Energizer Smartphone has a 18,000 mAh Battery

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
While the big Android smartphone players like Samsung, Huawei, LG and others tend to dominate the headlines and the markets, occasionally, smaller companies or corporations from other markets will come out with crazy designs. Caterpillar, for example, has a lineup of rugged, steel bodied steel Android phones, and Phone Arena reports that Energizer is throwing their hat into the fray as well. At MWC, they showed off the "Energizer Power Max P18K Pop" smartphone that comes with an 18,000 mAh battery. Insane capacity aside, the phone features a 6.2 inch 2160 x 1080 display, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, and a MediaTek Helio P70 SoC, a relatively clean instance of Android 9, and 5 cameras, putting it on par with other upper-middle range Android handsets. Thanks to cageymaru for the tip.

Check out Phone Arena's video here.

18,000 mah - this is the amount of charge this beast of a phone can hold. To put this figure into perspective, this is 4.5 times the charge capacity of a Galaxy S10+ or a Galaxy Note 9. The device can sustain a 90-hour phone call and will last 50 days in stand-by. To drain it, you'd need to play video for 2 days straight. The phone also doubles as a power bank, while a full recharge requires around 9 hours if its bundled quick charger is used. But perhaps it is now time to address the elephant in the room: this phone is humongous, reminiscent of Thor's hammer, and it barely fits in a normal pocket. It also weighs a ton and can literally be used for self defense as the frame is made of metal. We can imagine it being a great phone for long flights or trips in the wild, but we can't picture ourselves with this as our primary handset. The blue color is pretty, though... We're told that the phone is set to launch in September of this year.

there are good fast chargers battery packs if you need such long life. without being really heavy, like the battery pack is.

That alone would make me trade in my iphone x lol.

Ugh, me too, I absolutely hate this phone for everything but the battery life.

eg.
I can't believe how bad the camera and camera app are, shiny black surfaces look orange, can't adjust any settings for the lens.

FaceID is god awful, I don't want to pick my phone up all the time to unlock, so back to good old pin and a longer screen lock setting

Sweet Lord!
Who are they making that big blue battery brick for?

Me, I want this. I want to never care about charging again halfway through the day and I am sick of replacing iphone batteries or dealing with the reduced performance / gimped mode. IMO the cheap stamp / pad print of "energizer" on the back looks tacky, but a dab of acetone and a rag will fix that easily enough.

Ugh, me too, I absolutely hate this phone for everything but the battery life.

eg.
I can't believe how bad the camera and camera app are, shiny black surfaces look orange, can't adjust any settings for the lens.

FaceID is god awful, I don't want to pick my phone up all the time to unlock, so back to good old pin and a longer screen lock setting

I came from the S7 and felt like I downgraded my camera. I do like the battery life though, but for the price, not doing that again. After my 2 years is up, might just replace the battery in my s7 and go back to it lol. Unless this energizer phone is viable, would need to hold it to see. Honestly the CAT phones with the flir sensor are tempting me.

I came from the S7 and felt like I downgraded my camera. I do like the battery life though, but for the price, not doing that again. After my 2 years is up, might just replace the battery in my s7 and go back to it lol. Unless this energizer phone is viable, would need to hold it to see. Honestly the CAT phones with the flir sensor are tempting me.

as a owner of a cat s60 all i can say is do it i have been happy with the phone

Why would I want a power bank built into my phone when I can have a more comfortable phone and a power bank?

Especially when you think of all the bank that take 4, 8, 12 or even 16 18650s.

Besides, that phone isn't really thick enough to be considered properly thicc.

I just want the return of replaceable batteries. Not going to upgrade from my V20 until a viable alternative comes a long, and as the V20 does have replaceable batteries it is going to work long enough for that to happen... :)

I held on to my Note 4 for years for just that reason.

However, I finally gave up and went with the Note 9.
Great battery life, as even under what I would consider heavy use, I still have 20-30% left when I go to bed.

With my Note 4, I had to plug it in at my office desk or it would have been dead before I got home.

Reactions: Reimu
like this
I just want the return of replaceable batteries. Not going to upgrade from my V20 until a viable alternative comes a long, and as the V20 does have replaceable batteries it is going to work long enough for that to happen... :)
Don't hold your breath, you'll die of asphyxiation before another replaceable battery smart phone comes along.

That's the phone Ingress players all around the world, including me, were waiting for!

After Prime, 18.000 mA.h will be just enough for a full day of play. Maybe.

Sigh.

Also, can we please start saying 18Ah? The number gets a bit much and doesn't roll off the tongue as easily.

Great battery life, as even under what I would consider heavy use, I still have 20-30% left when I go to bed.

With my Note 4, I had to plug it in at my office desk or it would have been dead before I got home.

Me too, except I went Note 8 (just due to price). The power saving is definitely more aggressive as I can go the whole day with regular use. Any gaming, or GPS, still drains the battery. I do wish the phone was thicker like the CAT phone, not this one, so I could go days without being near a charger. It would make outdoor activities easier!

Reactions: Reimu
like this
The Chinese made a few phones like this. I don't really hate the idea per se, but I can't help but to think that I might as well as to stick a 4G phone modem into an electric car instead.
Actually, scratch that. What I serious want is for these phone makers to stop just catering to the thin fetish and give me a top end phone with replaceable battery again already! Like what nutzo and Todd just said, I have a note 4 (and LG's V20) but I feel the pain of the battery i

(i am in the same camp as nutzo and SDPlus. I have V20 and Note 4 still)

I don't use the note 4 as my primary device, but I did get a 10,000 mah and 12,000 mah removable batteries for it.

Makes my current Note 8's battery life seem pathetic.

Seems like a Bluetooth earpiece would be required, I can't imagine comfortably holding that thing up to my ear for any length of time.

It also weighs a ton and can literally be used for self defense as the frame is made of metal. We can imagine it being a great phone for long fights or trips in the wild,

Anybody else read it like this?

Last edited:
This phone is for those chicks that never carry around a gotdam charger or powerbank....I'm looking at you, dear... :p

This reminds me of a very evolved version of the Motorola DynaTac 8000x.

Back