Enermax Liqtech 360 TR4 on 1950x@3.9

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Balthazar2k4, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Balthazar2k4

Balthazar2k4 CoreJizzer For Life

Got my new Enermax Liqtech 360 on this morning and what a difference it makes. I was previously using the Corsair H100v2 so I don't know if what I am seeing is due to the move from 240mm to a 360mm radiator or the total coverage of the IHS on the 1950x @ 3.9ghz (1.275v). My temps have dropped from ~80C to ~65C at full load. I didn't check the flatness of the block and therefore did not do any lapping either. This is straight out of the box performance. I am not using the Enermax fans, but Corsair HD120 RGB in a standard three fan, push config. I am guessing performance might be improved with the Enermax fans as they are specified at a higher CFM and static pressure, but I got to have me some RGBs.

Anyways, just some observations after an hour of running at 100% load. Keep everyone posted should anything change.

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  2. thesmokingman

thesmokingman [H]ardness Supreme

Grats on the new cooling. The TR4 clocked to near 4.0 is roughly a 300w+ cpu and it matches up well with the 360mm rad.

3. Balthazar2k4

Raised my OC to 4.0ghz @ 1.318v. At full load and 100% fans I am seeing temps at 76c. On my 240mm Corsair I couldn't do this at all without throttling at 85c. This is a big improvement. Almost curious what the Enermax fans would do, but not curious enough to tear things apart for the fourth time in two weeks.

4. Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows 2[H]4U

Somewhat tempted to get this, but not too sure if it's that much of an upgrade from my h115i 240mm corsair push pull setup... Maybe someone will come out with a threadripper AIO 420mm eventually

5. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Get you some! https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/09/03/amd_threadripper_gooseberry_hedt_world_record

6. Balthazar2k4

7. LurkerLito

LurkerLito [H]ard|Gawd

Finally got one! Now I can build my new rig as soon as it arrives. :)

All the pieces are here but my case and this cooler. It sold out in less than 30 minutes at newegg. :D

Kyle_Bennett and Balthazar2k4 like this.
  8. Balthazar2k4

I didn't realize how lucky I was when I got mine on NewEgg. I had an in-stock alert setup and as soon as I got the e-mail I jumped online and ordered it. Couldn't have been 5 minutes later they were gone. They must only get a handful at a time.

Enjoy your new build. The TR4 socket is quite an experience!

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  9. LurkerLito

LurkerLito [H]ard|Gawd

Thanks, I am excited since it's been 5+ years since I built a new rig. I feel like Gollum at the moment when I am staring at the parts that are already here lol.
    [​IMG]

Actually I did get in on the first shipment, but I was an idiot, put it in my cart, went and added a PSU and some thermal paste, checked out, and Newegg took the order only to say in the order confirmation, sorry it's out of stock. I was a bit pissed off then. Well in the end it turned out to be a good thing because I was originally getting the 240 version. I wasn't totally decided on my case at the time and one of the cases I was considering couldn't fit the 360. Since the case is already on the way now I got the 360 instead since I know it will fit. :)

Kyle_Bennett and Balthazar2k4 like this.
  10. alganonim

alganonim n00bie

I got my rig almost ready, Enermax Liqtech 360 TR4 should be with me in a few days, what you think about using Coollaboratory Liquid Pro/Ultra with it ? Could it be dangerous, Liqtech plate is made in copper, but what about screws holes ? From a few reviews it could take a few degress down.

11. Balthazar2k4

Theoretically it should work fine, but I am using the Enermax TIM that came with it since I didn't realize I didn't have enough MX-4 for the IHS beast on the CoreJizzer. Temps have been great and I am running a 4GHz OC without issue.

alganonim and Kyle_Bennett like this.
  12. LurkerLito

LurkerLito [H]ard|Gawd

Got it today and built a bare bones rig, and dam it, the Motherboard has a bad Dimm slot :(. I have 64GB but it only sees 48GB, removed 2 sticks and it only saw 16GB of 32GB. Just finished taking it apart to ship the MB back for a replacement. :(

The enermax seems great though but I didn't really get to do anything.

13. thesmokingman

thesmokingman [H]ardness Supreme

Would only be an issue if it was assembled with aluminum screws, which would be unlikely.

14. LurkerLito

LurkerLito [H]ard|Gawd

Got a different MB now since Newegg didn't have any MSI boards in stock so they refunded me and I went out and bought a ASRock Fatal1ty board locally. It's a very good board so far, and stable. I am OCing the 1950x now and I am at 4Ghz @ 1.32v. It seems stable but it looks like prime95 gets the 1950x to throttle even with the Enermax 360 once I hit 80c. That is after about 5 to 7 minutes of Prime95 with an ambient of 80F (26c) and then it started to drop to 71c-75c range. Looks like I have to drop it down to 3.8-3.9Ghz if I don't want it to throttle at load.