Enermax EQUILENCE ATX Case Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Enermax EQUILENCE ATX Case Review

The Enermax EQUILENCE comes with a lot of promises, mostly that it is silent. In our experiences however, "silent" cases are usually hotter on your hardware. Enermax has looked to figure that out while giving us an unassuming looking case that has tons of cooling options and features built into a very workable form factor.

If you like our content, please support HardOCP on Patreon.

Thanks for the thorough review.

Those GPU's do get a bit toasty. Too hot for OC'ing but a simpler system would very likely enjoy this case and get the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Equilence, reminds me of this skit: https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/inside-the-actors-studio/n11458

Looks nice, the added fan is a bonus as most just come with 1 or 2 and you have to buy a few more to actually get decent cooling - I had to buy 3 more fans for good airflow in my case which added probably 30 bucks or so to the cost.
It is very solid for a mid-level build IMO. It works well. If I were to set that case up for me, I would throw and AIO in there and have it exhaust out the front with a 240mm rad (assuming you did not have blower cards), and use the rear for an intake and put a nice filter on it. Filtering is the only real thing that case is missing, but it does have one on the PSU intake. With M.2 being what it is now days, hell, you could pack that thing full of drives even being as small as it is.

Nice case, and great review! I love understated cases, and would seriously consider this one for my next build... but fuck I wish they would ditch the side window.

So at first, I thought you left out a pic of side panel vents for optional rad/fans but I went to there site and there are no vents on right back side.

not sure how mounting anything on the side would work then.

Anyway, not a bad case from looks of it.

All the pictures in this review were soft, out of focus even. Might be time for Zach to invest in a better phone. I'd like a pic of the rear of the case, so I can see everything back there. Other than that, I liked the review.

All the pictures in this review were soft, out of focus even. Might be time for Zach to invest in a better phone. I'd like a pic of the rear of the case, so I can see everything back there. Other than that, I liked the review.
Zach is no longer with us. But yes, agreed. Pics were not up to par.

Reactions: Dan
like this
I knew this design was familiar from somewhere. Our company has a bunch of cheap computers built on $10 (or $25 with PSU) throwaway cases that have this exact design. Sans the glass side panel, but otherwise it is the same.
IDK to me this case doesn't ooze quality, the exact opposite in fact. I find it curious that the reviewer talks about the packaging quality yet doesn't provide a single image of said packaging.

On the other hand the case doesn't look anything special. And oh man I wish they did away with shiny plastic pieces altogether. It can make anything look cheap, no matter the build quality (which ofc I can't judge over pictures).

The layout is the same you seen one you seen them all type stuff. I wish more manufacturers tried to innovate in this regard. I love quirky cases that do away with regular tower layouts.

If you're going to do product reviews professionally don't use a phone, invest in at least a decent bridge camera as a bare minimum.

Back