Enhanced God of War Blu-ray announced

God of War collection has gone gold, shipping on Nov 17

Thanks to Saint Noir on CAG for the heads up

pockets...hurting...so much...

Thank goodness most games were pushed for next year.

Damn. Sounds like this is a Christmas item for me, now.
There's no way I can keep up with all of these games coming out.
Why in the world didn't some of these games hit in August? I bet some of them get lost in the holiday shuffle whereas 2 months ago they'd be alone on the "new release" shelf with millions of people taking summer vacations.

Damn. Sounds like this is a Christmas item for me, now.
There's no way I can keep up with all of these games coming out.
Why in the world didn't some of these games hit in August? I bet some of them get lost in the holiday shuffle whereas 2 months ago they'd be alone on the "new release" shelf with millions of people taking summer vacations.

I love/hate this time of year just because they want to release so much in such a small window it drives me nuts. I was pretty into Demon's souls and then Uncharted 2 came out so I stopped playing DS and played U2 through and some multiplayer now I wanna go back to DS and my wife's getting me Tekken6 Friday for my birthday so I'll be playing that shit.

I don't think I 've ever bought so many ps3 games in such a short time come to think about it, but when I grab MW2 on 11/10 it'll be on the 360 but grabbing this on the 17th so it's back to the old ps3.

But we've also got

Dragon Age 11/03
Assassin's Creed 2 11/17
Left 4 Dead 2 11/17

Last edited:
so we cannot have bc because they want to resell all these games to us again. :(

ps2 games just sitting on my shelf that my ps3 wont play but i no longer have a ps2. awesome games but the fact they removed software bc just to sell everything to us again leaves a bad taste.

so we cannot have bc because they want to resell all these games to us again. :(

ps2 games just sitting on my shelf that my ps3 wont play but i no longer have a ps2. awesome games but the fact they removed software bc just to sell everything to us again leaves a bad taste.

Well when they go this route I dont mind a bit, with it upreazed and both games on 1 disc is awesome.

yer the ps2 discs don't get enhancements or trophy support, buff said!

The collection is sold for cheaper than buying the PS2 discs now at Amazon ($37 vs 2*$20). Graphics are improved, and trophies are added. I have a 60GB PS3 with hardware BC and I have the PS2 GoW1 and 2 discs, but I'm still gonna buy this.

How long are GoW 1 and 2?

First one is about 8-10hrs. Second, if I recall correctly, is 10-15hrs. It varies on how good you are really. I didn't not play much of the challenge rooms in either.

You can basically say this is a port. If you want to believe Sony then some PS2 games went beyond their specs so it will be hard to support them via full software BC. As you know they removed hardware bc to save money. No matter how much anyone thinks the chips were, there are still producing millions of units and that adds up fast.

Either way, I got my machine when they had BC. And if they continue to port games over like this, then I am all for it! ICO, and SotC next please!

The games are awesome imo, I loved the story, gameplay, puzzles, and the whole brutality of the games, any game that let's you smaash someone head in a door repeatidly is full of awsome.:p.

They were the best looking games on the PS2 and I think 3 is gonna have the same reputation, from what I have read Naughty Dog helped Santa Monica alot with the game and after seeing what they did with Uncharted 2 I think we're all gonna be blown away when GoW 3 hits in March 2010.

First one is about 8-10hrs. Second, if I recall correctly, is 10-15hrs. It varies on how good you are really. I didn't not play much of the challenge rooms in either.

Was 2 actually longer than 1? My only criticism of 2 when I played it was that it didn't seem as long and epic as 1. The sheer size of Pandora's Temple in the first game was mind boggling. It was essentially one level split up into several parts and took up about a third of the game. Awesome stuff.

I just played the God of War 3 demo.

Holy shit @ the graphics.

Gameplay seems ok, I don't like that you can't adjust the camera. I guess I'll get used to it.

I didn't have a PS2, so I've never played GoW1/2. So this is a definite buy for me.

well... i received my God of War III demo redeem code but seems it doesn't work until Nov 2nd.

How is the replayability of GoW 1 and 2? Is there anything to do after you finish the story to keep coming back?

I don't know, never played them. But it sounds like there is a lot of content for $40.

How is the replayability of GoW 1 and 2? Is there anything to do after you finish the story to keep coming back?

Other than the fact that the games kick ass? I feel like the second allowed you to start with weapons maxed out after beating it, but I might be wrong. Either way, they're epic games that I've beaten at least twice each, and I plan to pick this up the day it's released. The ass kicking offers plenty of replayability in my opinion.

PS2
4082326366_3e062c7295_o.jpg

PS3
4081572357_2a732e95e5_o.jpg

PS2
4082327268_4f86ddce13_o.jpg

PS3
4082333682_e5195c6982_o.jpg

I think GoW is going to be the exception, not the rule, in regards to porting games from PS2 to PS3 with this new technology. GoW was designed, even on the PS2, at 480p/1080i, which with the 2x AA, looks quite good scaled up a bit. These graphics have always been there, just not able to be displayed.

Other PS2 games which were 480p compatible would probably look this good on the PS3 but not all PS2 titles supported HD.

List of PS2 games that support 480p. The 16:9/1080i games would probably look especially (like GoW) good ported to PS3. Next game I hope that gets ported. It would look amaaaaazing. Maybe packaged in with the new project. :D GT4 would also look great but I can't see that happening because they will want you to buy GT5.

I might have to give this a shot to see what God of War is all about.

I bought it. Never played GoW before. Aside from some dumb puzzle segments, it's pretty damn good.

Wow great game so far, I never had a chance to play either of these on PS2 seriously enough to follow the story. My copy didn't come with GoW 3 code :(

I got it from GameFly. Big meh. Was fun at first, then ... idk. And upgrading skills takes ages. Returned it after 3 days

I got it from GameFly. Big meh. Was fun at first, then ... idk. And upgrading skills takes ages. Returned it after 3 days

I would say it sounds like you didn't give it a chance, but that may be my love of the GoW games shining through. How many hours in were you? It took me 9 hours or so to beat the first one, but then I've beaten it a couple of times already. There are a lot of hidden chests throughout the game, so maybe the reason it took so long to upgrade your skills is that you weren't finding enough of them.

I guess if you don't like it you just don't like it. Stranger things have happened, but I can't think of any right now.

I picked this up as well. Never played the first 2 and wanted the demo - win/win. I'm starting with the first obviously (after playing through the very cool GoW 3 demo) and am enjoying it. The upped visuals is nice and makes it easier to play an older game for sure.

The only thing I'm still getting used to is the movement controls. Not being able to rotate the camera with the right analog stick is too weird.

Did anyone throw their controller at a wall while trying to do the GoW 1 ladder of spikes? Heh after about 10000 tries I got it and got a gold trophy...but not a new controller.

Took about 5 tries. If you get touched just restart to last checkpoint, so you'll have to restart from the beginning either way.

I don't get as much time to play as I would like. I am looking forward to seeing if I can get up the spikes better this time. Walking across the top in Hades challenge went easier than the last time. Upgrading from a 20" to a 42" tv might have helped at that a little.

Back