age of Empires Online, Might & Magic: Heroes VI, Defense of the Ancients (DOTA) 2, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Diablo III...

Diablo III wasn't PC only, unless we're including mac's now in with PC's.

The game sounds amazing to me. Plays like Minecraft in the day. L4D at night. Sounds like an awesome co-op game.

I hope I don't get flamed for this...Epic is probably expecting this game to get a negative repsonse from the PC gaming community and declare PC gaming deceased, like mention earlier.

But I say to PC/MAC gamers, unite and play the fuck out of this game in hope to get a positive response from Epic and get our rightful UT4 :p

A guy can dream right?

I hope I don't get flamed for this...Epic is probably expecting this game to get a negative repsonse from the PC gaming community and declare PC gaming deceased, like mention earlier.

But I say to PC/MAC gamers, unite and play the fuck out of this game in hope to get a positive response from Epic and get our rightful UT4 :p

A guy can dream right?

Your heart is in the right place, but buying a game which may or may not be shitty or what UT gamers even want doesn't seem like the right thing to do here.

If they don't want to make a UT sequel then they'll make up some excuse one way or the other. Rewarding them by buying this game in hopes of getting UT is not the way to go.

Is it PC exclusive if he says this?

It's either we get A TRUE Unreal Tournament or Epic remains dead to me.

I like his picture
5qzozace7e9jnu50sgsp.jpeg

I am guess thats his wife

WTF why pc exclusive? I mean they are shoving their shitty engine to Sony/MS and then going "lol but you can't have this game on ps4/infinity".

Honestly the only reason its "exclusive" is because Sony and MS have not yet confirmed the existence of their new consoles. Until then, no developer can say they support those machines directy without getting into trouble. Just like Star Wars 1313, just PC has been confirmed for it but no other next gen console nor current *rollseyes*

Anyways I'm sure Fortnite will eventually come to ps4/infinity to showcase EPIC's engine and support for the systems. (plus they can get in early in the bandwagon and make some cash for software starving gamers)

Exactly. Its exclusive via NDA only. Glad im not the only who sees through B.S.

So now that UT4 MineCraft is out, how about making UT4 Ski Free. I want to see this guy in full detail.

images

Just say no to Epic. I'm not buying crap from those clowns.

Back