Energizer Smartphone has a 18,000 mAh Battery

Can you imagine laying in bed, browsing on that thing and then the brick slips out of your fingers and clonks you in the face? OUCH!

This would be pretty handy for folks who do app-based deliveries on bicycle. I used to work for UberEats* and that would blow thru my battery like nothing else, to the point of having to cut my workday short and missing out on good rushes because my phone couldn't do no mo. Slow and cumbersome external battery banks are fine for civvie use but when you're using your phone for work, you need the battery recharged NOW- or better yet, not in need of a charge in the first place.

*and by "work for", I naturally mean "was totally an independent contractor who merely happened to partner with Uber in the course of my own endeavors, and was definitely not a defacto employee who was wholly dependent on Uber's services and infrastructure"

I would like to see one of these phones battery short out (like the Note 7) and how big of a fireball it would make. Would make for a great Mission Impossible phone, smoke, bang and all. ;)

Not gonna lie, I spent about 5 seconds considering it.

I don't need 18000, but I'd for sure not mind a few more millimeters for a 6000-8000 battery built in.

putting that in your back pocket will cause you to tip over trying to sit down. Drop it on your foot and your foot will be gone.

So what it big but at lease it can run all day at full power where 98% of all other carp out would die with Pokémon running in about 4/6 hour and you sure in the hell will be able to bent this LoL

How many times do you hear "i dont care about a thin phone, give me a bigger battery!" and then someone does it, and now its "omg so huge!".

I will probably give my phone to my wife (iPhone XR) and buy this.

Rather get a 6k qi battery for the V10. More than enough while not taking as much room, with a spare easily swapped. I'd use this phone if I had lots of usb or charge requiring devices though, e.g. remote biz stuff

Make it 9000 mAh and get it closer to half as thick and I'm in.

You can't have it only be 9,000. That would break the status of being over 9,000.
itsover9000.jpg

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-over-9000

What is the cost of a spare turbo charger?

Does it cost as much as, the battery, I mean, the phone ?

Imagine the fire that's going to cause in your pocket when you short the Li-Ion or LiPo battery!!!
It's targeted at the arsonist market. Comes with the preinstalled HOT! app. Call the phone, press in the right digits, and it will start something functioning so it will overheat and torch your rat infested building of choice.
But but guyz, 18,000mAh sounds larger.
Of course. Just like 1000mg of Tylenol trumps 1mg of Dilaudid. Bigger is always better to some. Geez, it's back to the 'big, now small, now big', sales biz/

Like a small thermonuclear device. When this bad boy goes up it not only take you out, it takes out everyone within a 6 foot radius.....

It makes one helluva nuclear deterrent. "Whats out robbers, I have Energizer smartphone and I am not afraid of throwing this at your feet."

I am really liking this trend Caterpillar and some chinese manufacturers (Oukitel, Blackview, Doogee...) are upkeeping. I dislike how ordinary smartphones feel like they would break if you just look at it wrong. Or in case of iPhone, bend if you sit wearing jeans. These rugged phones are like good old original Nokia 3310, if you dropped it into the floor the phone would not break. The floor on the other hand... :p

Cut the battery in half and they'd have a winner (IF it had a headphone jack). Or include a built in stun gun.

How does it have such low endurance? My phone supposedly can do 45h voice, and it doesn't look like a brick. If I slapped a power bank on its back with electric tape it'd still look more appealing and probably outlast their 90 hour figure by a margin of 2.

With a 18K battery it should do at least 200 hours voice and 6 months standby.

How does it have such low endurance? My phone supposedly can do 45h voice, and it doesn't look like a brick. If I slapped a power bank on its back with electric tape it'd still look more appealing and probably outlast their 90 hour figure by a margin of 2.

With a 18K battery it should do at least 200 hours voice and 6 months standby.

Inefficient CPU maybe? I do not know what CPU is in this Energizer but that is the downfall of cheaper rugged phones like Oukitel. They have a big battery and they do last long on stand by but the moment you start using it the cheap Mediatek cpu drains it relatively quick. A phone with a much better Snapdragon but smaller battery can outlast Oukitel in active use because the CPU is simply more efficient.

Back