Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W $206 + SH @ Newegg

sn_85

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited:
damn - so tempting. I just put one in my NE cart right now . . . thinking twice about pulling the trigger. There's nothing wrong with the HX1000 I have now . . . but this one is soooo nice. AND, it'll look so good with the EVGA Classified and Dominator GT's I know I'm bound to get sooner or later. [edit: after tax and shipping, it's still $294.78 - $55MIR = ~$240]

So sad.

Good deal, but it would be hard to buy Enermax again for me. The customer service rep that was going to replace my dead power supply told me he was going to e-mail me the form to fill out, then I did, then I faxed it on 3 separate occasions to him to get it taken care of, all of which they said were in adequate. I then threw it away.

Good deal, but it would be hard to buy Enermax again for me. The customer service rep that was going to replace my dead power supply told me he was going to e-mail me the form to fill out, then I did, then I faxed it on 3 separate occasions to him to get it taken care of, all of which they said were in adequate. I then threw it away.

You fail.

Hot looking, might consider just for the looks. SilentPCReview users have said this is pretty quiet as well.

Wow this psu is a beast and its only $60 more then what I paid for my Antec Signature 850W.

Wow, that is an amazing price. $55 MIR kind of sucks, but I have been looking for an 800W+ modular PSU...

EDIT: I bit. Damn you, temptation!

I guess an excellent quality PSU is a good investment, though.

Last edited:
Have one in my cart. Lets see if I can sell off my PC P&C 1Kw-SR first.

^ ! Ppl who ordered this before should chat up Newegg for shipping credit.

This is one of the best-performing PSUs out there, especially in this wattage range. An absolute steal for this price.

This is a very hot deal indeed.

Tempted to buy two of these to heat my apartment in the winter.

Great price on a great PSU. That price brings it much closer to the Corsair HX1000, another top PSU. You can't go wrong with either one.

I'm having a hard time finding evidence that this is a very quiet PSU. Most of the anecdotes say it isn't loud, but it isn't very silent either. I think I'll be going with the Seasonic M12D deal instead.

Yea, looking it up on SilentPCreviews again, a reviewer noted that it's neither loud nor quiet. Says it's louder than an OCZ, which in my experience is LOUD.

Well, I contacted Newegg and they gave me the spiel about "not providing price protection". However, they said they would give me a $10 credit on my next order, which is better than nothing (though shipping was closer to $13). I consider that a win. :cool:

its not a bad psu but i got a 1.2kW silverstone fully modular for $200 shipped not long ago ;)

i had an enermax once but i am always leery of seeing DOA reviews for a new psu

If you're talking about Newegg reviews, those are really nothing to go by. People on there complain about DOA products all the time, which isn't really even a relevant review unless it becomes a huge trend, and even then you're technically not "reviewing" the product itself. Plus for this particular product, there are only 13 reviews total, 3 of which are DOA. The Silverstone 1000W unit also has similar percentage of DOA reviews. As with many other PSUs, as well as products in general on Newegg. The only way Newegg reviews are helpful is to see if there's a huge percentage overall of people giving the product good or bad reviews, and on the whole the reviews for this one are good.

Good point.

Also, remember that people are FAR more likely to post a review if they've had a bad experience. If you get a product, toss it in your case, hook it up, and have zero problems you're likely to completely forget about it. On the other hand, if it doesn't work, you have to pull it all back out, pack it up, get an RMA#, ship it off, and wait for a return, you're going to be angry and want to vent about the product online.

Additionally, there's also no way of knowing if the user giving the negative review installed it properly. I've seen several where they actually admitted that they did it wrong and it broke, but still gave it a one-egg review. :rolleyes:

In any case, I got mine day before yesterday, and it's running great so far. I really like the powder coat finish on the outside of the unit, seems very durable and scratch-resistant. Now all I need is a SATA to Molex power adapter so I don't have to use a separate cable for the ONE Molex device I use. :p

its not a bad psu but i got a 1.2kW silverstone fully modular for $200 shipped not long ago ;)

Have used several enermaxes over the years (was quit the fan boy) and have no regrets! Well maybe one.....lost my Liberty 6XX because an after market LED fan died and I didn't notice until after it cooked itself. :( As a matter of fact 3 of my 4 systems are enermax powered.........

