[Epic Store] Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Free till June 4th)

another great freebie from the Epic Store...at first I thought this 'collection' contained Borderlands 1 and 2...but it's 2 plus the Pre-Sequel...I already have B2 on Steam but I'll get this one for the Pre-Sequel...was the Pre-Sequel as highly regarded?

another great freebie from the Epic Store...at first I thought this 'collection' contained Borderlands 1 and 2...but it's 2 plus the Pre-Sequel...I already have B2 on Steam but I'll get this one for the Pre-Sequel...was the Pre-Sequel as highly regarded?

No, but it's free. I haven't played it yet, but I heard it wasn't as good as 1 and 2.

Free is free though.

Thanks!

Looks like that "leak" was correct and the last freebie is going to be Ark which is a bit of a letdown unless they have a surprise for us.

No, but it's free. I haven't played it yet, but I heard it wasn't as good as 1 and 2.

Free is free though.

True.

1590688961364.png

Seems odd that this collection wouldn't include BL1. Not bitching at all since this is free and I have it on Steam anyway, but wonder whey they omitted it. I can understand BL3 since it's a lot newer.

True.

View attachment 248814

Seems odd that this collection wouldn't include BL1. Not bitching at all since this is free and I have it on Steam anyway, but wonder whey they omitted it. I can understand BL3 since it's a lot newer.

I believe BL1 didn't have Handsome Jack in it so it wouldn't be part of the collection of games he's in and also it makes it easier to make people buy another game to "complete the collection"

yeah calling it a 'collection' is a bit misleading as it implies all the games released in that series up to that point...this is more like a Borderlands 2 GOTY edition

Last edited:
I believe BL1 didn't have Handsome Jack in it so it wouldn't be part of the collection of games he's in and also it makes it easier to make people buy another game to "complete the collection"

Ah I gotcha, that makes sense. I've only played 1 and that was years ago, so that reference was lost on me.

yeah calling it a 'collection' is a bit misleading as it implies all the games released in that series up to that point...this is more like a Borderlands 2 GOTY edition

The presequal was more like an expansion of BL2. I gave them a pass cause they never sold it for more then expansion money.... but on the upside you could technically buy and play it without ever touching BL2. (can't imagine anyone really played PS alone but who knows) :)

Cool free pack for anyone that hasn't played BL2. If nothing else Epic is doing a good job of filling out peoples "steam" list. With all the freebies they have replicated a good portion of my Steam library.

Building up my collection, lol
Epic-games-library.jpg

This is my Steam Library 16 years ago back in 2004,
steam-games-list-2004.jpg

I'm at over 100 free games now from Epic, and I know I joined the party late so I missed at least a few.

yes, I also joined later the party and yet I still have over 50 Games on Epic...

I've played 2, Pre sequal and 3. Nothing beats 2 or at least I think but I wonder if it was on count it was the first one I played.

Back