Enemy Territory - Quake Wars ... Noob questions please

Cov

Gawd
Hello people

Sorry but I have the the funny feeling that I have been screwed ... again.

Have bought the game QUAKE WARS - ENEMY TERRITORY second hand from eBay ... it arrived on Tuesday morning (22nd April).
When I try to create a new online account I get the message UNKNOWN ERROR.

Would you know if it is because it had been registered by the original owner already by the very serial key ?

I have asked the seller before I purchased the game if it had been registered already and here is what he replied:
Hi! Yes I have played online, but you can create a new account with the cd key no problem.

and later, after I won it ...

Hi, I already posted your item. I've tested creating a new online account and it works, so you will be fine.

The campaign part seems to work fine without that a serial is neccessary.

For those who have the game, could you please let me know what you think ?

:confused: .. Thank you

Hello Nuby1Canuby ... yeh, thank you very much ... have been to the forum and registered.
Then I asked the same question like in my posting above and a few people have advised that it is essential to update before creating an account.

I will do it soon and let you know the outcome ...

Hey, I had the same problem, got the game yesterday, tried to setup an account while I was waiting for patch to d/l from filefront. I couldn't register my key/make an online account and got the same error as OP. Once I patched to 1.4 problem fixed itself so.... I suggest u patch ASAP. If you did already, then I don't know what to do.

Good Luck.

Thank you Mystic-Micro ... I am at work right now, but when I come home this evening I will do the update thing and try to register for online gaming.
That you have encountered the same problem before is very reassuring for me ... thanks again.

Oh man people ... have just downloaded the patch (that was a 90 minutes download), and what can I say ? ... (blushing a little) ... online play does work just fine now - without any error message ...

thanks again for all your support ... QWET is awesome !

Oh man people ... have just downloaded the patch (that was a 90 minutes download), and what can I say ? ... (blushing a little) ... online play does work just fine now - without any error message ...

That's great!
Feel free to add me to your friends list. I've been playing it for quite a while and can help, if you need help that is :)

My nick in QW is the same as in here.

I wish I had the same reaction when I first fired up the game. Then I would have gotten my money's worth out of the game rather than shelving and forgetting about it after 30 minutes. I had just come from playing bf2 & 2142 for a year and was expecting something more, dare I say, EAish.

So, how does the game compare to bf2142? Just wondering, thought about picking it up but meh...

So, how does the game compare to bf2142? Just wondering, thought about picking it up but meh...

Having played both (even if I didn't spend hours with BF2142), QW is miles ahead of BF. It's a true team based game and it's objective oriented (main, secondary and class objectives), which makes it much more complex.
Also, and this seems to be what kills the will to play QW, for former BF players, just because you have uber-skills in fragging enemies, that doesn't mean you will succeed in QW. You may indeed kill many, but that won't make you win games. In QW, it's about actually working as a team to accomplish the objectives.

Back