EPIC game crappy launcher

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone here know how to fix this issue? I installed some new Epic games yesterday, When I logged on today the Epic launcher no longer sees them as installed. I tried the trick of renaming the game folder. Restarting the game download for a few meg pausing it. THen copying the original folder contents to the new download folder. But when I hit resume download the Epic launcher still just redownloads whole game from scratch. Hell I can't redownload 40 GB over and over again not enough time in the day......WTF is wrong here?

Nope tried that ended up with just a black screen, Found out you have to go into the Epic launcher Binaries and delete the win32 folder apparently only like 64 bit. Now none of my games show up as installed. I can not get the launcher to just verify the file it alway just starts a new game download.. I am starting to hate EPIC......

I have the opposite issue. I've only purchased Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, but have a few of the free games. The launcher will not stop installing the other games. I've uninstalled them a dozen times, the launcher tries to reinstalls them every time I have to open it for updates. RGO allows you to add the "-EpicPortal" argument to the shortcut which keeps it from opening Epic to play the game, so I keep Epic closed and the process terminated.

That being said, Epics launcher overall is pretty much shit. Do not rely on it's cloud saves system at all, as about half the time the launcher cannot connect to the server, and when it does connect it can at times delete the local copy of the local save, this seems to happen across multiple games.

Anyone here know how to fix this issue? I installed some new Epic games yesterday, When I logged on today the Epic launcher no longer sees them as installed. I tried the trick of renaming the game folder. Restarting the game download for a few meg pausing it. THen copying the original folder contents to the new download folder. But when I hit resume download the Epic launcher still just redownloads whole game from scratch. Hell I can't redownload 40 GB over and over again not enough time in the day......WTF is wrong here?

you've tried this? i know doing it this way has worked for me since i moved everything from one SSD to another. seems similar to the problem you're having..

I did exactly what you just described and it did NOT work, launcher just still started a new download. If Epic really wants to succeed they need to fix this work of garbage programming. Tomorrow I will be downloading Control If I cannot play the game or it doesn't stay installed I WILL dispute the charge and NEVER use the Epic Store ever again There is absolutely no reason for this BS......

I did exactly what you just described and it did NOT work, launcher just still started a new download. If Epic really wants to succeed they need to fix this work of garbage programming. Tomorrow I will be downloading Control If I cannot play the game or it doesn't stay installed I WILL dispute the charge and NEVER use the Epic Store ever again There is absolutely no reason for this BS......
Cc disputes are for fraud, not "didn't like the product". Email epic if it doesn't work, or ask for a refund.

dunno what to tell you then, there's gotta be something wrong with your configuration that the launchers not liking. maybe try opening the launcher in admin or something. i've personally never ran into that issue so there's not much more i can do to help.

There's nothing wrong with my system. and yes you can dispute a charge if your not satisfied. I am the consumer from hell. I have disputed purchases before....

There's nothing wrong with my system. and yes you can dispute a charge if your not satisfied. I am the consumer from hell. I have disputed purchases before....

Based on what I've read here it sounds like you somehow fucked it up, but you think you're always right and it couldn't possibly be something wrong on your end.

Nothing wrong with your system, anything EPIC makes or touches turns to garbage.

Back