Epic fixed one of the things I hated about their launcher. Game covers in the library are in color, now.

duronboy

Gawd
There are endless reasons why I'll probably have this uninstalled in short order, but at least one of the first things I noticed that I hated is improved.

Untitled-3.jpg

Having the installed game in color and the not installed one in black and white seem an quite ok UI choice.

Could it be because you have 0 installed game now ?

Having the installed game in color and the not installed one in black and white seem an quite ok UI choice.

Better to have the uninstalled ones hidden behind a filter, but I guess that could cause some (a lot) of confusion in some (many) people. Or at least an equal amount of frustration from people about not being able to immediately access their whole library without clicking one more time.

No, because because that's annoying and not what the cover looked like when I got the game. And, not only were the not-installed game covers desaturated, they were darkened. That's totally not an ok choice if I can't even see the effing cover.
It's fixed now. Before, you would have to have all your games installed if you wanted all of the covers in color and not darkened. I don't have an SSD that large! lol

Better to have the uninstalled ones hidden behind a filter, but I guess that could cause some (a lot) of confusion in some (many) people. Or at least an equal amount of frustration from people about not being able to immediately access their whole library without clicking one more time.
Well now you can easily click the "installed" filter and see just the ones that are installed. Or at the bottom of each title it has either a Launch or Install option to click. Couldn't be easier.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
I want them to fix it so you can select a game that is already installed on a different drive and have it detect it, like most other game launchers.
The current way is to start the install, pause it, close Epic Launcher, copy/move the game into the folder, then launch Epic Launcher and continue and it will usually see the files and start verifying.
this is fine if you only have 1 or 2 games to import, but it's pain if you have more, as I had a dozen games I had to import, and you have to do 1 at a time, can't queue them up.
1 or 2 didn't work and they had to redownload the entire game.

Yeah that's one of the other gripes. Thankfully the games that will run on my ancient system are small enough to download quickly. Other than the launcher itself. I have no idea why it needs to be so damn large, for a launcher.

I want them to fix it so you can select a game that is already installed on a different drive and have it detect it, like most other game launchers.
The current way is to start the install, pause it, close Epic Launcher, copy/move the game into the folder, then launch Epic Launcher and continue and it will usually see the files and start verifying.
this is fine if you only have 1 or 2 games to import, but it's pain if you have more, as I had a dozen games I had to import, and you have to do 1 at a time, can't queue them up.
1 or 2 didn't work and they had to redownload the entire game.

They have achieved Origin launcher status! Years later. I usually just redownload the games as I dont want to babysit the whole thing like you said. One more reason I avoid the launcher as much as possible.

It also doesn't help that the new games list seems even slower than before in loading up even when I have it set to show installed only.

Back