Entourage problems in Exchange 2003 environment

adam30k

Gawd
I have a client laptop running Lion and Office 2008 updated to Service Pack 1 during my troubleshooting.

Every time Entourage launches it displays the following error, which can be dismissed.

Unable to establish a secure connection to [nameofmailserver].[companydomain].local because the server name or IP address does not match the name or IP address on the server's certificate.

No changes have been made to the server since the certificate was issued. I've heard from one Microsoft post that I can't find right now that this is a bug. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent the error or fix the certificate issue? I believe it's caused by the certificate being self-signed but was hoping there was a workaround to permanently dismiss the error.

I also have problems with Entourage calendar items not being synced to the Exchange server. Also, iPhone/iPad messages which are being placed into the Exchange Sent folder are not always seen in Entourage. When they are viewable it's like a text file of the headers and then unreadable code in the message body.

I don't have a version number handy but Entourage has Service Pack 1 installed and all relevant updates. I can not upgrade to Outlook 2011 because we are on an Exchange 2003 environment right now.

You will just keep having fun with Exchange 2003 until you finally get rid of it. It is a total pile of crap.

Before we switched to Exchange 2010, out machines with Office 2003, 2007, and 2010 would sometimes receive hundreds of copies of the same few emails.

edit: And if the user didn't close Outlook to make these email stop, they would get up into the 10s of thousands. Highest number i had to clean up was somewhere around 30k emails.. all copies of about 5 or 6 different emails.

These stupid bugs that MS can't seem to fix are known issues and the only way to get around them is to get rid of Exchange 2003.

I recently migrated an office I had for years with exchange 2003 and Macs to using Google Apps for domains. Man has it made my life easier. Good luck with this. I had the same issue, but never found a good resolution.

Gatcha~

I have a client laptop running Lion and Office 2008 updated to Service Pack 1 during my troubleshooting.

Every time Entourage launches it displays the following error, which can be dismissed.

No changes have been made to the server since the certificate was issued. I've heard from one Microsoft post that I can't find right now that this is a bug. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent the error or fix the certificate issue? I believe it's caused by the certificate being self-signed but was hoping there was a workaround to permanently dismiss the error.

I also have problems with Entourage calendar items not being synced to the Exchange server. Also, iPhone/iPad messages which are being placed into the Exchange Sent folder are not always seen in Entourage. When they are viewable it's like a text file of the headers and then unreadable code in the message body.

I don't have a version number handy but Entourage has Service Pack 1 installed and all relevant updates. I can not upgrade to Outlook 2011 because we are on an Exchange 2003 environment right now.

Weeeee, welcome to the .local conundrum. Are you using RPC over HTTPS, just point everybody's outlook to webmail and it will have the right certificate. Problem solved.

Weeeee, welcome to the .local conundrum. Are you using RPC over HTTPS, just point everybody's outlook to webmail and it will have the right certificate. Problem solved.

Yeah I tried that.. maybe I didn't save the certificate properly?

Back