Enterprise Centralized Management

Nasty_Savage

Fully [H]
So we're looking at centralized management solutions. We're a Windows 2008 domain with XP, rolling out Windows 7 with Mac clients/servers as well. We have VMWare environment based on Lefthand, we're also supplementing our retard users with DeepFreeze and Powersave because they are a danger to themselves and others. Realizing that its unlikely to get a fully comprehensive suite, we would like to get as close as possible with a company with a stellar track record that won't likely be abandoned.

One thing we would like to be able to accomplish is a sort of usage auditing. Which asshats are using what software and for how long to determine whether or not its worth it to renew some of these subscriptions. Anyone have any experience with any systems like this? What would the "holy grail" be for a suite like this?

thanks!

The Holy Grail? Solarwinds is pretty bad ass, but it will cost you.

solarwinds makes more than just orion. they have tons of modules that will do a lot of what you are asking.

LanDesk is another alternative.

solarwinds makes more than just orion. they have tons of modules that will do a lot of what you are asking.

LanDesk is another alternative.

Which solarwinds products do that? I'm fairly familiar with them, or so I thought. I've used IP monitor fairly extensivly, and I've demo'd most of their other apps.

Not trying to spark up an argument, just curious.

Does it sound like the OP is looking for a managed services type software? Kaseya maybe?

I did look at Landesk, seems interesting. The scenario is roughly two and a half techs, 1500 workstations and like 9 servers, does that help? Full CISCO environment. k-12 school district :rolleyes:

Back