If I was ready for the ubber system I want to build, I'd be on this like a fly on ..........! :D

Last edited:
Thought of ordering but then there are simply way too many DOA ratio. No thanks...until they improve a new revision to fix the many DOAs anyway.

Last edited:
Thought of ordering but then there are simply way many DOA ratio. No thanks...until they improve a new revision to fix the many DOAs anyway.

I'm sure the vast majority of the "DOA" reports are due to user failure.

It's very rare for a PSU, especially an Enermax, to arrive DOA.

Save yourself the worry and just get the Corsair HX1000. Yeah, I'm a fanboy. ;-)

I'm sure the vast majority of the "DOA" reports are due to user failure.

It's very rare for a PSU, especially an Enermax, to arrive DOA.
This being the second time this is raised, I'm curious what you think they're doing to kill their PSU's on arrival...:confused:

This being the second time this is raised, I'm curious what you think they're doing to kill their PSU's on arrival...:confused:

That would be my question as well. In order to kill a PSU, one must be really stupid to short it by ways of hotwiring or really stick metal stuffs into the circuit to kill it. It doesn't seem that way though by the way they indicated...seems like they just plugged in the appropriate connectors and hit the power switch like they normally do with any other PSUs.

Last edited:
I bought one of the Enermax liberty PSUs when they first came out in spite of bad reviews on newegg. At the time everyone said the same thing: a few bad ones, people complain more when they fail etc.

Anyway it lasted about a week then it died. Got a new one from newegg. It lasted 6 months and then it died.

The Corsair is not even comparable. This PSU is much better than the HX1000.
I'll wager that I'm one of the few here on [H] who's tried both of these PSUs in my PC. I returned the Enermax, kept the Corsair. But you go on believing whatever makes you happy.

I'll wager that I'm one of the few here on [H] who's tried both of these PSUs in my PC. I returned the Enermax, kept the Corsair. But you go on believing whatever makes you happy.
The numbers speak for themselves:
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTU4OCwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=138

I'm pretty sure that you didn't test the PSUs with proper equipment as was done in these reviews. But you go on believing whatever makes you happy.

The numbers speak for themselves:
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTU4OCwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=138

I'm pretty sure that you didn't test the PSUs with proper equipment as was done in these reviews. But you go on believing whatever makes you happy.
Ahh yes, it's all about the reviews. Unlike so many around here, I don't rely solely on reviews for my purchase decisions. I actually buy and try these things to see how they perform. That way I can find out for myself what works best. Novel concept, huh?

Ahh yes, it's all about the reviews. Unlike so many around here, I don't rely solely on reviews for my purchase decisions. I actually buy and try these things to see how they perform. That way I can find out for myself what works best. Novel concept, huh?
There is no possible way for you to actually discern how a PSU will perform without proper testing equipment, which I'm quite sure you do not have. The HX1000 is certainly more than adequate for your computer, but there is no doubt that the Enermax is a better PSU.

In what respect did you find the Corsair HX1000 to be a better PSU than the Enermax during this testing?

In what respect did you find the Corsair HX1000 to be a better PSU than the Enermax during this testing?
Quieter and cooler over 48 straight hours of continuous use. The Enermax shut down twice; not once, the Corsair. Did I get a bad Enermax? Possibly. I could list everything I did over that time, but since many, but not all, of my tasks aren't listed in Zero's reviews I guess they just don't count. Zero reads reviews, I buy and try. We're both satisfied with our methods. I'm bored with this. Do as you please. ;)

Then yeah, you got a bad one. Shouldn't ever do that, since it's rated for 24/7 @ 50C.

And if more and more users starting having that problem, then the 80Plus Silver silkscreen goes out the door to the dumpster...they gotta figure out what's causing these instabilities soon or else another line of Enerman PSU is going to go down the drain. As it is already bad enough...hope their engineers are working round the clock trying to figure out why.

Back