Enhanced God of War Blu-ray announced

After finishing borderlands, I popped this in last night.

I've never played any God of War games. I know, I know. So yea, got through the first level and a bit of the 2nd, having a lot of fun :). Its pretty cool.

I'm stuck on the first game pushing the crate against the archers. Those guys are wasting my crates. What's the trick.

While pushing the crates push and hold X until he stops grunting. When you let go he will push the crate forward a greater distance.

So this is worth it? If you haven't played either and you want to play GOW 3?

I never played the first 2 but was always looking forward to the 3rd. So now I'm going back and playing through. Definitely having a good time.

However these quicktime events that require you to rotate the analog stick can suck my nuts.

So this is worth it? If you haven't played either and you want to play GOW 3?

GOW1 and 2 were fantastic games. The remakes are just as good as I remember them. The series also has a very good storyline. If you don't play through 1 and 2, I'm sure 3 will still be good. But I'm more excited about 3 after playing through the first two becuase I want to finish the story. I remember my first time through 2... where it left of... man.

I recommend playing through. There is a lot of content on the disk for $40, and the graphics are very pretty. I think the play control isn't that great, but thats becuase I'm not a fan of mashing buttons as the pop on the screen and I like to control the camera. Overall, they have my recomendations with a 4.5+ out of 5.

I still haven't grabbed this title... shame on me. The only GOW I've played was Chains of Olympus on the PSP.

Its funny, because they upgraded the graphics significantly on the game itself, but not on the cut-scenes.

Its the first game I've ever played where the cut-scene visuals are worse than the actual gameplay.

Its funny, because they upgraded the graphics significantly on the game itself, but not on the cut-scenes.

Its the first game I've ever played where the cut-scene visuals are worse than the actual gameplay.

Yeah I don't think there's anything they could do about the cutscenes. I think they would've needed re-rendering.

Chains Of Olympus is bad ass for a portable game. Pretty close to GoW1 & 2 level of awesome, maybe like 90% close.. too bad they couldn't have put that on the disc as well.

Finally picked this up and have gone through it. I'm impressed with the graphics. It's kind of surprising what has always been there. Both games look great but GoW II looks pretty damn good.

I'm at the end of GOW II and when I use my Chronos Rage my system locks up. It wasn't doing it at all before but since updating to 3.4 it has started to do it (just applied the update last night).

Last edited:
I'm at the end of GOW II and when I use my Chronos Rage my system locks up. It wasn't doing it at all before but since updating to 3.4 it has started to do it (just applied the update last night).

Consider yourself lucky. Mine YLOD'd after 3.4.

Got it now. You realize how old it is when it doesn´t have surround sound :(...

It´s very nice not to shabby even after playing Bayonetta. I find it funny that the cut scenes they decided to enhance is such involving boobies... Why do game developers never mature? Or take for granted their audience is totally inmature. Sure it´s fitting here but it´s ridiculous only enhance cut scenes just due to boobies.

I'd recommend the GOW games to those wondering about it. I much prefer the Devil May Cry-school of hack/slash action game, but the God of War games have great action, greater puzzles and some of the very best pacing in the genre.

God of War II has one of my highlights in gaming - an annoying boss that throws spears and stuff down at you while spawning minotaurs...when you finally beat him, you get to take out all your frustrations out on him in a very satisfying way...

It´s very nice not to shabby even after playing Bayonetta. I find it funny that the cut scenes they decided to enhance is such involving boobies... Why do game developers never mature? Or take for granted their audience is totally inmature. Sure it´s fitting here but it´s ridiculous only enhance cut scenes just due to boobies.

That's one of the reasons why I liked Bayonetta so much - its celebration of in-game sexyness was very tongue-in-cheek.

How mature is it to say "boobies?"

That is to explain the mind set of game developers... Or what mindset they believe the average male gamer are at.

I can't say I completely agree with that. In GoW I, there are cut scenes that using the in game engine in real time, these are enhanced. Then there are cut scenes that I believe use the in game engine but are pre-rendered, those are not enhanced. So any scenes featuring naked women that use the in game engine but are real time, are enhanced, like the one towards the end of the game. There are also story driving cut scenes that are pre-rendered and do not use the in game engine.

