Enermax LIQMAX II 240 Liquid CPU AIO CPU Cooler @ [H]

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Kyle_Bennett, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Enermax LIQMAX II 240 Liquid CPU AIO CPU Cooler

Enermax is extremely proud of its Liqmax II 240 CPU AIO cooler. It is one of the few coolers you will find that it proudly displays its TDP rating right on the front of the box, which happens to be "350W+." With its Batwing fan blades, ceramic bearing pump, and Shunt-Channel-Technology it is a sure winner, right? Let's find out.

2. Kranium

Kranium Limp Gawd

Looks like a solid cooler, shame the fans get so loud on high but the low temps really aren't too bad.

Also yay for the index returning to the bottom, I'd give ya a hug if I could Kyle but I lost my arms in 'nam.

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  3. jfreund

jfreund Gawd

Looks like an Asetek AIO for a great price.

I think a useful article would be to take a group of similar AIO coolers (like Asetek Gen 4 120mm) from different brands and test with the same fans. It appears the differentiating factor for each brand is usually what fans they package with the cooler. For example, with the LIQMAX II 240 and Corsair H110i, can you get the same performance from each without the noise of the fans from the LIQMAX.

RedWagnum and Kyle_Bennett like this.
  4. ecktt

ecktt Limp Gawd

Thanks for the review but with the Syyth Fuma kicking it's ass everywhere, these water coolers really have to step up, especially as they have more points of failure and run the risk of leaking in the case.

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  5. sirmonkey1985

sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

if i remember correctly they use to do something similar to that with the standard air coolers using a high CFM fan i think as a 3rd temp test just to see what the maximum heat dissipation was for that heatsink.. don't know why they stopped doing that though.

6. Kyle_Bennett

UPDATE: All LIQMAX II AIOs now come with socket AM4 and LGA 2066 mounting brackets.

ecktt likes this.
  7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Limp Gawd

So with these basic AIO, the fans just connect to a fan header on MB and then you can alter speed ramp there or is there software?
    I know you mention speed switch on fan itself but tweaking fan profile is not mentioned, or i missed it.

8. RedWagnum

RedWagnum Gawd

I'd agree. I don't recall that the [H} did this in the past but it would provide more meaningful data. Using the stock fans is fine for the "general consumer" but for the enthusiast crowd it does not help much. If I were in the market for a new cooler, be it an air cooler or an AIO, I would want to know what the performance delta is between cooler "A" and cooler "B" and you can't determine that using fan "A" and fan "B." Both coolers need to be tested with the same fan, preferably one that an enthusiast might have or buy, like a Vardar F3 or GT15 or similar. Yes, there are thousands of fans out there and it would be impossible to test all combinations, etc. I'm just saying it would be nice to see two levels of testing, one with the stock fan for the general consumer, and one with a set standard enthusiast-level fan to provide a cooler to cooler performance delta. Yes, it would essentially double the workload for testing coolers but it would provide more meaningful buying information for the enthusiast crowd.

BTW, whatever happened to the thermal paste shootout Kyle_Bennett ? :)

9. Patricio

Patricio n00bie

Kyle_Bennett, are you planning to test the Enermax Liqtech 360 TR4? I Particularly interested to see how it performs with a 1950X and if it can be used to reach a 4 Ghz OC

10. Kyle_Bennett

Yes, should be fully done late next week.

Monkey God likes this.