Epic Mystery Games 2022 Dec. 15th-29th Everyday a brand spanking new game!!!

I would even Boycott Epic after this like the Grinches that jacked up Epic's games store. If it wasn't for games like Witchfire and a few others being exclusive.

What's going to happen they will have to bring it back due to backlash kinda like the 4070 Ti naming fiasco.
It's free. Meh?

R.jpg

You won't like me when I'm Angry

Can't add the regular version...... Director's Cut was removed I'm really not going to play this game.

Update: Director's Cut still shows up for me in Library again I can actually download it still.

Just keep trying it will show up if you log out and log back in or refresh the store.

I just got the last game after rebooting my computer. I can't recall what's called again. I think it was something Death. Anyway, before rebooting it was temporarily showing an error like I was getting Cyberpunk. I never got that one free though lol.

I actually feel sorry for Epic, how much is this costing them? I was always curious about this game but I was never going to pay for it. I will find a game that I am willing to pay for and buy it as a Christmas thank you for the other free games that they gave me;)

OK, found one, I bought
Well that about sums Epics entire attempt at being Valves competition up. lol
I mean I appreciate free but their launcher and site is just janky.
Come on, Steam gets the same problem at the beginning of every sale, or at least they used to when they had fun things like events and flash sales.

Disappointed it is the regular verson. A bit odd since they no longer sell it, but I suppose they want you to pay $6 for the upgrade. I already have the regular version on Steam but grabbed it anyways. Maybe a few days later they'll revert everyone to DC version.

Lol, it's now showing I don't own death stranding even though I bought it awhile back on epic. Hopefully they fix things.
It says I already own it when I try to claim. Guess I didn't lose my purchase :p.

Is the director's cut upgrade worth buying?

It says I already own it when I try to claim. Guess I didn't lose my purchase :p.

Is the director's cut upgrade worth buying?

20-30 or so minutes of DLC. Some other new features that may make the game easier when the online aspect dies down.

I did want to try Death Stranding out but always thought it looked weird and always passed on buying it. Now it's free. :)

I thought this game was single player what online aspect does it have?

I did want to try Death Stranding out but always thought it looked weird and always passed on buying it. Now it's free. :)

I thought this game was single player what online aspect does it have?

Things like structures can be built by online players. Safe houses or bridges. To be honest the game would be a lot harder without them, but sometimes it can make things too easy. And there are lots of other things like warnings or positive audio messages that other players can leave. It can get a bit annoying because when you drive into a place you will here 3-4 messages like "Keep on keeping on!".

DC version adds some new equipment that might make it easier to traverse some areas, which can become problematic as the game gets old and less people build structures.

Things like structures can be built by online players. Safe houses or bridges. To be honest the game would be a lot harder without them, but sometimes it can make things too easy. And there are lots of other things like warnings or positive audio messages that other players can leave. It can get a bit annoying because when you drive into a place you will here 3-4 messages like "Keep on keeping on!".

DC version adds some new equipment that might make it easier to traverse some areas, which can become problematic as the game gets old and less people build structures.
I played about an hour, it's a weird game for sure. I was saying WTF several times already, but I have to hand it to Kojima, I definitely wouldn't have thought of doing a game about delivering packages as a good idea considering I start to tire of those fedex quest quickly lol. It's nice to see the game doesn't need EGS running to play, so transferring it to the deck should be easy if I don't shelve it quickly. I am also considering buying the DC upgrade because it has native DualSense support that isn't in the standard version. :( I probably wouldn't even be entertaining the idea of buying the DC otherwise.

I played about an hour, it's a weird game for sure. I was saying WTF several times already, but I have to hand it to Kojima, I definitely wouldn't have thought of doing a game about delivering packages as a good idea considering I start to tire of those fedex quest quickly lol. It's nice to see the game doesn't need EGS running to play, so transferring it to the deck should be easy if I don't shelve it quickly. I am also considering buying the DC upgrade because it has native DualSense support that isn't in the standard version. :( I probably wouldn't even be entertaining the idea of buying the DC otherwise.
Good to hear it doesn't require the launcher to run!

Good to hear it doesn't require the launcher to run!
A note about that, I bought the DC version upgrade and that version has an EGS overlay. It doesn't require EGS client to be running, but it will try to open a browser to get you to press the allow button to track your achievements to your associated EGS account, and online social stuff (shift+F3 brings it up). I set the game to be offline, but it still required it and wouldn't stop every minute to keep launching my browser till I gave it permission. So on the deck for the DC version you'll probably have to launch it first in desktop mode and do that login via the website thing. Oh and make sure once you have logged in once, to open the overlay and set notifications to do not disturb mode on. The dam notification boxes stay on screen forever otherwise and even though I am using a controller, I had to use the mouse to press the X in the right upper corner of the notification for it to go away.

BTW the DualSense works really well in the DC. It was totally worth the $6 I spent on it for that alone. Strangely feels perfectly paired with this game where large loads make you sway side to side and the haptic triggers fight you as you tip to the sides.

I only got the regular Death Stranding, oh well, I'll give it a try one of these days.

Dishonored would be a great way to close the Mystery sale but why not Deathloop!...that game never seemed to sell that well or get the recognition it deserved...they already put it on Game Pass so why not a free Epic Store giveaway?...would be a great way to get more people to try it

Back