In GoW II, from what I could tell, all cut scenes were done in real time so everything is enhanced.

In GoW III, they of course use the in game engine for all cut scenes and the boobies are HD with unrealistic jiggle physics. A real sign of immaturity but the game is great so I can't complain ;)

I like the look on the face of Aphrodite's girlfriends when you don't 'perform' well.

I pretty much played through the collections and GoW3 back to back recently. I absolutely loved them all. But I had a lot of freezing issues playing GoW3. It was extremely frustrating because it was rarely consistant. It seemed like if I stayed in one area too long, then the game would lock up forcing me to shut off my PS3 and restart it. This made fighting all the bosses ridiculously frustrating because if I didn't figure out how to kill them quick, then I was forced to restart my PS3.

I tried playing with and without the patch. My PS3 plays other games for extended periods fine (my son just played Little Big Planet literally for 8 hours straight pver the weekend and is always playing it). I even tried switching discs at Game Stop (even though both of them look brand new). I have an 80 GB PS3 that has PS2 software emulation, it was the MGS4 bundle PS3. I've never had any other issues with other games. I googled around and seen a lot of similar cases too, but not sure how wide spread it is still. If any of you had any probs and/or know how I might be able to fix this so I can play through it a second time and enjoy it more, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I pretty much played through the collections and GoW3 back to back recently. I absolutely loved them all. But I had a lot of freezing issues playing GoW3. It was extremely frustrating because it was rarely consistant. It seemed like if I stayed in one area too long, then the game would lock up forcing me to shut off my PS3 and restart it. This made fighting all the bosses ridiculously frustrating because if I didn't figure out how to kill them quick, then I was forced to restart my PS3.

I tried playing with and without the patch. My PS3 plays other games for extended periods fine (my son just played Little Big Planet literally for 8 hours straight pver the weekend and is always playing it). I even tried switching discs at Game Stop (even though both of them look brand new). I have an 80 GB PS3 that has PS2 software emulation, it was the MGS4 bundle PS3. I've never had any other issues with other games. I googled around and seen a lot of similar cases too, but not sure how wide spread it is still. If any of you had any probs and/or know how I might be able to fix this so I can play through it a second time and enjoy it more, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thats what happened to me while playing Red Dead and a month later I got the YLOD, I would suggest backing up your PS3 data to an external storage device ASAP.

Stay on the safe side

Thats what happened to me while playing Red Dead and a month later I got the YLOD, I would suggest backing up your PS3 data to an external storage device ASAP.

Stay on the safe side

Yeah, I thought that may be happening because it made me think it was a overheating issue since it seemed to be happening over time as opposed to specific spots in the game. But I finished this game in June and it's still been playing other games without issue. I was hoping it was just a software issue with certain model PS3s or something that they can patch.

Also, if my PS3 died, I could just pull the HDD and put it in its replacement, right? I'd be pissed if it died just after 2 years :mad:.

Yeah, I thought that may be happening because it made me think it was a overheating issue since it seemed to be happening over time as opposed to specific spots in the game. But I finished this game in June and it's still been playing other games without issue. I was hoping it was just a software issue with certain model PS3s or something that they can patch.

Also, if my PS3 died, I could just pull the HDD and put it in its replacement, right? I'd be pissed if it died just after 2 years :mad:.

I wish it was that easy, but you actually have to backup your data to an external device, I learned the hard way, i bought an external usb 1TB HDD to use for monthly backups.

It depends. Some PS3 saved game data is linked to the consle, some is not. The official method to transfer is use an Ethernet cable and all content, restricted or not, is transfered without issues. This is the method I used and it worked well.

When you move to a new PS3, you still need to 'deactivate' your old console then 'activate' your new one on PSN in order for the content to transfer properly.
That's what I did. The only issues was with GoW II. GoW III I don't remember locking up on me at all.

Back