EPIC Pedal Car Mod

HardOCP News

[H] News
Never turn a modder loose on a child's pedal car unless you are fully prepared for the end results. Prepare yourself to see that "end result" strapped to a dyno half way through this video (1:28). :eek:

That kid's a pretty good driver. Much better than my sister who's had a driving license for over ten years.

The kid has mad driving skillz! LoL - you know when he hits legal driving age - he's going to want at least a V8 ; )

All the people on that youtube page screaming about "child endangerment" and "neglect" seriously need to shut the fuck up.

That's awesome, my 2 yr old has the same lightning McQueen car. Wish I had the skills to do that for him.

All the people on that youtube page screaming about "child endangerment" and "neglect" seriously need to shut the fuck up.

People are just dumb..The stock speed on that car is 3mph..Looks like he bumped it up to maybe 10-12mph. My son's john deere tractor does 7.5mph stock. Car looks safe and he has a helmet on. It's not like it's doing ATV speeds .

Definitely looks slower than 15mph. Safe speed for a child his age with a helmet. He probably could get going faster on a bike going downhill.

The father could have easily made that thing go much faster. It looks like the speed is perfect balance between safety, controllability, and fun.

Bet you the kid will be charged for DUI because a waiter accidentally served a alcoholic drink.

Sweet little ride there!

Judging by the extreme suburbianess of the neighborhood I doubt he has to worry too much about a stray car or something. Besides he's what 3 years old? He's not going to be able to take it out by himself.

Never realized how lame the stock versions are, I'd super charge it too if I lived in that area, where I live in San Francisco now? No way, but stick me in place with no traffic? Oh yeah!

lol, what a great mod, I wonder how long before he takes a corner going to fast and flips it.

Bet you the kid will be charged for DUI because a waiter accidentally served a alcoholic drink.

This is why you shouldn't go to applebees. Remember, Mark and Mike are always on duty there! (mark it on the grill, and microwave it, yes that includes your steak :) )

Feel good video is good. Now let's hope the guys from the gymkhana video don't diss this kid too :b

I've been wanting to do this for a LONG time myself. I wish the video had more info on where he sourced the parts.

All I did to my kids jeep was change out the stock 12v battery and put in my DeWalt 18 volt drill battery. Good speed boost, but it only gets about 10 minutes run time though, but then I just change batteries.

I love the dyno part too!

awesome stuff.

To anyone that screams about child endangerment.... really? REALLY? So a dad takes the time, bonds with his son, shows him responsibility and safety and that's "endangerment"?

Only in this jacked up country would there be people that can find fault with this. These are the same people that would have no issue with sticking the kid in front of a TV for 8 hours a day and feeding them McDonalds for 10 years.

This kid has a great dad, he's going to grow up with a love and respect for cars/racing and who knows what he could accomplish!

lol, what a great mod, I wonder how long before he takes a corner going to fast and flips it.

Don´t worry. I hear he has helmet and the car is flip proof. Compression fractures of the spine you say? Not at all ;)

Mod is cool, father is cool and slightly irresponsible. Too much power for a kid his age judging from the footage.

welp you have successfully turned my happy childhood into a some much more dull and boring. CONGRATS! =(

***welp you have successfully turned my happy childhood into something much more dull and boring. CONGRATS! =(

Don´t worry. I hear he has helmet and the car is flip proof. Compression fractures of the spine you say? Not at all ;)

Mod is cool, father is cool and slightly irresponsible. Too much power for a kid his age judging from the footage.

Yep, you're right, irresponsible. He should have definitely increased the voltage and amperage to that motor to get some more speed and torque. :p

Back