Enermax Launches Threadripper All In One Coolers

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
In a press release today, Enermax is launching it's Liqtech line of AiO coolers for AMD's upcoming Threadripper CPUs. Coming in 2 variants, a 240mm version, and a 360mm version both can deliver extremely high cooling capacity of 500W+TDP, and feature a cooling block big enough to give coverage to 100% of Threadrippers IHS.

I've been a custom watercooling guy for a long time, but I have to say, these look really nice. 450 L/h pump, good looking fans, and 100% coverage of a CPU as large as Threadripper looks to be a solid combo. Unfortunately no pricing or availability info yet.

UPDATE: MSRP LIQTECH TR4 240 will be $129.99, LIQTECH TR4 360 will be $149.99.

LIQTECH TR4 series is especially engineered for the high-end desktop Threadripper line of CPUs from AMD. Tailored to fully cover Threadripper’s integrated heat spreader for uncompromised cooling performance, LIQTECH TR4 is surely a perfect default choice for the AMD’s high-core-count processors.

Last edited:
You would think some would have been available at launch. the bracket that converts existing Asetek units only covers half the IHS.

You would think some would have been available at launch. the bracket that converts existing Asetek units only covers half the IHS.

I agree. I'm not even sure the Asetek bracket covers the chips entirely underneath. To be truly effective you should over the entire area.

This is awesome that TR is getting such support from the get go.

I don't think it'll be that high, I'm sure it will be more than the standard AIOs from them because of the larger block etc, but I don't think by that much

Take into account the smaller volume of production and I can see the price being around $250. I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised.

Question: When is it going to be available? :) I've been pretty much hesitating on getting the H115i as the cooling solution cause I'd rather have one that was designed for the chip I am using not a retrofitted one that is "adequate".

If you look at what Ryzen 7 did overclocking wise it might be not that different for Threadripper regardless of the size of the block attached to the heat spreader. but the price seems very decent.

If you look at what Ryzen 7 did overclocking wise it might be not that different for Threadripper regardless of the size of the block attached to the heat spreader. but the price seems very decent.

Ryzen hit 4Ghz O/C. But if the cold plate can't cover the entire CPU, then you might have a bigger issue getting to O/C to 4 GHz. Like I said before, I'm not even sure the Asetek covers the area above the die completely. And as an engineer who works with heat transfer/thermal propagation this does indeed lead to higher temperatures.

Question: When is it going to be available? :) I've been pretty much hesitating on getting the H115i as the cooling solution cause I'd rather have one that was designed for the chip I am using not a retrofitted one that is "adequate".

Found on Toms:
The Liqtech TR4 360 and TR4 240 will be available in late August. The former will cost $150, and the latter will run you $130.

From some of the tests I've seen if you coat the entire Asetek coldplate rivets and all and fill everything in you get better temps. If I were in the market and had to have a TR now that's what I'd do until the new full IHS coolers come out.

Back