Enlisted - Now in Open Beta

Enlisted is now in Open Beta. Free to Download and play.

Had a chance to play it for a couple of hours last night. Fun game. From my experience, its kind of like the middle ground play style wise of Battlefield and Hell Let loose.

I really like the squad based aspect where you can switch back and fourth between three other AI squad mates, which are always with you and at any given time. Squadmates through experience with playing the game & winning battles can be given different weapons and equipment. I'll also mention that the sound quality and effects are very good, when you get into a heavy firefight, its very chaotic. Player damage seems to be spot on also, a headshot will kill you or an enemy player with one shot, you can also be wounded & wound other players, you'll then have to use a medkit, which can leave you vulnerable for around 10 seconds depending on the severity of the wound.

If you're looking for a new WWII shooter to play, give it a try.
https://enlisted.net/en/#!/

Last edited:
So an fps you grind?
I guess its a grind of you want it to be. I play a couple times a week, I have no interest in being able to unlock everything at once. You do however gain XP when you play the game, it doesn't matter if you win or lose, the XP is based on what you did during your session , kill counts, assists, capture points ect. Like War Thunder, equipment and armaments unlock as you play the game or I guess you can buy them (Which never interested me). Its a fun game, it definitely gives me that feeling of playing the original Call of Duty but with the semi realism something like Day of Defeat. After playing a lot of Battlefield 5 over the past couple of years, I can say that this is the better game.

Enlisted feels like much less of a grindfest for kill counts, the squad system is a neat idea and its executed pretty well, of course you can play solo too if you want & if gearing out a squad isn't your thing. I like that they gave us choices. Its a good alternative if you 're tired of Call of Duty & Battlefield, I would have liked to get into Hell Let Loose, its looks great but the movement is way to "Realistic" , I felt like I had cinderblocks on my feet, movement is kind of important when you have bullets flying at you. Enlisted feels like a nice middle ground.

Last edited:
i guess since it was from war thunder folks, I was expecting it to be like war thunder where you have to grind your life away or pay to advance.

I’ve been playing this for a few days. It’s pretty damn good imho. Definitely not perfect but there’s a lot of content, the net code is excellent, and it runs silky smooth. It scratches my Battlefield itch. If you’re a fan of bolt action rifles in fps games, they’re satisfying as hell in Enlisted

I have tried the game about 4 times recently (I played it a lot a few years ago) and it seems to get worse as time goes on. Unfortunately...

My biggest gripe is that the ai of the squad is having a harder time doing anything but get themselves killed, revealing your location, standing in front of you so you can't fire and being a pain in the butt.

A lot of the maps also seem to have some serious choke points where you are constantly spawning and dying over and over without any ability to stop it.

I used to enjoy it more in the past but as time goes in it becomes more frustrating than rewarding.

Oh I can see where those issues would screw the game up. I mean we all would hope the AI in video games would be better but when you are relying on it as part of the game it definitely should be better.. army of 2 was a good example of sometimes dumb AI when your partner AI was always getting downed and you would have to stop what you were doing and going to save him

Back