Epic Games Presents the "Chaos" Physics and Destruction System Demo

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by cageymaru, Mar 20, 2019.

1. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

Epic Games has released footage of its new "Chaos" high-performance physics and destruction system real-time tech demo. The demo highlights some of the new destruction effects that are coming to Unreal Engine 4.23. This particular demo is set within the Robo Recall world and features a chase scene.

Revealed onstage during the "State of Unreal," Chaos is Unreal Engine's new high-performance physics and destruction system coming in early access to Unreal Engine 4.23. The real-time tech demo is set within the world of Robo Recall. With Chaos, users can achieve cinematic-quality visuals in real time in scenes with massive-scale levels of destruction, with unprecedented artist control over content creation. In addition to the initial feature set, Epic will release demo content for Chaos physics and destruction within the 4.23 window.

{NG}Fidel likes this.
  2. TangledThornz

TangledThornz Gawd

3. Oldmodder

Oldmodder Gawd

I like where this i going, and i hate where they will be taking it first.
    And i don't care for fancy level design, if its the same damn levels i encounter again and again.

Imagine when multiplayer games become 200 Vs 200, i don't care how big the maps will have to be to house 400 players, but i do know it will suck if its the same maps over and over, and i think player count will amplify the negative aspects,,,, though i seem to be the only ones seeing those in modern FPS games.
    So physics while nice and all, it will not save multiplayer FPS games in my book, but if they threw in some random FPS games could be taken to a whole new level, maybe even making them too realistic for the fans of realism in games.

4. Ski

Ski Gawd

schlitzbull and cageymaru like this.
  5. Oldmodder

Oldmodder Gawd

6. mr_zen256

mr_zen256 2[H]4U

Gimme Red Faction Guerrila 2 with that engine please :)

N4CR and Ur_Mom like this.
  7. Lakados

Lakados [H]ard|Gawd

I hope this makes it into Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries... the possibilities would be fantastic.

Wrecked Em and SamuelL421 like this.
  8. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Limp Gawd

I have been waiting so long for MW5... I would happily trade every other major release if we can just finally get a true MW game. Solid single player, decent customization for mechs/loadouts, HOTAS support. Destructible environments would icing on the cake at that point.

Lakados likes this.
  9. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

That would be cool with the game Rampage.

10. cptnjarhead

cptnjarhead Crossfit Fast Walk Champion Runnerup

Destructible levels really make you change your tactics I hope this is a teaser for the next robo recall.. love that game...

11. lollerwaffle

lollerwaffle Gawd

Finally something that could make use of all the cores on my next CPU, most likely the top end Ryzen 3xxx.

12. collegeboy69us

collegeboy69us [H]ardness Supreme

I'd pay good money for sequel to RoboRecall.

BloodyIron likes this.
  13. jcollett69

jcollett69 Limp Gawd

Dude, nice demo but it is making me salivate for RoboRecall2! I use the original to demo VR to people and it gets the WOW response every time. What a slick title.; too bad it was so short.