Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W power supply for $209AR @ Zipzoomfly

If i didnt buy another monitor to pair up with my 3007WFP-HC, i wouldve snag one of these... :(

Almost bought the 1050....then saw this canceled my pending, and placed one for this. Geez not bad for a monster like this.

i just cant wait until they come out with the 1441w power supply... the NEC dares them to....

not to mention, as it is, you're supposed to have a dedicated circuit installed if you have a 1200w power supply...

not bad but I think I'll wait till 2kws come out.

not bad but I think I'll wait till 2kws come out.

they wont. you cant sell products that pull more then 12a. thats why you never see vacuum cleaners or power tools rated higher then 12a... 1440w is the limit you can go for household consumer use. ( 80% of a 15a circuit )

No, you can have 2kw PSUs. There's no reason to, but you can do it. You either need one that draws from two separate circuits, which is what I've seen, or one that just uses a larger supply wire. You can have larger amperage circuits in your house if you like.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/epower_2kw/

lol, their components they test a 2000w psu with...

* AMD Athlon64 Processor 6000+ 230x15
* Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 (BIOS F3, Chipset drivers provided on CD)
* Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9200 DDR2-1150MHz 230HT 5-5-5-12
* OCZ Vendetta CPU Cooler
* PowerColor HD2600 PRO (Catalyst 8.2)
* Antec NeoPower 650W
* 1x250GB Maxtor SATA
* 2x400GB Seagate SATA
* Plextor PX-716SA 16X DVD RW SATA
* HL 4164B 16X DVD RW IDE
* PowerColor Theatre 550 PCIe 1x
* Apevia X-Supra Case
* Windows Vista Ultimate

but at least we do know one exists, haha.

No, you can have 2kw PSUs. There's no reason to, but you can do it. You either need one that draws from two separate circuits, which is what I've seen, or one that just uses a larger supply wire. You can have larger amperage circuits in your house if you like.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/epower_2kw/

yes im well aware of most of the nec... which is exactly why they will never put 2kw power supplies on best buy shelves. i didnt mean its not technically possible, i said they cant sell them.

edit i find it interesting in that [bias] review that there is not one mention of the dual-circuit requirements... i mean i can tell from the pics that is what its doing, taking power from two different outlets, but the reviewer doesnt even list that as a con, problem, inconvenience or anything. i have wired hundreds of homes, never once did i put two outlets next to each other on different circuits, as this requires. this is definitely setup for rackmount use, where many times they have 5 sets of outlets all on dedicated circuits.

and, correct me if im wrong, but if you run this power supply on just one outlet, does it just have half the capacity? or 1400w capacity? or not work at all unless you have two sources?

Last edited:
and, correct me if im wrong, but if you run this power supply on just one outlet, does it just have half the capacity? or 1400w capacity? or not work at all unless you have two sources?
They might do something like Ultra does with the X3 1600W and put a breaker into each power cable that limits its current draw.

I personally see no issue with any amperage levels as long as the consumer is forced to wire it correctly. Shit, an electric range draws 50 amps, and 6/3 is the minimum recommended, so I don't see why a 2000 watt psu couldn't run off of a dedicated 20+ amp circuit with 10/2 or 10/3 connected depending on if it were 110 or 220 volts.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

youre right radeon... but thats also why they wont sell them. its the same reason vacuums and other things dont go above 12a... because 90% of people arent equipped to handle more on normal outlets, and fuirthermore arent smart enough to know the dangers of running too much on one circuit.

zero has a good point though. that would allow any dummy to just say "screw the directions" and yet still not be in much danger... that is a way to put 1400w+ supplies on the market...

Thanks for the headsup, was waiting for one of these deals again. I don't know how ZZF does it but they are the only ones I've ever seen offer this psu for such a low price and it is head and shoulders above 99% of the other PSU's on the market right now. 209 bucks is an absolute steal for this PSU and I finally managed to snag me one!

Thanks!

A 2 kw PSU would probably be de-rated unless it was being fed 220v power. There was a Koolance water cooled PSU reviewed here a while back that was like that. I think it was around 1.2-1.3 kw on 120v and kicked up to 1.7 kw if it was hooked to a 220v circuit.

Back