Epic Mystery Games 2022 Dec. 15th-29th Everyday a brand spanking new game!!!

The lego game has "Very Positive" reviews on steam... so does that mean it's not worth it? I mean, it seems weak compared to "Overwhelmingly Positive"

I enjoy Legos so I grabbed that game,

IMG_2669.JPG

The Lego game is decent for some chill puzzle solving! The puzzles have some variety, and the graphics are pretty ridiculous. My only visual complaint is that some of the models seem pretty low-poly which is unfortunate because the rendering is top-notch. 60fps locked on 3090Ti at 3K DLSS Balanced, max settings, ReShade.

LEGO1.jpg

LEGO2.jpg

LEGOH.jpg

Actually owned Fallout OG on Steam but never played it but don't own the complete series.
Reviews are Overwhelming Positive on Steam for the game and it's from 1997 25 years ago.

adding a game just because it's free is not a good reason...I'm not going to add a crappy game just because it's free and I know I will never touch it

rumors are that the Mystery Game on Dec 28th will be the big one...ready for it?...you sure?...Dec 28th freebie is rumored to be...Assassin's Creed Origins

adding a game just because it's free is not a good reason...I'm not going to add a crappy game just because it's free and I know I will never touch it
Exactly this. So far I've only added the Lego game, Wolfenstein, and the animal fighting game. I'll also grab the fallout games to give them a shot. But the other free games? Pass. I can live without shovelware cluttering up my backlog.

I really enjoyed Fallout 1 and 2, and I played them more recently... not sure about Tactics though

To each their own I guess, I add them all just in case. my epic library is just a dumpster of free games anyways. :D i will try FO tactics though, I have never tried that one.

I really enjoyed Fallout 1 and 2, and I played them more recently... not sure about Tactics though

To each their own I guess, I add them all just in case. my epic library is just a dumpster of free games anyways. :D i will try FO tactics though, I have never tried that one.

The early Fallout games (turn-based) are great RPG "fillers" for those who don't want the FPS-style play of Fallout 3/4/76, and have lore that ties in nicely into the upcoming Fallout TV show (from Amazon: hopefully will be released next year, as they are still shooting).

The fallout games where good RPG games. I'm not sure how they have aged. They spawned the franchise, if you played and liked any of the newer games you would probably enjoy them. Better then some of the crappy indy games they do. (they have done some good indies)... perhaps its a precursor to one of the newer Fallout games later this week.

I loved the first two Fallout games, but didn't care for them after the switch to first person/third person. It was always fun to get your reputation up high enough that people would flee in terror as soon as you walked on the screen.

Reactions: Youn
like this
I checked Epic, they only sell the Director's Cut and upgrade. I assume it will be the DC version.

they still sell the upgrade (which is currently on sale for $5) so I'm guessing the Mystery freebie is the standard version and they'll make you pay $5 for the upgrade...which is still an excellent deal and what I'll end up doing...$5 and I won't be disappointed no matter how boring of a walking simulator the game is

Last edited:
Well hopefully the free one tomorrow is the directors cut, as that is just adding ultra wide-screen support and high frame rate mode? That sounds like stuff that should already be in the game ffs.

The fallout games where good RPG games. I'm not sure how they have aged. They spawned the franchise, if you played and liked any of the newer games you would probably enjoy them. Better then some of the crappy indy games they do. (they have done some good indies)... perhaps its a precursor to one of the newer Fallout games later this week.
Fallout 3 was fantastic. Fallout 4 was a drag. Lol.

Reactions: ChadD
like this
Nice, I've been curious about Encased and Death Stranding. A two-fer if DS is the freebie tomorrow.

The Lego game is decent for some chill puzzle solving! The puzzles have some variety, and the graphics are pretty ridiculous. My only visual complaint is that some of the models seem pretty low-poly which is unfortunate because the rendering is top-notch. 60fps locked on 3090Ti at 3K DLSS Balanced, max settings, ReShade.
I tried this game using Athlon 3000g (APU running 1700mhz, sodimm running 3400 18-22-18-18 1.35v).
The game is "playable" on 1080p FSR balance with mixed low-med settings.
The graphics on those settings are still quite good, hehe.

It's up but I can't add it for some reason plus it's not the Director's Cut.
Update: Epic updated it to the Director's Cut still can't add to cart.
Update: 20 mins later still can't add it.....

Last edited:
It's up but I can't add it for some reason plus it's not the Director's Cut.
Update: Epic updated it to the Director's Cut

Seems like their servers can't handle the traffic. Have to remember to not forget to go get it later. I have the non director cut, I'll take the upgrade.

Nothing like being stranded.

Finally got it 44 minutes later reset my PC and closed the launcher about x4 times.

Last edited:
Epic removed the free Director's Cut and now only the Standard version is free...so it was a mistake...I knew that they wouldn't make the DC free...apparently they are also removing the Director's Cut from people's Library that claimed it for free

I would even Boycott Epic after this like the Grinches that jacked up Epic's games store. If it wasn't for games like Witchfire and a few others being exclusive.

What's going to happen they will have to bring it back due to backlash kinda like the 4070 Ti naming fiasco.

Back