[Epic Store] 15 Days Of Free Games 2020 / Day 15 / Jurassic World Evolution (Free Till [DEAD])

iRevert

Gawd

The OP hasn't been editing/updating it and I've been the only one posting links in there so I figured I'd pop a new thread to keep updated that people would get eyes on what each day's freebie was. I tend to forget if it's just a sweeping title like "two weeks of free games" vs "this game free today"

It clutters things a bit I know but it'll help optics on what each day's free game is similar to the Ubisoft 5 days of free games thread where each day the title was edited.

Took a while but the game was added after a few hours. I thought maybe I had to relaunch Epic but its in my Library now.

Last edited:
Finally a game I don't own because well at launch Alien Isolation got some bad reviews but it's still a good game.

Everyone it's worth looking into Legendary
I noticed when Epic Game Launcher is just sitting in the background doing nothing even, my CPU temps rise 10c (and CPU fan kicks in) while EGL is running idle the entire time. If you're paranoid about EGL or don't want that on your computer but still want to take advantage of Epic's free (or paid) games, that program is pretty sweet. It allows you to run the games without EGL installed.

A previously offered game Metro is todays offering, though it's still worth it if you haven't tried it or are on the fence.

Alien Isolation got some bad reviews
I found that most of the reviews who gave it a bad score were poorly done.
Like that one reviewer who misunderstood the developer statement, that the full game experience is given at the "hard" difficulty. And then thought to himself, "I must play that game in hard because the developers said so", and it turned out to be, well, hard.

OMG!! How did you know, mate?!😵😁i didn't think this was real list! It really is free today!💌

It was part of a datamine a short time back and after a few days of it being correct/lining up it's been accepted as the list for this year.

I found that most of the reviews who gave it a bad score were poorly done.
Like that one reviewer who misunderstood the developer statement, that the full game experience is given at the "hard" difficulty. And then thought to himself, "I must play that game in hard because the developers said so", and it turned out to be, well, hard.
Hahaha that's why I began the game on hard last night too.. but I don't actually want a frustrating game. What would you recommend people set it as then so that it's not a cakewalk but also not a game-over screen over and over in each level?

Tylerdurdened
You can change the difficulty during the game (except on nightmare mode), so if things turn too frustrating, then dial down that setting.
In hard mode, the Alien and other enemies will be better at detecting you. Peeking becomes dangerous. If you hide too often or too long in lockers then the Alien will start looking there.

I must have missed 'Inside' the first time. I'm not a big fan of puzzle games but this one is pretty fun.

Tim S. power make it so wouldnt mind a AAA game. Already own Darkest Dungeon

Last edited:
This looks legit

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1608997234178.jpg
    FB_IMG_1608997234178.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
This looks legit

Yep, we've had a "Upcoming/Expired" list featuring those for a few days now in the OP after the list lined up with the first 3 days of releases.

A thing to note however is several of the games do not currently have EGS pages/listings available, those go live at 10:00:10am (CST) and will 404 at any point prior to that.

Stranded Deep is a bit odd as it seems the Devs screwed over PC players by using the early access to bugtest and then release v1.0 on consoles as an actual release and then abandon the PC players.

So be aware you might not be getting V1.0 and instead getting a version from years ago full of bugs, I haven't checked the EGS version but the steam version is no bueno.

Story about how the Epic Games launcher is using a large amount of system resources/creating a large temperature rise for CPUs

I wasn't aware, but it mentions GOG launcher can support Epic Games...nice way to help consolidate launcher platforms. Anyone have any experience using it?

Story about how the Epic Games launcher is using a large amount of system resources/creating a large temperature rise for CPUs

I wasn't aware, but it mentions GOG launcher can support Epic Games...nice way to help consolidate launcher platforms. Anyone have any experience using it?

GOG Galaxy is pretty nice but I believe it launches the supporting client [steam/egs/origin] in the background when you play a game from it/those sources.

Someone mentioned a while ago about a client called "Legendary" or something to that extent that bypasses the need to have the EGS launched to play a game from Epic, it's linked above in this thread somewhere.

Everyone it's worth looking into Legendary
I noticed when Epic Game Launcher is just sitting in the background doing nothing even, my CPU temps rise 10c (and CPU fan kicks in) while EGL is running idle the entire time. If you're paranoid about EGL or don't want that on your computer but still want to take advantage of Epic's free (or paid) games, that program is pretty sweet. It allows you to run the games without EGL installed.

This one

Can't wait for Jurassic world I think the game was like 49.00 on Steam at launch summer of 2018 it got some good reviews there was a thread in this forum.

Stranded Deep is a bit odd as it seems the Devs screwed over PC players by using the early access to bugtest and then release v1.0 on consoles as an actual release and then abandon the PC players.

So be aware you might not be getting V1.0 and instead getting a version from years ago full of bugs, I haven't checked the EGS version but the steam version is no bueno.
Do you have any more info about this? From what I can tell the PC version is still getting updates but it's just not marked as "1.0" yet - are the console versions that farther along, or are they just called 1.0 so they could release on console?

I need to try Jurassic World Evo again, I really enjoy the rest of the Frontier park building games (hundreds of hours in Planet Coaster, dozens in Planet Zoo) but I just kinda bounced off Jurassic World Evolution.

Has anyone else noticed a problem "buying" these games when using firefox the last few days? I'm unable to load the product purchase page from FF. Chrome seems to work fine.

Crying Suns is next week's free game...been wanting to try that.

My 2 year old son is obsessed with dinosaurs right now (my indoctrination worked) so Jurassic World Evolution was an instant hit. He can sit on my lap and watch me play this game for about 30-60 minutes while I pop quiz him on the various dinosaurs. Amazes me - that at only 2 years - how much he knows about dinosaurs. Oh yeah, and the game is fun too. :ROFLMAO:

Back