Enhance ENP-5150GH for $14.99 + Shipping, $12.89 w/ Coupon

Falling Anvil

[H]ard|Gawd
Scooped from AT, Geeks.com is offering the ENP-5150GH for 14.99 +shipping, though apparently you also get a %10 off code when you register, which I can't confirm because I haven't done that yet. :p

Also comes with 4.1% Cashback, under "Computer Geeks". Couldn't fit that into title. :p

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, for those not in the know, this is basically the ST-50EF-Plus in OEM form, so it's good. :)

Possible given the price, then again this is quality for garbage prices so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide. Might be good as a possible cheap backup if you've tested it and it comes out alright.

I use this power supply. Does a great job for that cost. May just have to grab some. Forgot to mention this is an 80+ power supply. Great for folding.

Another note. States it doesn't have a 12V 4 pin connector. It has an 8 pin connector that will seperate into two 4 pin connectors.

Last edited:
I need to power an I7 rig oc'd to 3.8-4ghz, 1 1TB hdd, GTX 275, and a few fans; I think it would be ok for now.

However would it be stupid to get 2 of these to power my system? I plan to add more Hdd's and another GTX 275 in the near future.

this is my network storage system, but also runs WCG and F@H 24/7; so there is damn near 100% load on it 24/7.

I was told if I wanted to; I could run 2 of these psu's to power the system. its either 2 of these for $30ish and possibly another for a spare or spend closer to $100 for a 750-850w psu? Thanks

Personally, I'd just get the one 750-800W PSU for your whole system. I'm not sure how you'd get these to work together to power 1 system.

hmm, it says "New" condition but only a 90 day warranty. Still a great deal for a very good psu.

hmm, it says "New" condition but only a 90 day warranty. Still a great deal for a very good psu.

They are OEM packaged units, meaning new in brown box with 90 day warranty.

New OEM. Geeks bought these surplus off somebody else so no factory warranty. Geeks is offering direct 90 day support.

Definitely picking up one, PS in one of my boxes has been flaking out lately and this will be perfect for that system.

How's the sound level on these? Are the quiet like the Antec EarthWatt series?

Also, who's the original manufacturer? Enhance or SilverStone?

Don't need one but it's so cheap (and good at that) that I might buy one just as a backup unit.

Enhance is a manufacturer. Silverstone is a brand. Some Silverstone PSUs are made by Enhance, and some are made by other manufacturers like Impervio.

How's the sound level on these? Are the quiet like the Antec EarthWatt series?

I'd say they're about the same, slightly louder than an Earthwatts.

Personally, I'd just get the one 750-800W PSU for your whole system. I'm not sure how you'd get these to work together to power 1 system.

From what I know you run a jumper on the 2nd psu main plug and make sure 12v, 5v, 3v has some kind of load.

I guess I will have to see what deals are available on 750+ psu's. but $30ish is hard to beat.

These are great power supplies. I picked up 4 and shipping came to 18 bucks, so roughly 20 bucks each. Thanks OP.

This power supply powered a Xeon [email protected] Ghz, GTX260 and 8 gigs of DDR2, and 5 hard drives without missing a beat.

Last edited:
found 10% off coupon XPBARGAINS

total $71.96 for 4 units w/ Fedex Ground shipping.

$17.99 each shipped :)

I was skeptical till I saw the review from jonnyguru...

Would be perfect for basic builds (1 proc, 1 VGA, couple HDDs, and a DVD drive)... and it's cheap...

this could even do some low level sli/xfire.. 500w 80+ is awesome,
I dont know why peopl think everyone need 700+w psu's an avg pc uses about 280.

Yea, like I said... 500 is great for any basic setup...

3 is $50 shipped with that coupon...

Only thinking about if I need anything else

Mine is due in on Friday, but it's cross country for me. Some people should be getting them today if not yesterday.

Mine is scheduled for Thurs... only grabbed 3...

And they just started that $49 + free shipping promo... could have gotten 4 for the same price :( instead paid $12 shipping (got a PCI Bracket Case fan too)

got mine on tuesday

no mobo 4pin, but thats no biggy with me.

also, mobo 32 doesnt split.

came shipped with padding, psu was only contained in the shipping box it came in.

going to frys to get a 8-4pin adapter and test this thing out

Yea. it stated on the page it was only 8pin. and 24pin

The silverstone version includes the adapters to go from 8pin to 4pin and 24 to 20...

Not a big deal, I'll just use it with 8pin motherboards :D

i heard some people on the anandtech forum said they received ones that split, just letting people know what i received, and most likely will be the majority

Thanks for the possible heads up Shodin. Best thing is i just stumbled upon a 4-pin adapter in my spare parts bin, it may come in handy.

Haven't received mine yet here in NJ, i'm sure it won't be more than a day or two longer though.

Last edited:
Wow. I've been using this unit for about two years now. Paid around $80 for mine

Mine has the 8pin split into 2 4's and 24 split off the 4 iirc. Been a while

Decent psu. Completely luda for $15

obviously, this unit beats the 600w ultra FAR psu from two years ago.

Mine says its coming friday.

So if i cant split the 4 off do i need to buy an 8-4 adapter to even use this?

Unless you wanna mod it yourself... which is entirely possible if your real careful (make your own 4+4 Pin connector)

But like the other guy said, apparently there are reports that these are 4+4 and 20+4 now?

I don't see why all PSU's don't just do it that way.

It's so annoying to see high-end PSU's with a seperate cable for a 4pin, then another cable for 8pin. Just do a 4+4 and people who have a 4pin motherboard will have a tiny extra piece hanging off, but it'll still be 1 cable.

Sorry, mine was from two years ago though. They may have changed to single units to save on cost since then.

But that said, more or less all motherboards are 24pin now. And on many motherboards with only the 2x2, there's enough space to the side to have the other 2x2 hanging off? Or are there not many designed like that?

Doesn't all the motherboard that uses i7 CPU use that 8-pin powerplug?

Just when I was about to cave in and order a second, I see it's now OOS

Got both of mine yesterday, and they had BOTH the 8 pin and a 4 pin aux. power, so I am very happy with this deal. I haven't tested either (PSU tester is at work) so its not a done deal yet, but like others have said the packing was somewhat haphazard.
Mine came in a box that looked like it was meant for PSU shipping, but it could hold 12 units, so 85% of the box was empty save for the spacers. One corner was ripped open, so the smart way to pack them would have been in the center section to prevent and corner dings from affecting the PSUs.

Haha, yea mine was pretty terrible with packing... PSU's were bouncing around... one of them had a small dent, but they seem to look fine. Also they have 2 PCI-E plugs... but both are 24 and 8pin.

But they only sent 2 not 3... on their customer support line now :( and they messed up my PCI Slot Exhaust (for a RAID card...) for a 775 stock heatsink >_<

Maybe I can get a better replacement PSU instead :D

Geeks tech support guy was funny... he said they sold about 700 within a few days... also said that a few people bought 200+ at a time, so I'm sure you'll see them up for sale (for a lot more) eventually.

Last edited:
^^^ Damn greedy people out to make money. As long as its not on the forums, no biggy.

Both of mine came today. crappy packing, didnt notice any 4 pin plugs as mentioned. Mine has non-splitting 24/8 pin connectors, but all my systems have 8 pin anyways; not worried about it. got psu's and pwr cables, thats it. But for $16 shipped or whatever it was, I dont care. You cant find a psu this good for anywhere near this price

Still need to test.

Back